2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Shaytan

Imponte Deluxo appreciation thread

Shaytan

It's still an American car despite there not being a DMC parody. There's no AMC parody either but the Rhapsody didn't go under BF despite having the front end of a Golf MK1. Imponte is the best suit IMO.

Well, DMC was actually English. It would make more sense to be Voltic (DeLorean's unibody was based on the Esprit)or even a Lampadati (its engine was Peugeot/Citroen developed), rather than under a German parody brand.

Dacelo

Does anyone remember who made it in Vice City?

Because as far as I remember it did not fall under any brand in that game and I feel that is what they should of done now. It would save the arguments at least.

Basically no cars had brands in VC though. I really don't see why the Deluxo should go against the trend of practically every single car having a manufacturer just because it can't have its own brand.

Breaking Bad

This car looks like such much fun. I've been wanting it in this game since Launch. Wasn't expecting them to actually let you fly it though, that's...interesting. To say the least.

I may buy this if it has a normal version, not holding my breath though.

Won't it just be a hybrid? That was my line of thinking. You'll be able to drive it normally, or fly it if you choose to do so. That's the impression I got from the Trailer. I hope it doesn't force you to use the flying mechanics anyways.

Sam0511

Cant wait to see this new awesome vehicle. I think it will cost around 4-5 million like the ruiner 2k

Edited by Sam0511

Sentinel Driver

My biggest wish is that it's not just an opressor clone

MechanicMammal

It's still an American car despite there not being a DMC parody. There's no AMC parody either but the Rhapsody didn't go under BF despite having the front end of a Golf MK1. Imponte is the best suit IMO.

Well, DMC was actually English. It would make more sense to be Voltic (DeLorean's unibody was based on the Esprit)or even a Lampadati (its engine was Peugeot/Citroen developed), rather than under a German parody brand.

I have pointed this out about 5 times but no one seems to care about the facts.

Smooth Longsack

What if it forces you into flight mode at anything above 88mph. Like 1.21 GWatts type sh*t!

Fatsanchez

I think there is hope for a non-weaponized version of this car, seeing that the mission requires you to "source" the car before using it on the Heist, this could very well mean that the modifications are made afterwards, probably inside this new propriety that will be also able to run the new Heists. Or the modification could be made in the MOC, I dunno.

Pumpkin Zone

They really should've bit the bullet and made a new manufactuerer for the vehicle, but of course we can't expect that much from a company who decided to rebrand the Stallion to Declasse when Classique's files were already in the game during last gen's launch.

It should be 'DLC Deluxo'. DLC standing for Deluxo Limited Company (or Cars), owned by the very famous Jack Deluxo. You know.. that guy who got arrested for smuggling that old drug SPANK in the 80's?

MechanicMammal

They really should've bit the bullet and made a new manufactuerer for the vehicle, but of course we can't expect that much from a company who decided to rebrand the Stallion to Declasse when Classique's files were already in the game during last gen's launch.

It should be 'DLC Deluxo'. DLC standing for Deluxo Limited Company (or Cars), owned by the very famous Jack Deluxo. You know.. that guy who got arrested for smuggling that old drug SPANK in the 80's?

This guy gets it :)

Edited by MechanicMammal

Spectre "2K"

woo, looks like it won't be dripfed. The tweet R* sent said it'll be here next week with the heist

Redmone

I wouldve liked more official pictures but yeah no the same shaky clip of it taking off is fine

MisterLanceVanceDance

The one car I always wanted to be brought back, the DeLuxo from Vice City!!! Finally cant wait to complete my replica collection & get rid of the fake DeLuxo lol

0p6cwRe.jpg

meat_popsicle

I'm just surprised by the restraint. They didn't cover it in faux-techno bits with huge glowing bars and wires all over it, in street-mode it just looks like a normal car and the flight mode effects are pretty cleanly integrated. There could always be layers of customization we haven't seen yet, but just give me sustained flight and the gullwing doors and this thing will be perfect regardless of whatever other flaws it has.

This thing takes off like a plane, there's no sudden lurch from a booster being fired. Seriously optimistic about this.

