Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,934 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Penguin Bob

Overrated/Underrated GTA'S

ViceBoy69

Thing is with IV we got a lot of complainers about the game and how V is better, but even Rockstar admitted that when making IV there was a lot of guess work because it was a new engine, they just tried things to see if it would work, so with this explanation i can deal with IV's flaws and i think its a great game, but if this is the case how come 5 years later when they should have got to grips with the engine and know what they are doing they bring out a travesty like GTA5 ?

To me GTA5 is what happens when you are just getting used to a new gaming engine not 5 years later when your supposed to understand the f*cking thing.

straightupmenace

Thing is with IV we got a lot of complainers about the game and how V is better, but even Rockstar admitted that when making IV there was a lot of guess work because it was a new engine, they just tried things to see if it would work, so with this explanation i can deal with IV's flaws and i think its a great game, but if this is the case how come 5 years later when they should have got to grips with the engine and know what they are doing they bring out a travesty like GTA5 ?

To me GTA5 is what happens when you are just getting used to a new gaming engine not 5 years later when your supposed to understand the f*cking thing.

gta 5 actually runs a lot better than iv ever did on consoles and pc, granted there are still issues but generally there is a huge leap from IV to V when it comes to the visuals and performance.

and at least gta v on the pc actually f*cking works properly without having to jump through a whole bunch of hoops and deal with 3 f*cking DRMs just to play the game i paid 21 dollars for

overrated: san andreas, the lost and damned on this forum (nowhere near being as good as IV or TBOGT IMO but i still had some fun with it)

underrated: the ballad of gay tony and chinatown wars. tbogt and chinatown wars are a lot of fun with tons of likeable characters and excellent dialogue in general

Algonquin Assassin

gta 5 actually runs a lot better than iv ever did on consoles and pc, granted there are still issues but generally there is a huge leap from IV to V when it comes to the visuals and performance.

and at least gta v on the pc actually f*cking works properly without having to jump through a whole bunch of hoops and deal with 3 f*cking DRMs just to play the game i paid 21 dollars for

I don't think he was talking about either game's performance. Of course GTA V should run better and have better visuals, but that doesn't excuse the watered down physics and mechanics within the game itself.

Edited by Algonquin Assassin

straightupmenace

I don't think he was talking about either game's performance. Of course GTA V should run better and have better visuals, but that doesn't excuse the watered down physics and mechanics within the game itself.

my apologies if i i misinteperted his post

anyways while i agree that the ragdoll physics are a step down from IV, i really don't mind the driving mechanics at all. i thought driving was smooth and fun in V, the bikes being the most notable improvement. as much as i didn't mind the car handling in IV i found the bike handling to be a total f*cking nightmare and i hated how easy it was to just slide all over the place or get knocked off the bike, so i just stuck to cars which works for me. chances are i probably suck ass at it so there's that too or whatever

and as for stuff like shooting and cover mechanics, i think these were improved on too. shooting is great in IV but it feels very fluid to me in V, and with the improved cover system i don't think i ever really found myself going the complete opposite way of where i wanted to go. for example in IV i'd go to take cover behind something but sometimes i could end up going against a wall and get gangraped by 40 angry russian mafia members with ak47s

Algonquin Assassin

my apologies if i i misinteperted his post

anyways while i agree that the ragdoll physics are a step down from IV, i really don't mind the driving mechanics at all. i thought driving was smooth and fun in V, the bikes being the most notable improvement. as much as i didn't mind the car handling in IV i found the bike handling to be a total f*cking nightmare and i hated how easy it was to just slide all over the place or get knocked off the bike, so i just stuck to cars which works for me. chances are i probably suck ass at it so there's that too or whatever

and as for stuff like shooting and cover mechanics, i think these were improved on too. shooting is great in IV but it feels very fluid to me in V, and with the improved cover system i don't think i ever really found myself going the complete opposite way of where i wanted to go. for example in IV i'd go to take cover behind something but sometimes i could end up going against a wall and get gangraped by 40 angry russian mafia members with ak47s

That's fair enough.

