Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,351 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

xXxKAMIKAZExXx

Mammoth Thruster: Appreciation and Discussion Thread

DarkFlame588

Big fan of how it is waiting for me on the helipad after autolanding at the office. Only a couple other vehicles I know of do that.

ajheadshot777

Just bought it with the sale. Gotta say I'm pretty impressed. It goes faster and handles better than I thought. Makes doing missions like Sightseer fun... especially since you can land pretty much anywhere.

I was hesitant since you can't sell it back, but after trying it out in the new races, I was sold.

If you're on the fence, and if you have the money (I would say at least 5x the current price), I highly recommend it.

Also, this is not going to be a great PVP/PVE vehicle, if that's what you're looking for. This is more of a "novelty", "fun cruiser", and laid back job tool (Sightseer, picking up CEO crates, going to your businesses to buy supplies, etc.).

Gridl0k

I appreciated this a lot last night, in the 20 minutes between the first 9 and final checkpoints..

KeSk0Ou.jpg

Voodoo-Hendrix

It's my imagination or almost nobody knows how to fly one of these?

I swear have won every single Thruster Special Race without even trying lol

Kushology
Posted (edited)

Very few people I know even bother with it..myself included. I know how to fly it, just never use it.

There's one member in my crew that is almost always using it, he can utilize it very well when it comes to doing work of all kinds or just flying around.

Edited by Kushology

AUScowboy

I enjoy holding the decel trigger and holding the direction stick all the way forward for intense divebombs. You can just about get yourself completely horizontal, it makes for a great angle to spam rockets at ground targets.

RyuNova

The Thruster is a magnificent vehicle in GTA Online.

Its weird micro helicopter physics take time to master but it can hang with the best of them.

LunaticPandora

I must admit I'm surprised by how much I'm using this thing. I thought it would be another gimmick vehicle, but this is the best way to get across the map by far, save for a jet. The fact that it's basically a tiny helicopter that spawns near you like a car, and is the same size as you makes it the perfect transportation and is easy as hell to land anywhere. Absolutely love it.

Voodoo-Hendrix

This thing should have unlimited rockets IMO.

It would be the ultimate glass cannon.

secrecy274

Currently debating whether to get this or the Kanjali. I need something to counter all other Kanjalis I face, and I already have a huge amount of helicopters I rarely use due to the Akula.

Smooth Longsack

Currently debating whether to get this or the Kanjali. I need something to counter all other Kanjalis I face, and I already have a huge amount of helicopters I rarely use due to the Akula.

The best counter to the tank is an oppressor or lazer.

secrecy274

The best counter to the tank is an oppressor or lazer.

f*ck the Oppressor though, won't touch that contaminated sh*tstain with a 12m stick.

And a helicopter works just as well as a Lazer, the problem is the spawns, Kanjali can be spawned at my feet, and I heard the Thruster could as well.

Cutter De Blanc

If you just want to use it to stop a Khanjali you might as well use a Buzzard

if you've got their attention to the point they're shooting at you the smaller frame offers only minimal advantage

Moose-Mayhem

Fun little machine. Purchased it today and flew from my My Gordon facility to Grapeseed and Chilliad then down to the city. Took out three players on the way easy as pie. Good times.

RyuNova
On 5/22/2018 at 1:17 PM, Moose-Mayhem said:

Fun little machine. Purchased it today and flew from my My Gordon facility to Grapeseed and Chilliad then down to the city. Took out three players on the way easy as pie. Good times.

Hilarity ensues no? Nothing better than vaporising someone while going so fast that by the time they respawn you're a speck on the horizon and they can just hear the faint sound of you cackling like a loon echoing off the hills.

xwinkx_girlYakuza

Is it just me or was the jet-pack one of the most anticipated thing in gtao for the longest time. But now that it's out i still see people prefer to be in their harry potter bikes and deluxos most of the time. I mean I would hardly see any thrusters while i see the potter bikes and deluxos in almost every session. Wat up wit dat? :pp

secrecy274
58 minutes ago, xwinkx_girlYakuza said:

Is it just me or was the jet-pack one of the most anticipated thing in gtao for the longest time. But now that it's out i still see people prefer to be in their harry potter bikes and deluxos most of the time. I mean I would hardly see any thrusters while i see the potter bikes and deluxos in almost every session. Wat up wit dat? :pp

That's because of Tryhards and Griefers. Any vehicle that doesn't excel in either:

A) Easy of Access.

B) Firepower.

C) Survivability.

Just can't compete against vehicles that excel in two or more, like the Oppressor or Deluxo.

Edited by secrecy274

xwinkx_girlYakuza

So true..

Rafae
1 hour ago, xwinkx_girlYakuza said:

Quite underwhelming really. I still use mine from time to time and while there's absolutely nothing wrong with it (to me at least) it just feels like an afterthought for some reason lol. 

Blame the Oppressor and Deluxos tbh. I'd personally much rather use my Pariah or Hunter/Buzzard to make my way around the city.

xwinkx_girlYakuza

RIP mammoth thruster. You will be missed.

p.s. unless they upgrade it to mammoth thruster MKII then we might have something to challenge them potter bikes and back to the future boats :pp

secrecy274

Well, Jetpack is OP, didn't you know?

nuiVZT5.jpg

P.S: I just bought it yesterday :(

Voodoo-Hendrix
12 hours ago, xwinkx_girlYakuza said:

Same with the Hunter, I only have been attacked by one once while I was in a Khanjali.

Even when I lost, it was quite a great battle, sadly it rarely happens.

Only Deluxos, Oppressors and jets :(