1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

SprinklesMcFartza

RDR2 Enhanced for Xbox One X and PS4 Pro?

PvTails
9 hours ago, Mostly_Red said:

It's possible, since MP is less demanding graphically

Battle Royale on the other hand...

I think Battle Royale isn't happening especially when the trusted reviews leak they received was around sept 17 way before fornite made it's own spin on it and pubg popularized the mode that summer.  

that game mode is over saturated atm. I believe following popular trends isn't the rockstar way unless they make thier own spin on it.

DGSimo
15 hours ago, PvTails said:

I think Battle Royale isn't happening especially when the trusted reviews leak they received was around sept 17 way before fornite made it's own spin on it and pubg popularized the mode that summer.  

that game mode is over saturated atm. I believe following popular trends isn't the rockstar way unless they make thier own spin on it.

Rockstar already dipped their toes into the BR pool last summer in GTAV with the Motor Wars, so it wouldn't be unusual for RDO to elaborate on it further especially with how bigger the game mode has grown.

On 7/29/2018 at 7:01 PM, Mostly_Red said:

It's possible, since MP is less demanding graphically

Battle Royale on the other hand...

There's no chance of RDR2 running at 60fps even if they cut corners. And really, even if it was possible who would want to play it at 720p? lol

My guess is Pro and X modes would enchance the game via a more stable 30 fps and texture/graphics quality with dynamic scaling on the resolution for 4K with HDR support. Then again there might not be any benefits since GTAV never got a patch.

Mostly_Red
12 minutes ago, DGSimo said:

Rockstar already dipped their toes into the BR pool last summer in GTAV with the Motor Wars, so it wouldn't be unusual for RDO to elaborate on it further especially with how bigger the game mode has grown.

There's no chance of RDR2 running at 60fps even if they cut corners. And really, even if it was possible who would want to play it at 720p? lol

My guess is Pro and X modes would enchance the game via a more stable 30 fps and texture/graphics quality with dynamic scaling on the resolution for 4K with HDR support. Then again there might not be any benefits since GTAV never got a patch.

Yeah, the lack of 60fps in multiplayer makes sense. It's not a game that requires fast moves or speed, like with a FPS or fighting game. 

Englishman1
9 hours ago, DGSimo said:

They have already stated in the previews the game will be 100% enhanced for PS4 pro comparing it to GTA makes no sense as that's a last gen game & the remaster came out 4 years ago! 

Ash_735

After today's video it looks like it's 4k Checkerboarding which is brilliant for the consoles.

Mostly_Red
4 hours ago, Ash_735 said:

After today's video it looks like it's 4k Checkerboarding which is brilliant for the consoles.

1080p on PS4?

damienrayemusic

Man it looks incredible for 4k... We have been blessed😍

Oink

Im think of upgrading to a One X for RDR2, someone tell me im an idiot and that I shouldn't do it.

TheTruth22333
18 minutes ago, Oink said:

Im think of upgrading to a One X for RDR2, someone tell me im an idiot and that I shouldn't do it.

do it :)

H3nri3

I can not wait to play Red Dead Redemption II in 4k!!! So Excited!! 

MostWantedMVP

Very excited to play in 4K. Looks absolutely amazing.

Edited by MostWantedMVP

Cheesy Vaginas

Ok 4K is cool and all but what will really make this game shine is HDR implementation. Any word on that yet?

MostWantedMVP
2 minutes ago, Cheesy Vaginas said:

Ok 4K is cool and all but what will really make this game shine is HDR implementation. Any word on that yet?

Yes HDR has been confirmed for PS4 Pro and Xbox One X.

Cheesy Vaginas
13 minutes ago, MostWantedMVP said:

Yes HDR has been confirmed for PS4 Pro and Xbox One X.

Source?

TheExecutor10

If you go to the RDR2 section of the Xbox site it now states "4K", "HDR" and "Xbox One X Enhanced".

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/red-dead-redemption-2

As an owner of one of the best 4K HDR TVs and the Xbox One X this made me extremely excited.

Edited by TheExecutor10

Cheesy Vaginas
52 minutes ago, TheExecutor10 said:

If you go to the RDR2 section of the Xbox site it now states "4K", "HDR" and "Xbox One X Enhanced".

