Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,093 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

ClaudeIzABadAzz

GTX 1070 Gets very hot!

HaRdSTyLe_83

ill fix it for you

*remove the four screw on the side window

*remove side window

fixed :p

edit: he only have 2x120mm on the front (filled with radiator) and a 120mm on the back, the computer is a pre-built and i bet the rad is pushing air inside + gpu heat staying inside the case, for a single 120mm pushing air out, it can get hot overtime

Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83

Dryspace

What is the ambient temperature in the computer's room?

ClaudeIzABadAzz

What is the ambient temperature in the computer's room?

I don't know exactly. I know that the room temp can also affect the PC, so I always keep my window open.

Dryspace

Do you think you could take the side off of your case and take a few good photographs of your GPU and cooling system? Well-lighted, s'il vous plait?

ClaudeIzABadAzz

Do you think you could take the side off of your case and take a few good photographs of your GPU and cooling system? Well-lighted, s'il vous plait?

Uhh I'm not too keen on that. I'm new to PCs, and I don't wanna go messing anything up.

Dryspace

If I make a poll, and at least 98% of respondents vote that taking the side panel off won't harm your computer in any way (because it won't, and you need to learn these things anyway)....will you consider it then?

sivispacem

You won't harm your PC by removing the side panel. His else do you think you clean then?

ClaudeIzABadAzz

If I make a poll, and at least 98% of respondents vote that taking the side panel off won't harm your computer in any way (because it won't, and you need to learn these things anyway)....will you consider it then?

Yeah I know it won't damage it, but still. Yeah I'll consider it.

EDIT: http://gtaforums.com/topic/900129-will-claudeizabadazz-harm-his-pc-by-removing-the-side-panel/. Haha you really made a poll :lol:

Yeah I'll remove the panel at some point today.

Edited by ClaudeIzABadAzz

ClaudeIzABadAzz

While playing the Forza Horizon 3 Demo, the GPU reached 82 again.

After I take off the side panel, what games should I play to really test the GPU? So far I was thinking Mafia III and FH3 since those are the games that make the card reach 82.

ClaudeIzABadAzz

Through Afterburner I was able to limit the temperature that my GPU would reach:

https://i.imgur.com/jujrVdR.png

Is taking the side panel off still necessary?

Dryspace

I should have mentioned this before, but I was utterly shocked and offended when the poll that I made--which I asked you if I could make, and was not even remotely out of line in any conceivable way--was summarily locked by a mod. No message, no explanation, just a "No thanks", which was more confusing than if the mod had said nothing at all. I don't think I am peculiar in feeling that a post locked or deleted without explanation is hurtful and offensive.

I am not really experienced with the whole forum scene, so I don't know if this kind of thing is common, but as I said, I was shocked, as I know there was nothing at all wrong with my post. Further, I felt fearful that if I contacted the mod to ask for an explanation, not matter how politely, that I might be punished in some way, so I didn't.

Does anyone know if this kind of thing happens often on this forum? Or on forums in general?

Because those reading this can not know what to think unless they have seen the poll for themselves, the link is:

http://gtaforums.com/topic/900129-will-claudeizabadazz-harm-his-pc-by-removing-the-side-panel/

HaRdSTyLe_83

I should have mentioned this before, but I was utterly shocked and offended when the poll that I made--which I asked you if I could make, and was not even remotely out of line in any conceivable way--was summarily locked by a mod. No message, no explanation, just a "No thanks", which was more confusing than if the mod had said nothing at all. I don't think I am peculiar in feeling that a post locked or deleted without explanation is hurtful and offensive.

I am not really experienced with the whole forum scene, so I don't know if this kind of thing is common, but as I said, I was shocked, as I know there was nothing at all wrong with my post. Further, I felt fearful that if I contacted the mod to ask for an explanation, not matter how politely, that I might be punished in some way, so I didn't.

Does anyone know if this kind of thing happens often on this forum? Or on forums in general?

Because those reading this can not know what to think unless they have seen the poll for themselves, the link is:

http://gtaforums.com/topic/900129-will-claudeizabadazz-harm-his-pc-by-removing-the-side-panel/

are you playing the victim card ?

your poll was unworthy with no real content nor would it help to the initial argument.

if you can create a valid argument for the topic to be reopened im sure the mods will unlock it

sivispacem

It was difficult to see your post as anything other than a public attempt to mock another member. Quite frankly, I was very close to just binning it on the spot. If that wasn't your intent and it's simply a miscommunication then that's fine, but it still didn't really contribute anything.

I don't understand how someone could find their threads being locked as "hurtful" or "offensive". I'm also puzzled as to why, if it was really that shocking to you, you didn't contact me directly?

