2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

fw3

Best Bait Tactics in Luring Other Players To You?

ShadowlessDevil

Depends how I feel...If I'm in a bitchy mood (yes it does happen on rare occasions lol) I'll just go and kill a CEO or a MC president for no reason using my Molotok..

If that doesn't get their attention, I'll wait an see where their bunker, CEO office or club house is and mine the place...I killed a whole crew like that once..one of them put a 9000$ bounty on me... I sent a message to the player to say thank you and went in my bunker AFK until the bounty was over...I kept checking and they were all in front of my bunker waiting for me...I told them, See you later, Making dinner lol

gtafan26

Depends how I feel...If I'm in a bitchy mood (yes it does happen on rare occasions lol) I'll just go and kill a CEO or a MC president for no reason using my Molotok..

If that doesn't get their attention, I'll wait an see where their bunker, CEO office or club house is and mine the place...I killed a whole crew like that once..one of them put a 9000$ bounty on me... I sent a message to the player to say thank you and went in my bunker AFK until the bounty was over...I kept checking and they were all in front of my bunker waiting for me...I told them, See you later, Making dinner lol

I did that that the last time a player put a bounty on me, sent them a message saying thanks for the money, anyways,

You can ride out the bounty timer in the bunkers ?

Da Elite Ninjah

.one of them put a 9000$ bounty on me... I sent a message to the player to say thank you and went in my bunker AFK until the bounty was over...

in stead of playing the game you waited in your bunker for 48 minutes for a lousy 9k?

wow.

Talisman_83

.one of them put a 9000$ bounty on me... I sent a message to the player to say thank you and went in my bunker AFK until the bounty was over...

in stead of playing the game you waited in your bunker for 48 minutes for a lousy 9k?

wow.

It's the principle. You put a bounty on me? No problem, I'm gonna ensure that you don't get your revenge - and I pocket your money as an added insult.

Neo 2708

I set up central LSC with proxy mines on all entrances, block the door to LSC with a car that has an ignition bomb on it, then go sit on top on the LSC building so it looks like i'm inside. Mug, Merc or bounty the nearest players, sit back and wait. Usually ends in a killing fest when a few players turn up along with the police.

An alternative i do some times is to do the same with the proxy mines, then shoot my way into the LSC, plant stickies and wait.

Spawn in a stock hearse, put an ignition bomb on it and park at the church. Find a high advantage point and wait, once someone drives past (who hasn't got one), they get in and boom. Text a few LOLs and start sniping them.

Look for players flying back and to crates, what till the fly off with one and the drop a proxy on one of the other crates. They come back for it and then boom. Same for landing pads and warehouse blue circles, they land and boom.

Any of these gets me instant salty rage machines coming for me, instant passive mode and follow them around just to keep them salty. They spend more time keeping an eye on me making sure i dont come out of passive for a quick kill than what ever it was they were doing before i started on them. :)

Edited by Neo 2708

ciel

this has worked a few times in the past

ShadowlessDevil

wow.

I was cooking dinner...I do have a life besides GTAO you know :)

I did that that the last time a player put a bounty on me, sent them a message saying thanks for the money, anyways,

You can ride out the bounty timer in the bunkers ?

I rubberband the controller while staying my vehicle

fw3

this has worked a few times in the past

I can attest that this, indeed, never ever gets old. LOL!!

redamed9292

that event in old gen i believe when a green car appears and it tells you that simeon needs this car. i went to the car.placed a sticky inside.left it.some dude a minute later goes there thinking that it's all gonna be good.blew it up.

PwnageSoldier

Unnecessary necrobump (kek)

Anyway.

Best way to piss people off is get on your broomstick (Oppressor) and shoot magic (missiles) at everything you see. I've literally had someone go "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" in game chat yesterday from it xD

Another good thing to do is buzz people repeatedly while their in their safehouses. Buzz, press circle, buzz, over and over. I've had someone rage so hard they got me kicked out of a lobby lol

FukNRekd

Get in Akula, fly to ceiling, come out of stealth over deluxo. Hang for a few then back to stealth.

Do this several times and they often go passive or just leave. A few will come up after you but it will take forever to get that high.

Works especially well on high level tryhards.

Sanches

Im 18 y/o gamer grill, come to me and i'll show u bobs.

Blasterman4EVER

Y'all doing too much. Just stand in a store or get a haircut. Literally. Just stand/sit there... The bottom-feeders, the lowest common denominators will come for you without fail. Hell, you can literally sit in one spot on the map for a bit, and they'll come.

In summary, just pretend to be AFK. Works almost every time. Just make sure you don't move your character. You can move the camera.

Nutduster
Posted (edited)

I mostly do this without thinking about it or trying to. But basically, find a moderately high level (120+) with a k/d between 1.0 and 2.0 (they try, but they aren't that great). Kill them. Stay in the area, wait for them to try to get revenge, and kill them again. Now go off-radar and kill them a couple more times, then drive away - and call Lamar on them as you're leaving. Seems like better than half the time, you will have earned a stalker for the rest of your time in that session.

