Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,242 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

fw3

Best Bait Tactics in Luring Other Players To You?

UKPortista

Keep stealing cars until I get a bounty and then start Fully Loaded.

knightsgarage

Call in a tank, and immediately before getting in start the "Executive Search" VIP mission, then drive into the area. You and your tank are now off radar within that area for the duration, no stars. It's pretty fun, but honestly you don't even need the tank, easy enough with standard weapons. Try not to kill them until they're around the middle of the area so they keep spawning in your trap. :)

Biggest mistake is start executive work and sit in some vehicle. I fly always search area with my buzzard-savage and get auto-lock, if they sit any vehicle. Fire rockets and game over mission.

Smooth Longsack

My seabreeze brings all the boys to the yard.

Bongsquirrel

Just stay still pretend to be afk and they will come to you

fw3

Play as a female character. 8/10 you'll have someone offering you Zentorno rides.

Play music in your mic. Shaggy "It Wasn't Me" on repeat is a good choice. Sing along only to "It wasn't me" part.

Keep your mic on and have a conversation with someone in the room you're in. Or just mutter things to yourself. Coughing optional.

Start narrating everything you do. Try your best to do a Morgan Freeman impersonation. Making buying snacks the most fascinating thing possible.

Funny, when I had the Kinect, I used to turn it on just to drive the ragers crazy.

Then I'd go online to a Baby Crying soundboard and just click the cries, which would be picked up by the Kinect, and send the lobby into a frenzy.

"Who's got their kid in here?" "Pay attention to you baby, dude!" "What kind of parent are you - stop playing and deal with your kid!!"

I'd just say things like, "she's fine, she's just hungry!" and tap a cry. Or, "mind your business, I'm getting a tattoo!" and tap a cry. LOL!!!

Here's the board I used to use. Haven't done this in a while.

http://www.realmofdarkness.net/sb/baby/

Quadro

Play as a female character. 8/10 you'll have someone offering you Zentorno rides.

Play music in your mic. Shaggy "It Wasn't Me" on repeat is a good choice. Sing along only to "It wasn't me" part.

Keep your mic on and have a conversation with someone in the room you're in. Or just mutter things to yourself. Coughing optional.

Start narrating everything you do. Try your best to do a Morgan Freeman impersonation. Making buying snacks the most fascinating thing possible.

Funny, when I had the Kinect, I used to turn it on just to drive the ragers crazy.

Then I'd go online to a Baby Crying soundboard and just click the cries, which would be picked up by the Kinect, and send the lobby into a frenzy.

"Who's got their kid in here?" "Pay attention to you baby, dude!" "What kind of parent are you - stop playing and deal with your kid!!"

I'd just say things like, "she's fine, she's just hungry!" and tap a cry. Or, "mind your business, I'm getting a tattoo!" and tap a cry. LOL!!!

Here's the board I used to use. Haven't done this in a while.

http://www.realmofdarkness.net/sb/baby/

Holy f*cking hell I'm stealing that one.

NuclearKnight00

Call in a tank, and immediately before getting in start the "Executive Search" VIP mission, then drive into the area. You and your tank are now off radar within that area for the duration, no stars. It's pretty fun, but honestly you don't even need the tank, easy enough with standard weapons. Try not to kill them until they're around the middle of the area so they keep spawning in your trap. :)

Biggest mistake is start executive work and sit in some vehicle. I fly always search area with my buzzard-savage and get auto-lock, if they sit any vehicle. Fire rockets and game over mission.

Lmao the amount of times I've won that vip for that very reason is ridiculous.

PaeganLoveSong

When people play lousy, talentless, repetitive, autotuned and generally annoying "money-n-bitches"-style rap over their mic, do the same thing to them but with the harshest and most distorted black metal instead. Pick a place, get ready, and start sending some souls to the virtual hell. I usually keep it simple. A few stickys here and there and some large guns.

I'd go looking for you, but only to tell you that you look stupid in your sister's makeup.

ProKiller93

get a van with "free candy" written on it

GenericGTAO

Start a public lobby business job/supply/sale...that seems to be the best way to attract players. Stand motionless in a highly populated area.

Edited by GenericGTAO

Watain

When people play lousy, talentless, repetitive, autotuned and generally annoying "money-n-bitches"-style rap over their mic, do the same thing to them but with the harshest and most distorted black metal instead. Pick a place, get ready, and start sending some souls to the virtual hell. I usually keep it simple. A few stickys here and there and some large guns.

I'd go looking for you, but only to tell you that you look stupid in your sister's makeup.

I don't have a sister. Only the blood of my fallen victims.

