2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

ViceBoy69

Oh XBOX i love you

ViceBoy69

Just got my XBOX out of storage, my two sons where using my XBOX and PS2 anyway they have now moved on and are playing V (god help lol)

So i got my old CRT tv out and connected the old XBOX via scart and i had forgotten hoe good GTA3 looks on XBOX, it makes PC and PS2 look very dated.

So i guess its a play through on the XBOX for me followed by ViceCity which looks really nice as well.

Anybody else still using an XBOX?

Mr.Kurowski

I got an xbox 360 with the original xbox classic collection and they work great!!!!

Coops95

I've never owned an Original Xbox but played it regularly in Virgin and HMV shops back then, there was Splinter Cell Chaos Theory demo and Halo and it looked pretty damn good at the time.

Gravarty

Yeah, neo did a really good job at remastering GTA III for XBOX.. GTA VC on other hand looks rushed and unfinished.

Edited by Gravarty

ClaudeIzABadAzz

I still play on PS2 which to me looks the same as the Xbox version, however the PC version is superior to all due to the custom resolution. If you've never played on PC, play it because it will blow you out the water!

Inadequate

I still play on PS2 which to me looks the same as the Xbox version

Go, see a doctor and get a glasses.

On-topic: I remember that I had GTA3 and Vice City when I bought my OG Xbox back in 2005/2006. The rain drops in both games was stunning, Rockstar Vienna did a very good job with GTA3, not so much with Vice City though.

ViceBoy69

i agree if you think PS2 looks like XBOX you need glasses, XBOX version is far superior, its how the game should have looked, it doesnt even look that good on pc

gts.

I remember had the Xbox's GTA double pack back in 2007 or 2008, I can't remember. And of course, it was amazing. Real time vehicle reflections, rain particles on screen, skeletal models in GTA3 (instead of the "blocky" models from PS2), all those improvements was just crazy at the time at those two games were made. Anyway, I felt Vice City a little bit rushed/unfinished in the Xbox version but looked and still looking good.

Edited by gts.

eruul2012

I still play on PS2 which to me looks the same as the Xbox version, however the PC version is superior to all due to the custom resolution. If you've never played on PC, play it because it will blow you out the water!

Also, there's this mod.

ClaudeIzABadAzz

I thought the Xbox and PS2 version ran at the same resolution, used the same textures etc etc, so how is it possible that the Xbox version looks better?

Also this is off topic, but I remember playing the OG Xbox at my cousin's house, I played VC and for some reason the rims on many cars were different, like the Banshee and Infernus.

EDIT: Holy sh*t I take that back! I just watched some Xbox gameplay and I tell ya what, it does look a crap ton better, HOWEVER, it was released 2 YEARS after the PS2 version's release, so it's technically a remaster. Still, I think the PC version is the best.

Edited by ClaudeIzABadAzz

Dealux

PC version is still better if you use the Xbox Mod and other mods that improve graphics. I was working on improving my version of the PC game but I ran into some issues that caused crashing. I haven't managed to fix the issue as of yet but PC is clearly better with mods.

ClaudeIzABadAzz

PC version is still better if you use the Xbox Mod and other mods that improve graphics. I was working on improving my version of the PC game but I ran into some issues that caused crashing. I haven't managed to fix the issue as of yet but PC is clearly better with mods.

Agreed.

gts.

I thought the Xbox and PS2 version ran at the same resolution, used the same textures etc etc, so how is it possible that the Xbox version looks better?

Also this is off topic, but I remember playing the OG Xbox at my cousin's house, I played VC and for some reason the rims on many cars were different, like the Banshee and Infernus.

EDIT: Holy sh*t I take that back! I just watched some Xbox gameplay and I tell ya what, it does look a crap ton better, HOWEVER, it was released 2 YEARS after the PS2 version's release, so it's technically a remaster. Still, I think the PC version is the best.

The Xbox version for both games was developed by a different Rockstar studio and not by Rockstar North, it was Rockstar Vienna hence the fancy improvements. Anyway, as just said the PC version is better BUT just in some technical details (excluding modding, since is not a feature and is not supported officially by Rockstar) as custom resolution but is not the better version at all out there though.

Yinepi

PC does have the best user interface though. I mean, that red pause menue background is awful and really doesn't fit with the rest of the grey-blue vibe of the game.

Edited by Yinepi

George Costanza

going thru all the texturs for LCS PC improvements, i must say Vienna f*cked up some of the textures during remastering (yes remastering, because original textures in higher quality were either lost in R* hell, or simply were developed in LQ originally). f*cked as they look so weird.

gta-lcs_Screenshot_2017.12.28_-_16.50.36gta-lcs_Screenshot_2017.12.28_-_16.46.12

Top is original (PC, PS2, LCS etc.) and bottom are xbox textures. The blue floor texture now looks like carpet or something.

Some of the improvements are great, but sadly others looks out of place.

Edited by Tomasak

SpriteFan274

going thru all the texturs for LCS PC improvements, i must say Vienna f*cked up some of the textures during remastering (yes remastering, because original textures in higher quality were either lost in R* hell, or simply were developed in LQ originally). f*cked as they look so weird.

gta-lcs_Screenshot_2017.12.28_-_16.50.36gta-lcs_Screenshot_2017.12.28_-_16.46.12

Top is original (PC, PS2, LCS etc.) and bottom are xbox textures. The blue floor texture now looks like carpet or something.

Some of the improvements are great, but sadly others looks out of place.

And what does this have to do with the Xbox Version of III, or III alone?

George Costanza

, i must say Vienna f*cked up some of the textures during remastering

, i must say Vienna f*cked up some of the textures during remastering

ViceBoy69

What are you on about LCS was never on PC neither was VCS :blink:

George Costanza

i am about the some textures in III xbox. (i put comparison pics from LCS PC mod tho, but the problem i was talking about are the textures in pic)