Edited by meat_popsicle

0delay

I'm just surprised by the restraint. They didn't cover it in faux-techno bits with huge glowing bars and wires all over it, in street-mode it just looks like a normal car and the flight mode effects are pretty cleanly integrated. There could always be layers of customization we haven't seen yet, but just give me sustained flight and the gullwing doors and this thing will be perfect regardless of whatever other flaws it has.

This thing takes off like a plane, there's no sudden lurch from a booster being fired. Seriously optimistic about this.

I wonder how ist's supposed to get it's forward propulsion though, when Doc kitted the Delorean out with a hover conversion is also got the big thrusters stuck on the back.

Yinepi

Besides the Dukes name none of the cars are references...they're just the same model of car as some cars seen in movies. The only Imponte car that can be called a direct reference is the Ruiner 2K.

It's like saying the Cheetah is a reference to Miami Vice because they drove Testarossas in that :turn:

The Dukes is a direct reference too though, and not just in its name:

It's a 1970/1969 Charger hybrid - Same with many of the cars used in the TV show.

It also has roof flag and roll cage modifications available - Same as TV show.

There is a wheel named "Mercenary" under the muscle mod category at LSC that bears a very close resemblance to the wheels used on the show car(s) in the later half of the shows run, that can be applied to this car.

And lest we not forget the Air Dixie horn mod too.

Edited by Yinepi

0delay

Besides the Dukes name none of the cars are references...they're just the same model of car as some cars seen in movies. The only Imponte car that can be called a direct reference is the Ruiner 2K.

It's like saying the Cheetah is a reference to Miami Vice because they drove Testarossas in that :turn:

It's a 1970/1969 Charger hybrid - Same with many of the cars used in the TV show.

There is a wheel named "Mercenary" under the muscle mod category at LSC that bears a very close resemblance to the wheels used on the show car(s) in the later half of the shows run, that can be applied to this car.

No other cars have references? What about the Vigilante? It's the Bat Mobile, BatMan is a vigilante.

There are so may very subtle vehicle and corporate references in this game too but you need to be a little cleverer to pick them up. From the Retinue to Merryweather this game is jam packed with 'I see what you did there' moments.

Edited by 0delay

MGgames100

It most likely will have the BTTF customization... You can see it in the trailer, on one of the Deluxos...

Pumpkin Zone

I wonder how ist's supposed to get it's forward propulsion though, when Doc kitted the Delorean out with a hover conversion is also got the big thrusters stuck on the back.

The 'thrusters' were on the vehicle from the very start of the film. He doesn't go into the future and kit it out with hover until the end of it/Part 2. What you're referring to actually is the vents for the nuclear fusion. They do 'boost' at the end of the film, but that is not their original intended purpose. The thrust at the bottom of the vehicle/wheels is what powers the flight capabilities of the BTTF DeLorean for the most part. Here's some reference:

The nuclear reactor was also a design choice made by Cobb. This choice proved to be important, given the direction the script had taken. Cobb complemented the nuclear reactor with one vent on the back of the car, since it was generally known at the time that nuclear reactors had vents. Once Cobb had left the production, the producers wanted to balance the design with another vent, keeping a symmetrical aesthetic. Probert was asked to step in and he brought the design to its final form. At the end of the first film of the trilogy these vents become the propulsion system for the improved DeLorean, which now had hovering abilities and could reach the time-traveling speed of 88 miles per hour flying.

But of course all of this is just a BTTF superfan nitpicking at details.

Edited by Pumpkin Zone

EkaSwede

If this car gets Gullwing Doors it better damn have the online character actually reach out and open/close it like with the Stirling GT.

I wil lnot have any more cars will gullwing doors be close through the use of psychic powers, dammit! :angry:

0delay

The 'thrusters' were on the vehicle from the very start of the film. He doesn't go into the future and kit it out with hover until the end of it/Part 2. What you're referring to actually is the vents for the nuclear fusion. They do 'boost' at the end of the film, but that is not their original intended purpose. The thrust at the bottom of the vehicle/wheels is what powers the flight capabilities of the BTTF DeLorean for the most part. Here's some reference:

The nuclear reactor was also a design choice made by Cobb. This choice proved to be important, given the direction the script had taken. Cobb complemented the nuclear reactor with one vent on the back of the car, since it was generally known at the time that nuclear reactors had vents. Once Cobb had left the production, the producers wanted to balance the design with another vent, keeping a symmetrical aesthetic. Probert was asked to step in and he brought the design to its final form. At the end of the first film of the trilogy these vents become the propulsion system for the improved DeLorean, which now had hovering abilities and could reach the time-traveling speed of 88 miles per hour flying.

