Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums! (92,480 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

xXxKAMIKAZExXx

Mammoth Thruster: Appreciation and Discussion Thread

xXxKAMIKAZExXx

Introducing the Thruster Jetpack by Mammoth

65Knhn1.jpg

Price: $3,657,500

Trade Price: $2,750,000

The Jetpack finally returns to GTA with a much more modern design than it 90's predecessor. The Jetpack features an optional twin-rocketpod modification.

PlY7FZg.jpg

Capacity: 1

"Since the dawn of time mankind has looked to the skies and longed for a way to hover there, totally exposed, deafened by an unstable mixture of jet fuel and naked flame, idly strafing the rush hour traffic. Well now that dream has thrust its way, crotch first, into reality. So what are you waiting for?"

Please note: This vehicle must be stored in a personal facility and can be modified at the Facility Vehicle Workshop.

0Q966ol.jpg

Edited by xXxKAMIKAZExXx

Commche

It'll be interesting to see if it ends up becoming like the Oppressor in ita ability to harass vehicles effectively while being swift, agile transportation. Also if it will be treated like a vehicle or something different you can carry around with you all the time like an accessory.

Edited by Commche

MitchMaljers

Can't wait to kill try hards and f*ckwads with this.

xXxKAMIKAZExXx

It'll be interesting to see if it ends up becoming like the Oppressor in ita ability to harass vehicles effectively while being swift, agile transportation. Also if it will be treated like a vehicle or something different you can carry around with you all the time like an accessory.

I was thinking the same thing. I'd imagine it would be very hard to kill someone on a jetpack too since they'll be such a small target. I hope it doesn't become a complete troll weapon. I'd like to think you could store it at your Bunker or Hangar and equip the same way you spawn a bicycle. If not it might be spawned by calling in an airdrop, like the Ballistic Equipment.

whywontyoulisten

Is it just me, or are the jet nozzles perfectly positioned to cook the rockets in their tubes?

xXxKAMIKAZExXx

Is it just me, or are the jet nozzles perfectly positioned to cook the rockets in their tubes?

Lol. You're not wrong there. They are almost directly over them.

SHADOW OPS

How does someone floating around the countryside peacefully make them a tryhard?

The Wandering Hunter

How does someone floating around the countryside peacefully make them a tryhard?jetpack = tryhard, it's like the oppressor in that regard.

it's my excuse to kill every oppressor i see. and it's not totally unjustified since it has missiles

SHADOW OPS

Well good luck killing a good oppressor operator with this most likely slow moving item.

APB

Calling now, 15 mill for one plus research for rockets.

SilverRST

I'll definitly buy one. I bought the Oppressor because it brings me fast to place as my bunker is in Paleto Bay and all of MC and MC business of my friend

is in Paleto Bay too, we use the Oppressors to get fast to the missions. And it's really cool and having this too is cooler too.

But I wonder how we can request the jetpacks.

SHADOW OPS

I'll definitly buy one. I bought the Oppressor because it brings me fast to place as my bunker is in Paleto Bay and all of MC and MC business of my friend

is in Paleto Bay too, we use the Oppressors to get fast to the missions. And it's really cool and having this too is cooler too.

Hopefully through the interaction menu.

SilverRST

I very hope so too. We know the Oppressor are seen as griefers toy but we use them for bunker/MC missions as they come very handy and so will the jetpacks.

Flying in a jetpack while enjoying the snowy landscapes!

SHADOW OPS

I very hope so too. We know the Oppressor are seen as griefers toy but we use them for bunker/MC missions as they come very handy and so will the jetpacks.

Don't forget to play Christmas songs while doing so.

SilverRST

Don't forget to play Christmas songs while doing so.

Good idea.

And then acting like a Santa Clause and giving the freemode drivers a rocket present lol

Edited by SilverRST

BLACK DYNAM1TE

If this does make it to Freemode, I expect the missiles will be limited, the "Jet Fuel" will be nothing more than the ability boost found on the Rocket Voltic or Oppressor and similar vehicles. Who knows? Maybe the fuel doesn't refill and youll have to land and wait 5-10 minutes to call another one. Hopefully its balanced (I'm sure it isn't) or it will ruin Freemode Events and Challenges quicker than any other troll option introduced to date...

Price? I see this costing starting at 7.2 million and up easily.

BLACK DYNAM1TE

More likely it will be treated and delivered like the Ballistic Armor. If you could walk around with it don't expect to move quickly or able to use your guns either, the missiles it has probably need you to be airborne to be any useful.

_47_

Gonna be honest, not really feeling the jetpack. Just not all that crazy about since some players are going to try to find a way to abuse the intended use...

Oh well. Another thing I have to learn deal with via explosive sniper.

Emu War

I think itll be like the heavy armor in that you have to call it in as an airdrop.

The Wandering Hunter

if all it has is missiles then it won't pose much more threat than a ceo buzzard. and i'd think 1 explosive round would take it out.

Snoopbr

I think it will require a MOC-like unit to spawn it, another hypothesis is using your phone to request it.

CrysisAverted

What if these Jetpacks are like bikes, as in once they are destroyed you have to buy another?

But seems like they'll be like the Juggernaut suits, you'll need a bunker, need to do all the research until you researched jet packs and finally you'll be allowed to buy a very expensive jet pack only to have to pay merryweather every time you want to use one.

Happy Hunter

I don't like that they've stuck missiles on it. Unnecessary really - if I wanted something to fly and kill, I'd just sue an attack helicopter anyway. It should've been just a really practical way of getting around like it was in San Andreas.

That said, if there's any kind of goofy vehicle I can get behind, it's this.

TheLordMarvel

I'd just sue an attack helicopter anyway.

Gonna need a good lawyer... ;)

I think the missiles are optional, so that's ok. Looks like it will be fun to use!

CrysisAverted

I don't like that they've stuck missiles on it. Unnecessary really - if I wanted something to fly and kill, I'd just sue an attack helicopter anyway. It should've been just a really practical way of getting around like it was in San Andreas.

What if they aren't offensive missiles

What if these are countermeasures?

The Rockets have a flare on them that target whoever shot a homing missile at you redirecting the homing missile back to the shooter

xXxKAMIKAZExXx

At least they are optional, most likely. I just hope they're not unlocks via research. I also hope they won't drip-feed anything since Christmas is coming up soon.

ash-274

How does someone floating around the countryside peacefully make them a tryhard?

When they don't have Passive Mode on.

RetroStyle

Well good luck killing a good oppressor operator with this most likely slow moving item.

I bet oppressors cant lock onto this, but I bet this will lock on an oppressor. Plus it has double the jet boosters, 1/2 the weight, 3 times the missiles, and can permanently fly without need to recharge the rocket. I bet this is the new oppressor.

Edited by RetroStyle

SHADOW OPS

I bet oppressors cant lock onto this, but I bet this will lock on an oppressor. Plus it has double the jet boosters, 1/2 the weight, 3 times the missiles, and can permanently fly without need to recharge the rocket. I bet this is the new oppressor.

Then I will buy it if it surpasses my baby.

HeavyDuke

Gonna be honest, not really feeling the jetpack. Just not all that crazy about since some players are going to try to find a way to abuse the intended use...

Oh well. Another thing I have to learn deal with via explosive sniper.

And another vehicle that will drain your bank account and put you into badsport eventually.