I agree the cover system is indeed improved, but then again things like the melee combat completely suck ass compared to GTA IV. That's the thing that kind of annoys me about GTA V. There are obviously areas where it improved, but other areas where it didn't.

Edited by Algonquin Assassin

Shakermaker

GTA IV is overrated.

GTA Vice City Stories is underrated.

Crossbones

Overrated- GTA SA

Underrated- GTA LCS

Yinepi
Posted (edited)

Under:

GTA - What GTA actually is without all the garbage and bloat plaguing the series these last 17 years.

London - Original and interesting take on hippie London.

GTA2 - OMG Rockstar had originality.

GTA3 - Clunky and dated, but a true 3D GTA.

CTW - Interesting game mechanics.

VCS - Vice City done right.

LCS - Like an improved GTA3.

Advance - It's so bad it's actually good.

Over:

VC - Only redeemable quality is '80s theme.

V - Shall I write a movie? It will have three scenes. All written and directed badly.

Online - It's like getting your testicles stomped on. It sounds kinky at first, but it's painful in the end.

SA - Not quite vinegar, more like sour lemons.

IV, EFLC - I'm all that ever was while also being all that never will be.

Edited by Yinepi

Jack Lupino

Overrated:

4,VC and SA

Underrated:

VCS,LCS and V

Neverrated:

GTA 1,2,3,CW and Advance.

Gian_Yagami

Overrated: San Andreas

Underrated: GTA2

As an ps2 2004 game, san andreas has bad graphic compared to Driv3r and the getaway: black monday. And about gta2, as top down games, that awesome. Good graphic and car damage. The minus point when compared to driver 2 is camera perspective

terrytheman947

Overrated: Vice City and that Tommy prick.

Underrated: III (bc Vice City overshadowed that game) and Chinatown Wars. Chinatown Wars reminded me why games like GTAIII was fun in the first place.

Edit: To the reviewer saying that GTAIV looks dull. It's supposed to look all gritty on purpose to match the dark theme amd environment.

Someone's got a pleasured hate boner for Tommy. Would you like to join Son of Zeus in on the fun? He'd like a hate boner partner with him. lol

Failure

Overrated : GTA V, GTA Online, GTA San Andreas

Underrated: GTA TLaD, GTA IV, GTA VCS

ArmyRaidFail404

Overrated: Vice City

This game really is absolutely nothing special. I mean, sure at the time it would have been an interesting take from the bland atmosphere of GTA 3, but now it just seems like a boner for the 80's. The soundtrack wasn't really that good; the only station worth listening to is Emotion 98.3, and you have not 1 but 2 talk radio shows. The story really fell off in the second act of the game because instead of having literally any goal you are tasked with buying everything. I honestly thought by the time I finished the Cuban and Haitian missions I was done with the story.

Also Ken Rosenburg's dialogue just sounds forced and unnatural.

Underrated: Chinatown Wars

The mechanics and mini games were really creative. It just added a sense of immersion and interactivity unmatched by other games. The story, while not particularly imaginative, was new and refreshing. My favourite was the drug dealing mechanic. It felt like you were an actual criminal making actual real criminal money, instead of being magically handed $1000 just for driving someone somewhere. Also the game allowed you to interact with gangs, which before Chinatown Wars I didn't even think to even look for them in IV.

Also it gets a platinum reward for map-poster girl. Still the best one :p

Gummy 

2018 and people still saying that IV is underrated...

Tycek
Posted (edited)

2018 and people still saying that IV is underrated...

Maybe because some people actually think so, after all?

Edited by Tycek

Ertan Soner

Overrated>sa, 5 and online
Underrated>vcs, cw and 4.

Edited by Ertan Soner

Cheatz/Trickz

GTA 5 is not overrated, nobody cares about it, it's all GTA Online. I'd bet about half of its current player base haven't even bothered with SP past the first few missions.

