Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,299 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

xXxKAMIKAZExXx

Avenger Appreciation and Discussion Thread

xXxKAMIKAZExXx

HVY Avenger Air MOC

As predicted, this is the air MOC.

43QF244.jpg

A new tiltrotor helicopter based off the V-22 Osprey and AW609 makes an appearance in The Doomsday Heist trailer. It is more than likely to be able to hold more than 2 players and have the ability to tilt forward the rotors so it can fly like a plane. It may also possibly opperate like the MOC due to it's large size and suitable interior.

ibkOKKj.jpg

Price: $3,450,000

Fully Upgraded Price: $4,787,500

Capacity: 5* (pilot, passenger and three gunners)

*Can carry as many players as possible inside the interior.

"So youre an aspiring criminal and you and your crew have been tasked with staving off an existential threat, but you need just the right vehicle. How about a vertical take-off, turreted, flying fortress/experimental weapons lab in the sky/death-spitting collateral damage producer that practically flies itself? The Avenger is all these things and more. Store it in your Facility, get it fitted out with a Vehicle Mod Shop, a Weapon Workshop, and a suite of ferocious weapon upgrades, and youll soon be wreaking a whole new level of havoc without ever having to land."

Warstock Modifications:

Interior: +$137,500

Gun Turret: +$200,000

Vehicle Workshop: +755,000

Weapon Workshop: +245,000

Vehicle Workshop Modifications:

Armor

Bombs (Explosive, Incendiary, Gas, Cluster)

Engine (EMS Upgrade, Level 1-4)

Handling

Respray (Primary and Secondary Color)

Crew Emblem

Primary Weapons

Edited by xXxKAMIKAZExXx

SHOKKERZ91

It looks so wonderful. I can´t wait to fly this thing.

Commche

I'm betting the guns are that orbital overhead shot we saw in the trailer. Like the MOC cannons except from the sky. Hell yes!

xXxKAMIKAZExXx

Same here. I love the fresh luxury look to it. I hope it handles way better than the Tula.

irish.chr

This is what I wished the Tula was.

Glad we finally got it.

whywontyoulisten

This is what I wished the Tula was.

Yeah I thought the Tula killed any hope we had of getting an Osprey, glad I was wrong.

xXxKAMIKAZExXx

I do like the Tula for all it's features and prototype apperance. This new helicopter is less of a jack-of-all-trades and modern so I'm excited to see how well it performs.

KingBen

I just hope we get a AI to fly the Osprey so we can use the guns and not have to fly at the same time.

A man can dream.

ash-274

Gotta say, this was the most interesting new vehicle in the trailer to me.

This would have to be designed with TARDIS technology for that interior to be inside that aircraft. Look at the size of the pilot flying in the top photo.

That interior shot must be of the new bomber or inside a prop Cargo Plane, similar to the interior of the wrecked one on the ocean floor.

xXxKAMIKAZExXx

Gotta say, this was the most interesting new vehicle in the trailer to me.

This would have to be designed with TARDIS technology for that interior to be inside that aircraft. Look at the size of the pilot flying in the top photo.

That interior shot must be of the new bomber or inside a prop Cargo Plane, similar to the interior of the wrecked one on the ocean floor.

The bomber is way too narrow for the interior and the plane doesn't have a door at the back. Although realistically the interior is way too big for this, just look at the MOC itself; the interior is incredibly inaccurate, being far too long, high and wide. It does have the layout of a truck trailer however, just like how this has the interior of a passenger aircraft. That's just an estimate though. We haven't seen anymore aircraft appear yet. Edited by xXxKAMIKAZExXx

RetroStyle

Very nice. I think ospreys are pretty cool. Hope its amphibious like the tula, but i doubt it tbh. Also I highly doubt its the MOC.

DarkFlame588

Steamy_breezy

I can't see it being any (more) diffrent then the Bombushka.

NIGHTHAWK0D2

I can't see it being any (more) diffrent then the Bombushka.

I hope that it would be a little more useful then the Bombushka, even tho I most likely won’t buy it

_47_

Putting bets on the osprey being the air MOC only usable in VTOL mode or somehow usable while flying. Should be interesting to find out imo.

FuturePastNow

I don't think it's an air MOC, I just don't think it's big enough. Or will be nearly tough enough. What I want from this is something that can move up to 8 people across the map quickly.

We thought the Bombushka would be an air MOC, and instead it's a paper bag with turrets.

Edited by FuturePastNow

Gridl0k

It's not the tardis, therefore it's not the MOC.

The Vulcan bomber has gun turrets hint hint.

xXxKAMIKAZExXx

It's not the tardis, therefore it's not the MOC.

The Vulcan bomber has gun turrets hint hint.

The MOC trailer isn't a tardis either, yet that somehow fits a much bigger interior inside. Also the Vulcan doesn't have a ramp on the back, since it's a bomber and not a transport aircraft.

IceDree

I'm so buying it .... Hope its not as expensive as the 'bushka cuz that would suck :(

AUScowboy

Will this be buoyant as well?

A.I.R

This is the only hely that i going to buy

Gridl0k

It's bihelisexual, I guess.

SideStunt

It definitely is the air MOC. As the truck MOC trailer from Gunrunning looked quite small on the pre-release pictures as well, and its interior turned out to be quite big.

The interior of the osprey seems to feature only a single gunner seat, which further proves that the interior shown in TDH trailer belongs to it.

Edited by SideStunt

Sam0511

I wish that you could walk around in the interior of the plane, unlike the bombushka. However, I dont think that it will have any special uses like the moc.

Smooth Longsack

I never heard good things about this plane while i was in the aviation community.

From wiki:

"The V-22 Osprey had 12 hull loss accidents that resulted in a total of 42 fatalities. During testing from 1991 to 2006 there were four crashes resulting in 30 fatalities. Since becoming operational in 2007, the V-22 has had seven crashes including two combat-zone crashes and several other accidents and incidents that resulted in twelve fatalities."

Edited by Smooth Longsack

Emu War

I never heard good things about this plane while i was in the aviation community.

From wiki:

"The V-22 Osprey had 12 hull loss accidents that resulted in a total of 42 fatalities. During testing from 1991 to 2006 there were four crashes resulting in 30 fatalities. Since becoming operational in 2007, the V-22 has had seven crashes including two combat-zone crashes and several other accidents and incidents that resulted in twelve fatalities."

Youre absolutely right about it being lethally flawed. Way too many Marines have been lost in those.

Hopefully they sort out the issues with the real one. Im incredibly excited about getting one in-game but I dont think Id much like being in a real one.

A.I.R

I remember that helicopter because it was on my island when hurricane Maria hit us.

It looks awesome

FuturePastNow

The Osprey is statistically no more dangerous than other helicopters. Less so than the ones it's designed to replace, which are very old and worn out.

However the USMC in its infinite wisdom decided that the prototypes being flight tested needed to be loaded up with full loads of marines, to make the testing more realistic or something, with predictable results.

IceDree

The Osprey is statistically no more dangerous than other helicopters. Less so than the ones it's designed to replace, which are very old and worn out.

Yep.

People said the same thing about the Blackhawk when it first came out, some even called it Crashawk lol. They are saying the same thing about the Osprey & they'll say the same thing about the next helicopter.

Emu War

However the USMC in its infinite wisdom decided that the prototypes being flight tested needed to be loaded up with full loads of marines, to make the testing more realistic or something, with predictable results.

Its been used for a much shorter period of time, of course thats true.

The testing shouldnt include Marine platoons, though. Puts too many people at unnecessary risk.