Ok so I just re-watched the end scene of BTTF 1 on youtube...

Looking back they do seem to be there form the beginning but those big black things at the back are what pushes them. Ending scene... small thrusters rise the car, wheels flip down, wheels provide more upward thrust, rear thrusters light up surging the car forward. The bottom thrusters can't propel the car forward as they only mount down.

Pumpkin Zone

Like I said "At the end of the first film of the trilogy these vents become the propulsion system for the improved DeLorean, which now had hovering abilities and could reach the time-traveling speed of 88 miles per hour flying.". Their use as propulstion is an afterthought at the end of the movie. Their original intention was vents for the nuclear combustion engine. That's all I'm saying.

What I am REALLY worried about is if the rear window for the Deluxo will have louvres or not. At least it has the classic rims.

AUScowboy

If this car gets Gullwing Doors it better damn have the online character actually reach out and open/close it like with the Stirling GT.

I wil lnot have any more cars will gullwing doors be close through the use of psychic powers, dammit! :angry:

Motors in the doors? I hear you though. I have more pressing concerns unfortunately, like the fact that the Deluxo and Stromberg will likely be just like the Ardent and will be locked out of traditional and stunt races. I don't want to have to use them in Transform Races, but it's likely what I'll have to settle cor if there are no way to either buy a separate stock model or have the special functions as a Bennys style upgrade. Not particularly hopeful.

Yinepi

No other cars have references? What about the Vigilante? It's the Bat Mobile, BatMan is a vigilante.

There are so may very subtle vehicle and corporate references in this game too but you need to be a little cleverer to pick them up. From the Retinue to Merryweather this game is jam packed with 'I see what you did there' moments.

D.B. Cooper said the Dukes wasn't a reference to other media [The Dukes of Hazzard] in anything other than its name, my post is an attempt to prove them wrong. Your post, however, I fail to see the point of. If you're trying to suggest that I'm not acknowledging or unable to acknowledge the other references in this game simply because I used the word choice of "not just in its name", then I suggest you take a class in English and learn reading comprehension.

Edited by Yinepi

Shaytan

I'm just surprised by the restraint. They didn't cover it in faux-techno bits with huge glowing bars and wires all over it, in street-mode it just looks like a normal car and the flight mode effects are pretty cleanly integrated. There could always be layers of customization we haven't seen yet, but just give me sustained flight and the gullwing doors and this thing will be perfect regardless of whatever other flaws it has. This thing takes off like a plane, there's no sudden lurch from a booster being fired. Seriously optimistic about this.

When in 2015 Doc replaced the nuclear-powered time-traveling system with a Mr. Fusion, the vents were no longer needed. Therefore, when by the same time he got the hover mode installed on the car, he repurposed them to fit the boosters/ jet engines. Everything explained now. ;)

Maxxi

Going to rock mine with a brushed steel finish and this license plate in particular:

31hSplEFVbL.jpg

the only appropriate plate for such a magnificent ride.

blk95ta

those were there in the first movie. they were used to release the cloud of cold air after time travel.

blk95ta

Who else has the unobtainable Marty Mcfly edition clean rebel in their garage? :D

1499019_921055467927064_7005530047438434

Arrows to Athens

This car looks like such much fun. I've been wanting it in this game since Launch. Wasn't expecting them to actually let you fly it though, that's...interesting. To say the least.

I may buy this if it has a normal version, not holding my breath though.

Won't it just be a hybrid? That was my line of thinking. You'll be able to drive it normally, or fly it if you choose to do so. That's the impression I got from the Trailer. I hope it doesn't force you to use the flying mechanics anyways.

Or maybe it's only flyable in the mission it's in, and the one you purchase for yourself will not be flyable, just like the JB-700? I doubt it, though. I mean, how are shark cards gonna sell then, right?

Edited by Arrows to Athens

Maxxi

Who else has the unobtainable Marty Mcfly edition clean rebel in their garage? :D

1499019_921055467927064_7005530047438434

I have that in my garage as well. I think it is white right now, but that can easily be changed.