Also, blowing up somebody's product for any business is like 90% likely to make them want revenge, unless they are a low level (they will probably just take their lumps and quit). And the more they try to get revenge but fail, the harder they will keep trying and trying and trying.

I had a guy start some sh*t with me today, and I ended up killing him a few times, then destroying his CEO's bunker supplies. After that, both of them (and later a third friend) tried desperately for over 90 minutes to get back at me. Half the time I was just trying to end it but they refused to let it go. The best part was when I followed them to Ft. Zancudo and jumped the fence in a Stromberg, then just drove around with the army chasing me, waiting on them to get in a jet so I could blow it up as it took off. That was a good 15 minutes of comedy until a tank blew me up. After that terrorizing was over, I couldn't have paid these guys to leave me alone.

Edited by Nutduster

Cutter De Blanc

Send multiple strike teams, and then leave the Facility

Nobody likes me except my mercenaries

LunaticPandora

Get a friend. Load up Fortified. Watch all the jets/helis/deluxos make a beeline for you as they try to take you down and you just keep plugging them with bullets. Even better if you hide in a tunnel and they STILL come after you in a flight based vehicle making them twice as easy to kill.

HARBUJAHN
Posted (edited)

Go into the train tunnels in a kh-02 tank off radar, bounty them followed by a message ''you will do nothing pussy boy but cry'' place mines behind you leaving them one way in

Eventually if they're stupid enough they will come :). Orbital cannot get you and neither can under the map deluxos.

You must be in a tube tunnel or bye bye they will do something lol, placing mines behind you will blow them up should they ''break though''

Edited by HARBUJAHN

Big Molio

Stand still with the Dead Drop or Hot Property package and watch them come. I like taking the Thruster right up to the ceiling of the map, then watch them sniff around on the ground looking for me. Then when it dawns on them that I’m up above, they waste all the time coming up in their helis just in time for me to step off the Thruster and dive back down to earth again ha ha

fw3

Stand still with the Dead Drop or Hot Property package and watch them come. I like taking the Thruster right up to the ceiling of the map, then watch them sniff around on the ground looking for me. Then when it dawns on them that I’m up above, they waste all the time coming up in their helis just in time for me to step off the Thruster and dive back down to earth again ha ha

This is a great tactic! A valuable use for the Thruster!

I'll have to try it, but wondering... can you fly the Thruster straight up in the air without veering off?

I'd love to lay a circle of Proximity Mines on the ground and then fly upwards, waiting for players to come "sniffing" as you said! lol!

I also wonder, does the player blip change when using the Thruster? I've never noticed... hmm?

Nutduster

The Thruster has a unique icon. But it wouldn't show if you had the Hot Property briefcase.

FuturePastNow

One of my friends announced that he was going to give money to people who got in his van. And several people did indeed get in the van with him. Several more followed in cars.

He drove them to the Altruist compound.

TankGirl
Posted (edited)

Me and my friend dressed our characters up like hookers and walked down the streets waiting for guys to come pick us up. We took turns putting sticky bombs on each others backs. When one of us got into the car the other would set it off. We also like to set bounties on each other and hide out in Franklins house. It is so funny seeing people trying to figure out how to get in. If they know how to get in they will be met by a bunch of sticky bombs when they drop down.

Edited by TankGirl

Anasterian

Usually I bait other players by existing in freeroam - if I want to bait them particularly hard, I exist in freeroam outside of passive mode. That usually guarantees someone will come by and try to kill me.

GoodTimesAhead

Send em some "y0 mama jokes"... they come see you.

The Wandering Hunter

jet grief them

fly away

wait

Retroview1955
Posted (edited)

jet grief them

fly away

wait

Good luck. I never let jets kill me. Yes, I'll continuously EWO until you screw off. The reason behind that is there are too many kill then go passive p*ssyplayers. I've never played a game where so many people play like they are scared. Why mess with someone if you scared they're gonna wreck you? That's why so many of us just 1v1 on the beach. This is a chance to play competitive with someone who wants to play GTAO, instead of a little kid who blows you up with a tank then goes passive when you hop on an Oppressor and pursue them. Why is there a thread ridiculing people that play 1v1 beach or base? Join in! There many so called tryhards if asked too that will play you legit in a skill match no EWOing on the beach. Many people are just too scared.

"Baiting" is not a legit thing in GTA Online, because most of us are well prepared for baiters and when their attempts fail, which they usually do they go passive or leave. It must be really fun going from lobby to lobby just to find a couple people who will fall for trolling. I guess thats why they call us tryhards because we are well prepared for trolling and use skill based tactics, not just lock-on or spray and pray. I love it when I shoot a jet with the heavy sniper until it starts smoking and EWO so he can't get me then they go passive and the process repeats.

Edited by Retroview1955

JustCallMeNiko

Play crappy music and/or talk non stop on your mic..I don't do it myself since it's so annoying...

secrecy274

Haulage usually draws in most Deluxo and Oppressor griefers, and since a lot of them don't know the trailer is invulnerable, the waste all their missiles while I happily drive to the drop-off. Have been called hacker a few times because of this.