TankGirl

I like to pretend I am afk and then I killed whoever comes up to me with a gun out.Its also fun when I get a bounty to hop into a tank and park in a parking garage, no one is expecting a tank lol.

flexcreator

Parking the vehicle under a cover usually helps. The Paleto Bay area has a tunnel under the road.

Doing Fortified in the middle of the city ALWAYS attract players.

They walk around the marker, kill each other and get blown by the NPC buzzards.

8cb3d494288b6dd0985e15fbea1b4e3f.jpg

855613dbb4b77d7790c1c5fbe47af8c7.jpg

58fa6589aff76b0ad3f17a86470112a8.jpg

Yet very few players bother to check the underground.

934f7c6757e7786e512efd3615070f5b.png

ash-274

This didn't get players to come to me, but it did let get a lot of cheap kills for Achievements:

On old-gen: Own the CE version of the game and show up at a group of players in a chrome Hotknife. If they shoot at you while you're approaching, bail out of the car and run away. They will see an unusual vehicle and decide to steal it.. and discover the ignition bomb you added to it. I once got 4 kills with that one

SoDank_ItPainsMe

On PC simply saying that you will drop money.

I enjoy sometimes to respond to money beggars by saying just stand stlll and I will teleport to you and drop cash, they do so and after a quick phone call to Lamar I will arrive at high speed in a vehicle to run them and the mugger over and take the cash.

SHOKKERZ91

Parking the vehicle under a cover usually helps. The Paleto Bay area has a tunnel under the road.

Doing Fortified in the middle of the city ALWAYS attract players.

They walk around the marker, kill each other and get blown by the NPC buzzards.

8cb3d494288b6dd0985e15fbea1b4e3f.jpg

855613dbb4b77d7790c1c5fbe47af8c7.jpg

58fa6589aff76b0ad3f17a86470112a8.jpg

Yet very few players bother to check the underground.

934f7c6757e7786e512efd3615070f5b.png

I remember this, you lured guys there, into my viewpoint from the construction site. That was a very relaxing thermal-sniping session. :D

daricusGTA

That only gets you if you have bad radar awareness or disregard someone going off radar. In these cases you get out of the tank (or whatever vehicle if you choose to go that route) and kill the aircraft, then continue on your merry way. I assume anyone trying this can deal with an aircraft from the ground, it's easier than it's ever been.

ride_the_spiral

Get in a wallbreach and send them a message calling their mum a c*nt

CarcerCityMadMan

That dont work anymore.You'll get therm scoped faster than you can write the txt lmao

fw3

Funny, I just did this last night (well, I didn't call their mum bad names, tho).

I had a whole crew firing at me with everything and just laughed, sending taunting messages and muggers and mercs.

Best fun I've had in a while, to be honest! :)

seven50iL

Kill them. Or start Picracy Prevention and stay still; as a result, they will think you're away until you go ghost and merk em!

gtafan26

Funny, I just did this last night (well, I didn't call their mum bad names, tho).

I had a whole crew firing at me with everything and just laughed, sending taunting messages and muggers and mercs.

Best fun I've had in a while, to be honest! :)

All it takes is one player using thermal and explosive ammo, and they are the ones laughing

TEjhSjD.gif

Edited by gtafan26

Cackling Jack

I used to start up Air freight so no one could start up CEO/MC work In the same session for 20 minutes or so. No cops either but Rockstar patched it after gun running.

Edited by Cackling Jack

Xiled

I have a good tactic for losing anyone trying to chase you. Simply keep driving around the same block over and over again, and like a wild animal they will get bored eventually and give up. lol

Edited by Xiled

Jayashantha

saved for future :D

Cutter De Blanc

Oh god, I want other players to stay as far away from me as possible

flexcreator

I used to start up Air freight so no one could start up CEO/MC work In the same session for 20 minutes or so. No cops either but Rockstar patched it after gun running.

I believe, you still have no cops with Fortified even after the latest patch.

VDTor

SightSeer usually baits people to me, especially those who wants money.

It once got to the point 2 Organizations with 2 people each were going after me and getting sniped through a mountain, and a player trying to be a tryhard with a Grenade Launcher and Buzzard, but gets sniped out of it twice. Not extreme but it's stupid that a lot of people are after me for a small amount of pocket change.

PNutterSammich

I do exec search and hide in the subway with sticky bombs around the entrance corners. Takes 7 min for them to figure it out then I kill em with a sticky when they do.

Noobs

AmyStone

Now and again I like fishing. That's what I call it anyway. Just wait on the side of the street pretending to be afk. It doesn't usually take long for some chancer to come along and end up with a bullet in the brain.