Blaze

Through Afterburner I was able to limit the temperature that my GPU would reach:

https://i.imgur.com/jujrVdR.png

Is taking the side panel off still necessary?

I could be wrong as I have never had to limit temps through afterburner but I'm pretty sure all that'll do is drop the clock speeds/throttle the card so it doesn't go over those temps thus losing performance and having dips in framerate ie you peak at 78c so it drops the clocks so the temp drops, then the boost clocks or whatever take into account the headroom, boost them back up and rinse and repeat.

I'd be looking more at airflow if anything, from your pics it looks like the radiator on the front will be pulling air into the case, cooling the rad and then the hot air ends up inside the case thus heating the gpu.

sivispacem

I could be wrong

You're not- this is exactly what will happen.

I'd be looking more at airflow

Agreed, though at this point it becomes difficult to offer much assistance given that the best photos that he's managed to take of his system are dire.

Blaze

If I remember right from the other thread he has the CM Masterbox Lite 5 case which fits a 360 rad or triple 120s in the front and a 120 in the back, no top fan/rad support. Kind of limits the options for airflow setups, at that point I'd probably be considering selling off the AIO and replacing it with a decent air cooler and intakes on the front.

ClaudeIzABadAzz

http://www.msy.com.au/SYSTEMS/ryzen7.pdf

Performance pack A6, from there you can see all my specs.

If it is something within the case, then there's nothing I can do about, because I'm not sure if I of all people should be tinkering with stuff.

HaRdSTyLe_83

http://www.msy.com.au/SYSTEMS/ryzen7.pdf

Performance pack A6, from there you can see all my specs.

If it is something within the case, then there's nothing I can do about, because I'm not sure if I of all people should be tinkering with stuff.

if you are not sure then its best to just leave it alone, in my honest opinion removing the side panel doesn't require a degree, its just two screws and unless you have a fan on the side panel you wont even touch in any electronics. with just that you can confirm if its a airflow issue or something more.

ClaudeIzABadAzz

At some point I'll remove the panel and hopefully get some good shots.

ClaudeIzABadAzz

OK so I was gonna remove the side panel, and then I got to thinking - how do I put it back on? Will I need to lay my PC flat on its side? Or is there something to hold it into place as I put each screw back in?

Or else I'm going to have to hold it as I screw it back in, which is gonna be a pain in the ass.

HaRdSTyLe_83

OK so I was gonna remove the side panel, and then I got to thinking - how do I put it back on? Will I need to lay my PC flat on its side? Or is there something to hold it into place as I put each screw back in?

Or else I'm going to have to hold it as I screw it back in, which is gonna be a pain in the ass.

cant figure out if serious....

ill bite, here is a "tutorial" on how to remove the thumb screws :p

starting at 1:40

if it was me i would have done that the minute after seeing the temps to know if its the airflow or a bad Gpu, instead of waiting 4 weeks

Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83

ClaudeIzABadAzz

cant figure out if serious....

ill bite, here is a "tutorial" on how to remove the thumb screws :p

starting at 1:40

if it was me i would have done that the minute after seeing the temps to know if its the airflow or a bad Gpu, instead of waiting 4 weeks

No man I'm dead serious. I know I sound as dumb as a plank of wood, but I am as dumb as a plank of wood when it comes to this stuff.

By the way, why the hell did you post a video of removing the screws? I know how to remove screws.

But you see how his panel at the bottom was held into place? Well mine isn't, so I was wondering how I'm going to hold it into place while screwing it back in.

Dryspace

It appears that the case in the video has not four, but two screws. Is yours not the same case?

If you do have a different case or panel, you can indeed just lay the case on its side as you suggested in order to remove or replace the panel.

Presidential

I love Cooler Master cases. Always been some of my favorite.

ClaudeIzABadAzz

It appears that the case in the video has not four, but two screws. Is yours not the same case?

If you do have a different case or panel, you can indeed just lay the case on its side as you suggested in order to remove or replace the panel.

Nope, I have four, and I don't think I have much room to lay it on it's side, but I'll see what I can do.

Blaze

there's a little track/slot for the bottom of the side panel to go into, honestly it's not rocket science.

Dryspace

@Blaze

He said that his panel has four screws rather than two as in the video, so it may be that his panel does not rest in a bottom slot.

ClaudeIzABadAzz

there's a little track/slot for the bottom of the side panel to go into

Uh no, there isn't.

Thank you Dryspace for thinking before posting.

Blaze

in that case just unscrew the four screws, i refer to previous sentiment of it's not rocket science.

HaRdSTyLe_83

in that case just unscrew the four screws, i refer to previous sentiment of it's not rocket science.

it seems it is, at this point i question how he even reached this internet page