Danie122

Overrated V

Underrated IV

MARKUS.

Not actually the game but the voice actor, Danny Mastrogiorgio. I think it would be awesome if he voiced another GTA protagonist on a much important GTA title as IV or V

Edited by Markhosdangerous

Ohhh123r

Not actually the game but the voice actor, Danny Mastrogiorgio. I think it would be awesome if he voiced another GTA protagonist on a much important GTA title as IV or V

I think you're in the wrong thread. This tread is about Overrated/Underrated GTA games opinion.

Ertan Soner

GTA 5 is not overrated, nobody cares about it, it's all GTA Online. I'd bet about half of its current player base haven't even bothered with SP past the first few missions.

Sorry but no. Both are overrated.

MARKUS.

I think you're in the wrong thread. This tread is about Overrated/Underrated GTA games opinion.

I thought characters would be included in the discuss because Uhmmm... they are a main part of the game? :catspider:

Maybe it's because I am so sticked into the storyline

Edited by Markhosdangerous

Femme Fatale

Overrated: GTAO

Underrated: VCS

Sleepwalking

Overrated: GTA Vice City

Underrated: GTA TBOGT&TLAD (Considering financial failure)

B Dawg

TBOGT underrated? Not really. I'd say its kinda overrated as well.

DuduLima

Overrated: GTA V-Online. TOO many reasons, it is a hell of a success, yet too many complaints, lunatic players which think this game is the MASTERPIECE of this century, (from simple to complex) problems than the majority of players dosen't care, either by being ignorants, or by being the random kids which we know are the main reason to these problems continues...

Dosen't matter if is a record or a problem which appears, people treat GTA V-Online diferent than the others GTA's, i would say about SA, VC or even III but .... congrats people .... you made the V-Online looks worst and more annoying (in some aspects) than the all former overrated GTA's together.

Underrrated: GTA Chinatown Wars. Man this is a simple game made for simple consoles, yet they are fun and a bit interesting, those diferent minigames ranging from car stealing, opening a truck with guns, opening a car with a hidden stash of drugs etc... they were nice and looked unique for the standard GTA (they looked more amazing and insane if we consider how they worked with the touch screen system of the DS).

The other thing that caught my attention is the controversial drug dealing based on supply-demand, people can whine about the hey look, GTA shouldn't be here, this console is for kids and etc ... but for a GTA that was insane and a great way to make money. people complained about the over the top gameplay, but this made the game unique, a bit annoying sometimes but nothing to compromise and affect the gameplay.

To a less extent, one of the former DLC's from GTA IV: The Lost And Dammed. This game-DLC never got that attention like IV and TBOGT, only the specified groups that like the style of game, story etc... liked TLAD, for a GTA game, this game got a non-sense hate (probally because the TBOGT had more interesting vehicles, dancing minigame, etc...), yet the focus and how the Biker theme worked better than whole TBOGT, it was pretty much which made one of the most interestings GTA's for me, the plot, the protag aka Jonhny Klebitz, the range of avaliable bikes from sports to dam choppers, the air hockey and arm wrestilng minigames and even the biker gang war, it was a nice and interesting game.

Edited by DuduLima

SMACKED!

Am I allowed to have an opinion in this forum?

No.

Edited by SMACKED!

Hot Pursuit

No. That's plain ignorance

Anyway,

Overrated: GTA IV (Snore), EFLC, and Online

Underrated: LCS, VCS, CTW (I think SA and V are underrated in this forum)

Sleepwalking

I think, it is not related with multiplayer.

Most of the people who buy a GTA game actually do not bother more than 10-15 mission. They follow this route: Use cheats to get all good stuff, shoot people, chase with cops; try gimmicks of the game until get bored; then never touch the game again.

Edited by Sleepwalking

SMACKED!

No.
That's plain ignorance

Anyway,

Overrated: GTA IV (Snore), EFLC, and Online

Underrated: LCS, VCS, CTW (I think SA and V are underrated in this forum)

My bad.