2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Hold on a second... what about the Skylift?

Prenihility

I could have SWORN i read somewhere that the Skylift which was exclusive to a very brief moment in singleplayer would be available in GTAO in Smuggler's Run. From what i'm seeing, we're just missing one vehicle, the Hunter. Which will most likely be released next Tuesday. Anyone have any info on this? I see no reason in skipping this PERFECT opportunity to make the Skylift available in GTAO with Smuggler's Run.

• Like 2

Have you flown a Skylift?

It's available as one of the potential Smuggling sales-run vehicles and it is dreadfully slow. Slow as the Tug, almost.

Arrows to Athens

Have you flown a Skylift?

It's available as one of the potential Smuggling sales-run vehicles and it is dreadfully slow. Slow as the Tug, almost.

Still looks unique... and odd.

I see no harm in having it available. More people potentially buying Shark Cards for Rockstar.

There's no way it's as slow as the Bombushka. That thing is unrealistically slow. Like... it's stupid. I think it's a bit faster than a bicycle. I really do.

Edited by Prenihility

Is it finished? I played around with the cargo plane and it's clear AFAIK that it isn't complete eg interiors.

Edited by StormerBoy

Is it finished? I played around with the cargo plane and it's clear AFAIK that it isn't complete eg interiors.

This is the issue

Honestly though, for a company so hell-bent on milking the cash card cow, it does amaze me how they fail to realise opportunity...

20 spaces in the hangar only allows the purchase of one of every Smuggler's Run aircraft when many people want more and the lack of a purchasable Skylift and Buzzard - regardless of whether they're worthless, useful or not.

Edited by Gaffa™

Hazzardtohimself

It would have made sense to release the Skylift as an alternative to the Cargobob if its statistics were a little higher.

Make it faster, especially with ascent / descent to counter the 'Bob's more lacklustre performance, but have the latter as the bullet-resistant option.

The 'Bob has a wibbly-wobbly hook that sometimes fails but allows the cargo to rotate, so give the Skylift a solid magnetic attachment that can lift most things but can't maneuverer the crate / vehicle.

R* could have made a few fish-card sales with the inclusion, but it's their loss (and another 'should have been in the game' to add to the list)

• Like 2

Make it faster, especially with ascent / descent to counter the 'Bob's more lacklustre performance, but have the latter as the bullet-resistant option.

I assume they are using the very same asset that you see in singleplayer. If they make any changes, it would potentially mess up the campaign. So the only option for them is to release it as a separate vehicle (and actually implement these changes).

From the marketing perspective it's not worth the effort, since most players will treat the updated version as an old vehicle (even if it's technically not true). The completely new aircraft will be sold better.

R* are allergic to magnets. They won't let us play with them.

This has been in 2 games and we weren't able to fly it in either, and the Magnet Cargobob is still heist NPC exclusive.

It's slow and useless, but still looks cool.
(Comming from a guy who bought Tug)

This has been in 2 games and we weren't able to fly it in either, and the Magnet Cargobob is still heist NPC exclusive.

So is there technically more than two cargobobs in the game?

So is there technically more than two cargobobs in the game?There are technically four heavy-lift helicopters. Two of them are (ownable) twin-rotor Cargobobs with hooks, one is the Fleeca Heist-only magnet-equipped Cargobob, and the other is the Skylift.

There's actually four Cargobob vehicles in the game. Why they didn't make these three as livery options I don't know...

The Fleeca magnet is scripted - it's not possible to fly a Cargobob with the magnet on just by spawning one of the four below into the game.

cargobob = 0xFCFCB68B, 4244420235, -50547061

cargobob2 = 0x60A7EA10, 1621617168, 1621617168 (Medical Cargobob)
cargobob3 = 0x53174EEF, 1394036463, 1394036463 (Trevor's Cargobob)
cargobob4 = 0x78BC1A3C, 2025593404, 2025593404 (New rear interior, closed passenger doors - Executives & Other Criminals Update)

So if the one is free roam now is 'cargobob4', that must mean the one I glitch-bought (back in 2013) was replaced in 2016 with number 4?

I tried buying it and it said I already own it.

Cargobob4 is the one used in adversary modes. You spawn in it during Drop zone and it is maybe used in another of which I forgot the name. You can own 1 and 2. The one you can buy is the same one as the glitched one

I dont remember 3 from SP, when was that in the storyline?

• Like 2

xXxKAMIKAZExXx

For those saying it's slow, that only the case during sell missions, as for other aircraft. The helicopter is way faster outside of the mission. There should still be an option to buy it for those players who want it.

I have no objections to them bringing it out, even though I don't care about it. But it may ease your mind if you understand why it isn't here. It's for the same reason that we couldn't customise pegasus vehicles until recently. ie having everything ownable and customiseable takes away from the magic. It's not that they don't want you to own the skylight, it's that it just happens to be one of the things that you can't own.

having everything ownable and customiseable takes away from the magic.

If that's actually how they think, then that's ridiculous.

If it's in the game, we should be able to use it. End of story.

I hate mission exclusive items. In any game.

• Like 2

For those saying it's slow, that only the case during sell missions, as for other aircraft. The helicopter is way faster outside of the mission. There should still be an option to buy it for those players who want it.

Well how much faster is it?

On PC in single player - where there aren't any extra scripts running or limitations - the thing only gets up to around 90mph. It is gaining altitude constantly though so it can be pushed up to around 100, but it's still not any faster than a Cargobob and still can't outrun police helicopters.

Well free roam isn't the same since we started painting our hydras. A line needs to be drawn somewhere.

Well free roam isn't the same since we started painting our hydras. A line needs to be drawn somewhere.

What!? How is a painted Hydra any different to a normal one? What are you talking about?

What!? How is a painted Hydra any different to a normal one? What are you talking about?It's hard to explain. Ask why we couldn't do it to begin with? Why can't we store police vehicles? It's all the same thing. There have to be limites or else it isn't fun, right?

What!? How is a painted Hydra any different to a normal one? What are you talking about?It's hard to explain. Ask why we couldn't do it to begin with? Why can't we store police vehicles? It's all the same thing. There have to be limites or else it isn't fun, right?

We couldn't before because there was no mod shop for them, and we couldn't buy hangers.

Limits do not make games fun. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. The game would be way more fun if you could store and customize every vehicle.

Black-Dragon96

What?

How does keeping cool vehicles away from the playere make the game fun?