1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Flachbau

GTAForums Weekly Issue 35

Flachbau
zIp2SLH.png

Week of November 5th - November 11th

Welcome to the thirty-fifth issue of the GTAForums Weekly newsletter!

wE5k9l6.png

Sadly, there's not much to report on this week, it's been a bit quiet in terms of any news.

GTAForums currently has a total of 15,127,675 posts (+9,223 from last week) and 718,453 members (+343 from last week) at the time this is being posted.

H93Hfjb.png

NEWS

GTA ONLINE

GRAND THEFT AUTO SERIES

GTA IV

GENERAL CHAT

tjBbZMp.png

Welcome to the thirty-fifth week of Rockstar Central! I’m your host, Spider-Vice, and we’ll be highlighting this week’s happenings in the Rockstar Universe.

L.A. Noire

First, let’s start out with some very Rockstar-like news. L.A. Noire for the HTC Vive has been delayed to December, without a specific date, according to Take-Two. However, L.A. Noire for Nintendo Switch, Xbox One (and X) and PS4 (and Pro) is releasing on November 14, and this week, Rockstar has released a brand-new trailer for it!

The new trailer showcases the potential of the title on the Nintendo Switch, which will run at 720p in portable mode and 1080p in docked mode. The trailer also showcases the change of the Truth/Doubt/Lie options to Good Cop/Bad Cop/Accuse, which sounds a bit... weird, considering the L.A. Noire beta options made much more sense (Coax, Force and Lie). But that’s just me. Along with a new trailer, Rockstar has released some screenshots of the VR and Switch versions, and let me tell you, those versions are looking quite damn good, especially the VR version! A teaser for the VR version

As we near release, we start to get some more details about the game itself, including some gameplay leaks from those lucky, lucky people who may have some friends at game stores or at Sony or Microsoft I guess... We have also gotten some hands-on previews from gaming publications, and here’s a bit of a summary from them, along with data gathered from screenshots:

The seven cases in the VR version are, according to ’s observation at GTAForums:

- Armed and Dangerous (Patrol)

- Upon Reflection (Patrol)

- Buyer Beware (Patrol)

- The Consul’s Car (Traffic)

- The Silk Stocking Murder (Homicide)

- Reefer Madness (Vice)

- A Different Kind of War (Arson)

The folks at ResetEra (thanks @Efreet for the heads up) have also made a summary from GameInformer’s Switch impressions, and you can read it in full in the link. Here’s a summary of the summary (ha!):

- Runs 1080p docked and 720p in portable mode

- Truth/Doubt/Lie changed to Good Cop/Bad Cop/Accuse, and those options will appear in large noirish font next to the suspect

- Can be played with a Pro controller

- You can use the touchscreen in both docked and handheld modes, and you will be able to interact with the crime scene and clues, tapping on items to pick them up or lead Cole to them, or even move items around when you need to inspect something.

- Detaching the Joy-Con will make using motion controls to aim the camera possible, along with brawling with it by making fighting movements!

- New unlockable outfits and cinematic camera angles.

As mentioned before, gameplay videos have started to surface, and as of today (November 12), preloads at least on the PlayStation Network have been unlocked. The first video of the PS4 Pro version has surfaced, here it is:

The game should fully unlock on November 14.

GTA Online

No more candy this week. Now Thanksgiving is approaching, and it’s time to recoup from all the Halloween eating efforts still. No more scary spooky things as Rockstar have now taken away all the 2x bonuses on Halloween game modes and content.

This week, Rockstar has released a new airplane, the P-45 Nokota. A sleek, slim but quick plane, it’s a precise dogfighter, straight from the glory days of the war. You can find it for sale now at Warstock Cache & Carry.

A new Adversary Mode has also been revealed - Dogfight! In Dogfight, the only thing standing between you and victory is, well... not only the oxygen mask, but your competence at what you’re doing. You better be good at this if you want to win the war. Dogfight has an easy concept – send your opponents spiralling down to the ground in a series of 1v1 dogfights. This mode has Double GTA$ and RP until the 13th of November.

As always, Rockstar are introducing some new discounts, so you can more easily afford all your necessities in the world of GTA Online. Take advantage of 25% off (until the 13th):

- Executive Office, Garage and Autoshop renovations

- Body Armour

- Ammo

- The Pegassi Torero

- The Dune FAV (Both Buy Now and Trade Prices)

- Vehicle Liveries

- Bulletproof Tyres

- Vehicle Armour

- All Smuggler’s Run tattoos

Those who prefer racing, the Premium Race and Time Trial this week are as follows:

- Premium Race: “Vinewood Downhill” stunt race, locked to bikes

- Time Trial: “Great Ocean Highway”

nQeR6he.png

lYAOkx9.png

vvLkF4Y.png

RqLyzE1.png

HVYNK2B.png

wB1z9mx.png

GSFMEMI.png

ulVlsr6.png

xqYXJxt.png

xCfop2R.png

hGsUTNy.png

93lGVe3.png

eX1ebEt.png

Rl9T2Za.png

For this week's issue, we've interviewed the iconic 80s Italian exotic and host of Track of the Week, @Testarossa

Android: As a member for almost four years, can you tell us what brought you to the forum initially?

Testarossa: Four years already? Time flies. Well, I can’t exactly recall what brought me to the forum, must have been the GTAO hype which was still booming in early 2014, that and my interest in Online when I first started playing around the same time.

What's the history / context regarding your username?

