Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums! (92,349 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

prettydamnbored

What if GTA V & San Andreas switched?

prettydamnbored

What if GTA V & San Andreas switched? Let's say that GTA V was released in 2004 and GTA: SA was released in 2013. The gameplay and story is still the same but the only thing that has changed is that GTA V now has SA's graphics and vice versa.

Would some of those people think that GTA V was more legendary than San Andreas and that San Andreas will never be able to top GTA V?

This just popped up in my mind while watching a few GTA V and San Andreas comparison videos so I wanna hear your thoughts on this.

Light Syde Riandy

Then the series would have been going progressively better and that's a good thing.

Algonquin Assassin

Seeing as I'm not exactly head over heels for either game, but for me at least San Andreas having better graphics wouldn't do anything to change my mind on it.

DOUGL4S1

I think the series would suffer the Need For Speed effect: people would be confused about the series' many changes in a short time: From the insanely arcade physics of Vice City to the 'Realism' of V (Not actual realism, just compared to Vice it is), then there are the arcade Stories, and then the Realism of IV/EFLC, and finally the Arcade of San Andreas. This could make fans very confused.

Also, this would mean GTA:Online in 2004. Sure, there were Multiplayer titles in 2004, but GTA:O would be too ambitious for the time, specially for consoles like the PS2 that didn't need to be plugged to Internet, it would make it very hard to download updates. Also, this would mean 'Shark Cards yo!' in 2004, which, if it was at least slightly successful, could change the way the series is. Maybe GTA IV's multiplayer would also be made around Shark Cards, and maybe even San Andreas would get the same threatment.

As for the people who disrespect a game or another without actually playing it, they are afraid. They are afraid of new experiences. "What if that new experience is better than the thing I've been cheering and fighting for my entire life? What if my enemy is correct, and I'm not? I don't want to be incorrect. I'm a human, I want to win." This causes biases and people fighting eachother without actually understanding the other's point of view, in a way

ViceBoy69

Then there are people who still blast you for not liking a game even though you are a die hard gta fan and have every game and have played them all and have arigh to comment. You just cant win on here sometimes.

As an answer to the question i cant really say because im not a fan of SA or V even though ive played both and own them, dont get me wrong SA when it came out blew me away it looked good still does, but V has never pushed my buttons i will have a play with it sometimes but it just doesnt hold my attention.

Cheatz/Trickz

V would probably have been good and ahead of its time in this case, kinda like SA was. Also, underdeveloped features like stats and properties would've been more forgivable in 2004. Story would still be a crock of sh*t however.

Edited by Cheatz_N_Trickz

ViceBoy69

crock of sh*t LMAO that about sums it up :)

Rented

San Andreas already tops GTA V, by a mile

Algonquin Assassin

V would probably have been good and ahead of its time in this case, kinda like SA was. Also, underdeveloped features like stats and properties would've been more forgivable in 2004. Story would still be a crock of sh*t however.

In GTA V's defense if it was released in 2004 in its current state without the current visuals the protagonist switching, wildlife, far more in depth customisation etc would've been pretty amazing on the PS2.