Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums! (92,346 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

The Epsilonist

GTA IV is almost 10 years old, tell us your favorite memories of the game...

jaljax

Ben Buja Machinima's & Yeardly Diamond R.I.P

Not to mention Niko saying YELLOW CAR!!!

Arrows to Athens

Grinding Hangman's Noose for two weeks just to get that shiny gold Rank 10 star in multiplayer which meant absolutely nothing aside from an achievement/trophy and two multiplayer character outfits (guy rocking the blue speedo and the girl rocking the stripper lingerie).

I remember getting to rank 8 by grinding that mode. I only ever made it to rank 9, though, which looked cool.

Edited by Arrows to Athens

DoctorMike

His accent makes it even funnier

Edited by DoctorMike

just do it bob3

Cops and Crooks. Nuff Said.

Rockstar has to add this game mode to GTAO. The amount of fun and memories that I had... Most entertaining game mode I have ever played

TheOriginalGunslinger

Rockstar has to add this game mode to GTAO. The amount of fun and memories that I had... Most entertaining game mode I have ever played

What did you usually play at times? "All for One" or "One for All"? I personally loved em both.

Darealbandicoot

Too many to list. 4 was the game I bought with my Xbox 360 and I stayed up all night playing it just as amazed as I was when I played gta 3 for the first time. The level of detail compared to the 3d games was and still is amazing. Driving around getting to know the city while listening to the radio stations was just bliss. And it's the last gta(and the episodes as well) that had effort put into the talk radio.

AlbanyEsperanto

I remember when it was 10 years old when my brother yells me to come to his romm when he said when Niko Bellic speaks Croatian ( i know he was serb) when i come my brother gives me controller of Xbox 360, so i keep crashing and he keeps speaking english (you stupid idiot, Moron, F**k this, Arrrrgggghhh motherf*ckers) then i tell brother he is joking me right? Hes a English..., and finally he said 'U pičku materinu' (eng:to c*nt mother) but theres no way to translate it.

Arrows to Athens

We have to convince them somehow that the mode will increase shark card sales.

It's the only way.

Zenar

Launching cars using swing glitch, I never forget these moments.

I also I liked the moment when we beat the sh*t out of Dimitri.

PDOjohnny

I remmember when first saw this game in my best freind's house, in 2009, I remember watching LC's streets from a taxi window, and also remember listening there to a russian song on that russian radio station.

In real life I was in the army at the time, and day after playing this game I came back to base. I remember laying in my bed there and being REALLY sad both that I back in base and want to play this game more, and the fact that at that time I didn't had the specs to run the game.

Years later ,in 2014 or 2015 I got arrested in real life in suspect of pedofhilia and the video of the arrest posted on facebook, it was super hard time for me.

My answer was to upgrade my computer and buy GTA IV. I remember that very same friend came to my house and this time he watched me play. I remember we were in the highway and he told me to hit those water containers. It was closing a circle.

Algonquin Assassin

I finally completed the story for the 10th time. I was going to choose Revenge, but caved in and went for Deal because there’s truly something poetic ending Dimitri’s existence at the foot of the Statue Of Happiness. It still takes my breath away even after nearly a decade.

And when Mallorie calls Niko to let him learn she was pregnant with Roman’s son. No other GTA tugs at heart strings like it.

Darealbandicoot

I finally completed the story for the 10th time. I was going to choose Revenge, but caved in and went for Deal because theres truly something poetic ending Dimitris existence at the foot of the Statue Of Happiness. It still takes my breath away even after nearly a decade.

And when Mallorie calls Niko to let him learn she was pregnant with Romans son. No other GTA tugs at heart strings like it.

In almost all playthroughs I choose revenge but the few playthroughs I DO choose deal it always gives me mixed feelings. I'm happy that it's more dramatic and personal than revenge (even though you get to outright kill Dimitri in the revenge ending with any weapon you desire ) but it saddens me that Roman will never call me again to go bowling ever again. He IS Nikos closest friend here besides Jacob AND he has a child on the way so that makes it even sadder. Edited by Darealbandicoot

Extra Dip

When Niko followed the damn train to kill some cholos like CJ did.

Manny: "All you had to do, was to follow the damn train, Niko!"

Oh yeah, shooting a soapboxer from behind was pretty memorable too.

Soapboxer: "You say I'm crazy! You're the crazy one! You're the one who hate! I only hate lliiiiiieeeeeeesss....."

(Bang)

Niko: "Shut the f*ck up"

Good memories, feels like yesterday.

Arrows to Athens

Just driving around the airport in free roam, listening to some Dead by April.

Good times, good times.

zmudziak32

Yelloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow Car!

ViceBoy69

I think the mission where you kill Vlad for sleeping with Mallorie (Uncle Vlad) is one of my all time creepy moments, you know at this point even if you have only just started the game that something bad is now going to happen. The sound effects as you move the body down to the water, Roman getting scared and taking off, its one mission that has stayed with me.

ROCKSTAR MANIC

Early when the game had just released, I wasnt to familiar with the map. I used to immerse myself through the streets of hove beach, schottler, and Dukes. I would just drive off to random locations, hearing The beat or the vibe and I would be like, WTF I just got lost.. Of course you use the map, but nope i decided to not pause it. But enjoy the scenery of the city. That sh*t stays with me forever.

Algonquin Assassin

I think the mission where you kill Vlad for sleeping with Mallorie (Uncle Vlad) is one of my all time creepy moments, you know at this point even if you have only just started the game that something bad is now going to happen. The sound effects as you move the body down to the water, Roman getting scared and taking off, its one mission that has stayed with me.

I loved the shock value when Niko shot Vlad in the head. I didnt think it was going to be so brutal relatively speaking compared to what was in the 3D era.

Obviously today its pretty tame, but Ill never forget just being left in awe after this moment and Nikos subsequent revelation to Roman to what brought him to Liberty City.

Previous GTA games already made clear of what we were fighting for, but Nikos hesistence being drawn out and the timing of the revelation made it that just more powerful where we didnt even see Niko get betrayed visually. His words conveyed it masterfully.

Edited by Algonquin Assassin

Yinepi

First time I got the game I still had big CRT tv so I could not see as good. I remember completing the first mission and then getting stealing a tan colour Manana and not being used to GTA4 driving then because I played GTASA a lot I end up crashing into everything and then the manana caught fire but I did not notice it at first until I was driving on the freeway and then it did the flames-from-the-wheels thing, so then I jumped out and flew into a pole and died.

I was amazed back then at how well the ragdoll was. I never seen anything like it before.

Edited by Yinepi

Official General

I loved the shock value when Niko shot Vlad in the head. I didnt think it was going to be so brutal relatively speaking compared to what was in the 3D era.

Obviously today its pretty tame, but Ill never forget just being left in awe after this moment and Nikos subsequent revelation to Roman to what brought him to Liberty City.

Previous GTA games already made clear of what we were fighting for, but Nikos hesistence being drawn out and the timing of the revelation made it that just more powerful where we didnt even see Niko get betrayed visually. His words conveyed it masterfully.

When Elisabeta shot Manny in dead in the head, that still shocked me the most. I can still remember seeing that for the first time and hollerin' WTF !!

Algonquin Assassin

Oh yeah OG. That was pretty surreal. I mean I didnt like Manny, but I didnt expect him and Jay to get popped so abruptly much less by Elizabeta as nothing up until that point suggested she would.

It was also weird driving them to the black market doctor for their organs to be sold.

Edited by Algonquin Assassin