It’s pretty simple, back in 2014-2015 I was pretty much obsessed with 80s culture as well as the new outrun/synthwave genre, one of my favorite artists from the genre was none other than Kavinsky, one of the pioneers of the genre if you will. His character drives a Ferrari Testarossa and that was pretty much it, I realized the name was somehow not taken so I decided to grab it myself. Oh yeah, it currently sits as one of my dream cars for sure.

What would you like to change the most regarding GTAF?

Not that much really, I’m pretty much fine with how it is right now. Perhaps a new dash of paint would be nice (cough IPB4 cough) as it would give the forum a refreshed look.

I do wish for a bit more of mod support on certain issues, since they seem to get ignored each time.

What's your favorite thing about the forum currently?

Probably the variety between communities, each has got their own business and internal rules inside them, their own respected members, etc. It’s really cool diving into their business and see what’s going on, as well as comparing them with other communities.

Which forum member(s) do you feel closest to?

Most definitely my friends at Facade, since most of them are the ones who I’ve been sticking them since years ago. It’s always a blast to be sh*tposting- errr... chatting on Discord with them. Apart from that I do love the people from TC as well, even though I haven’t really been active there for quite a while.

For your Track of the Week segment, how do you end up choosing each track? Is it more than just personal taste?

Well, it is mostly personal taste as you could probably tell by my 3 or so repostings of Porter Robinson, but it depends on what I listen throughout the week as well. That is, I don’t really listen to much new music unless I’m anticipating a new release by an artist, or if somehow a track ends up catching my attention.

Since you have a great interest in music, what soundtrack do you think is the best out of any Rockstar title? How about other titles as well?

Vice City, no doubt. The only game where you could run people over while listening to “Japanese Boy” while wearing the Jock outfit, sounds like a pretty good deal.

As for other titles, I guess Forza Horizon 1’s soundtrack was also pretty good. The blend of the trendy EDM hits from Skrillex and Avicii and adrenaline filled rock tracks like The Black Keys’ “Lonely Boy” added more to the already fantastic festival atmosphere the game has.

What do you think about the radio stations in the GTA titles? How do you think that R* could improve their selection with future games?

They’re a hit and miss these days, while I do agree that the selection of tracks fits the radio station feel, they’ve done some interesting choices here and there. For instance, Worldwide FM has around 3 or 4 rap tracks (which I don't really have an issue because they're pretty good) where they could've easily been placed on Radio Los Santos.

So pretty much I’d watch out for the song placement on the stations, and in the case of the radio DJ being a musician, I’d let them have more choice regarding the music they play. Soulwax FM is a great example because most of the music had been played in DJ sets by them prior to the release of GTA V.

What's your favorite Rockstar Games series or title?

If you go under my profile and see the “Favorite GTA Game” section, you’ll find that it’s unsurprisingly Vice City. I think Rockstar succeeded incredibly well in capturing the feeling of an 80s Miami while relying on pop culture reference. Vice City Stories also did a pretty good job in living up to Vice City’s standards. Apart from that I do quite love the other GTA games, I wouldn’t really rank them because they all have high and low points. Other personal favorites are IV, V/Online and San Andreas.

Apart from GTA I loved the Midnight Club franchise. It made a great alternative to the NFS series with its customization, car list, world and obviously the soundtrack. A new MC game would be appreciated on my part, but I don’t think we’ll be getting that anytime soon.

Do you have any other interests, hobbies, favorite music, and so on? Tell us more about the person behind your alias.

I’m actually a quite boring person IRL, I don’t really do nothing much apart from staying inside all day. I’m quite interested in music as you could probably tell, I’m pretty much all around the place when it goes to favorite genres, recently I’ve been listening to rap and electronic music mainly, but I’ve also had phases where I’ve been stuck on other music genres. Favorite artists at the moment? Porter Robinson, Madeon, Kendrick Lamar, Kanye, The Weeknd, LCD Soundsystem, among a few others.

Cars are also one of my main interests, they have been since I was a toddler really. Recently been diving a bit too much into the JDM culture. (excluding the stance stuff ‘cause that sh*t is mad garbage).

Apart from that I like to dive in a few other things every now and then, more specifically visual art and music mixing.

Any final comments? Do you have anything to say to our readers & the GTAF community?

Kinda hard to come up with something that isn’t so overdone and cliché but I’d like to thank everyone who’s been following this project throughout time. I'd like to say thank you on behalf of the group and ourselves and I hope we've passed the audition.

qO34erD.png

P.O.S - Gravedigger

“Gravedigger” is the eleventh track from the fifth studio album by P.O.S, the founding member of Minneapolis hip-hop collective Doomtree, it features additional vocals by rising Chicago rapper Angelenah.

Album: Chill, dummy

Genre: Hip-hop/Alternative hip-hop

Release Date: January 27, 2017

Label(s): Doomtree Records

Writer(s): Stefon Alexander, Cory Grindberg

JyLyVpJ.png

- Editor & Publisher, Topics/Snaps of the Week

- GTAForums News

@Ash_735 - Get Modified

@slohbur - Graphics Assistant

@Spider-Vice - Rockstar Central

@Testarossa - Track of the Week

@unbid - Interviewer

Rafae

👍👍👍

Gnocchi Flip Flops

That was a good read.

REXX

Great read as always! :D

livejoker

Top class each time. Amazing work, guys. :cookie:

"I'm actually a quite boring person IRL, I don't really do nothing much apart from staying inside all day."

For a second I thought that I was being interviewed.

Edited by livejoker

SirWillC

Great interview and dope track this week