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/red-dead-redemption-2

As an owner of one of the best 4K HDR TVs and the Xbox One X this made me extremely excited.

Day = made

Cutter De Blanc

It's so cool being below poverty level poor in the age of constant technological upgrades :/

I hope my old ass white Destiny ps4 survives until October

Pink Pineapple
3 hours ago, Oink said:

Unless you're sitting close to a large TV, you're not going to notice the difference between 1080 and 4K.

Shanki
28 minutes ago, Pink Pineapple said:

Unless you're sitting close to a large TV, you're not going to notice the difference between 1080 and 4K.

How about a 4K monitor? I'll be selling my PS4 Slim and getting a Pro with a AOC U2879VF.

Ash_735
28 minutes ago, Pink Pineapple said:

It's not about a big difference, it's about HDR and having a resolution high enough to make aliasing not an issue. Considering the big flaw of RAGE is often brought up with how aliased the image looks then running at a higher res on a screen with a high DPI (4k) or having that image down sampled (4k on 1080p) seriously helps with that. 

attilarw
On 5/8/2018 at 4:44 PM, ViciousLuke said:

Well, journalists from IGN said that Red Dead Redemption 2 is one of the best looking games they have ever seen (basically because Rockstar fully focused making RDR2 on this generation of consoles alone, which allows them to push PS4 and X1 consoles to the absolute limit) and when they were told that the gameplay they saw was on a base PS4 - they wow'ed. As they said - it just looks stunning even on a base version of PS4, and the way they were talking about the game makes you notice that even journalists didn't think that it was possible to achieve such a result on a launch version of PS4. After hearing that, I am really confident now.

I have read that they played it on a PS4 Pro. And here in germany the most websites say this too and quote some english sites.

I dont read all, but i am not sure. I would wait what Rockstar says where the gameplay was played on.

I dont know if i should buy a PS4 Pro, a xBox One X or just stay with my PS4 Slim. I want the best experience for RDR2, and for me this means better performance, but i dont think the Ps4/Ps4 Pro has other Framerates. 30FPS must be minimum.

Oink
8 hours ago, Pink Pineapple said:

I have a 49" 4K tv, HDR capable that I am sitting pretty close to 😓😩

MostWantedMVP

Just ordered myself an Xbox One X, will also be getting the Ultimate Edition. HYPE!

Edited by MostWantedMVP

Emmi
46 minutes ago, MostWantedMVP said:

Just ordered myself an Xbox One X, will also be getting the Ultimate Edition. HYPE!

I did order a 4K HDR TV today and I'm planning to upgrade to a PS4 Pro shortly before the games release.

MostWantedMVP

@Emmi What edition are you getting?

Emmi
1 minute ago, MostWantedMVP said:

@Emmi What edition are you getting?

The Special Edition (physical), I decided not to go with the Ultimate because I don't plan to play the online portion of the game at all (I'm just really not into online, especially not on consoles!) and the steelbook did not justify the higher costs for me.

Morgan
11 minutes ago, Emmi said:

I did order a 4K HDR TV today and I'm planning to upgrade to a PS4 Pro shortly before the games release.

Same for me. 4k TV arrives this week :panic:so happy! I wanted to have a 4k TV for a while, but RDR2 was the decisive factor.

Emmi
Just now, Morgan said:

Same for me. 4k TV arrives this week :panic:so happy! I wanted to have a 4k TV for a while, but RDR2 was the decisive factor.

Do you have a PS4 Pro or Xbox One X yet? I must say I'm still undecided on that matter ... I have a base PS4 and seeing that it at least supports HDR I'd need to wait for the other improvements the game brings with the better consoles ... I'm afraid we won't know until shortly before release though?

MostWantedMVP

I've had a 4K TV for 2 years, I've had no reason to use it until Red Dead 2.

This game is literally gonna be game of the decade for me (Red Dead Redemption being game of the decade last gen)

Emmi
Just now, MostWantedMVP said:

I've had a 4K TV for 2 years, I've had no reason to use it until Red Dead 2.

This game is literally gonna be game of the decade for me (Red Dead Redemption being game of the decade last gen)

Oh, ok ... RDR2 was also the reason to finally invest in a 4K HDR TV and it'll probably make me upgrade to a PS4 Pro as well.

Funny enough that the last time I bought a new TV was at the release of RDR1, so 8 years ago :)