1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

SprinklesMcFartza

RDR2 Enhanced for Xbox One X and PS4 Pro?

MostWantedMVP

Ah my good old 1080p gave up on me years back, I love my 4KTV and it's future proof.

Morgan
4 minutes ago, Emmi said:

Do you have a PS4 Pro or Xbox One X yet? I must say I'm still undecided on that matter ... I have a base PS4 and seeing that it at least supports HDR I'd need to wait for the other improvements the game brings with the better consoles ... I'm afraid we won't know until shortly before release though?

No. I'm in the same situation as you. I have a standard ps4. I want to buy a pro short before release. Not sure yet tho. 1080p on a 4k tv still beatifull, right🤔

Emmi
3 minutes ago, MostWantedMVP said:

Ah my good old 1080p gave up on me years back, I love my 4KTV and it's future proof.

I bought one from Sony ... 2018 model for € 660 instead of 750 ... I think it'll be a solid TV that'll be good for the years to come.

Can't wait to get myself fully immersed into the world of RDR2 this October and beyond.

The power of R* ... they make us buy a new TV, a 'new' console ... :)

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

No. I'm in the same situation as you. I have a standard ps4. I want to buy a pro short before release. Not sure yet tho. 1080p on a 4k tv still beatifull, right🤔

Honestly I don't know ... I guess I might update to a Pro sooner than October because who cares ... The Last of Us 2 is coming up as well and hopefully also Bully 2 will be released on PS4 and Xbox One!

Edited by Emmi

Morgan
3 minutes ago, Emmi said:

Honestly I don't know ... I guess I might update to a Pro sooner than October because who cares ... The Last of Us 2 is coming up as well and hopefully also Bully 2 will be released on PS4 and Xbox One!

I choose to buy the tv first because it is a futureproff investment. Early or later I will buy a pro (or ps5 in a couple of years haha). Still 2 months to decide if I buy it before the release :)

Emmi
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

I choose to buy the tv first because it is a futureproff investment. Early or later I will buy a pro (or ps5 in a couple of years haha). Still 2 months to decide if I buy it before the release :)

Might as well wait for the 500 million special edition PS4 Pro ... I hope they sell it in Austria ... will be sold out within minutes though.

Only 50k are made worldwide!

Looks amazing!

Spoiler

430388032158095b851efk.jpg?w=600&s=87e8e

Edited by Emmi

attilarw
34 minutes ago, Emmi said:

Might as well wait for the 500 million special edition PS4 Pro ... I hope they sell it in Austria ... will be sold out within minutes though.

Only 50k are made worldwide!

Looks amazing!

Reveal hidden contents

430388032158095b851efk.jpg?w=600&s=87e8e

Looks really cheap :D

Oink

That special edition PS4 Pro would look amazing....

Spoiler

If I was a crack ho.....high on crack. But I'm not, so it looks like sh*t.

woggleman

I am glad I bought my 55 inch Sony 900e. This game and TLOU will look amazing on the Pro.

Boone_Tuva

Does anyone have any suggestions on snagging a PS4 Pro before release, got myself a 4k TV a few months back and now it's time to upgrade the console. I had assumed they would just be available in stores but seems everywhere is out of stock of new consoles? 

woggleman
23 minutes ago, Boone_Tuva said:

Does anyone have any suggestions on snagging a PS4 Pro before release, got myself a 4k TV a few months back and now it's time to upgrade the console. I had assumed they would just be available in stores but seems everywhere is out of stock of new consoles? 

Try Amazon.

attilarw
24 minutes ago, Boone_Tuva said:

What? Here in germany you find everywhere a PS4 for 400EUR. I am waiting for a Deal and then i buy one and upgrade from my PS4 Slim. I think with the Gamescom in Germany i get a Pro a little bit cheaper :)

Aborted_Fetus

So I already have a 4K TV with HDR (65" LG C7 OLED) and I'm trying to decide whether upgrading to a PS4 Pro is really worth it. Won't the image just be upscaled to 4K and not running it natively (I don't have any interest in an Xbox One X, honestly)? I know there are performance improvements too, I'm just skeptical I'll see $400 worth of differences. I'm also worried because aren't you only able to have your PSN account linked to one console at a time? Or is that just signed in to one at a time? I actually don't play games on my 4K TV - I've been a little hesitant to try gaming on an expensive OLED with potential burn-in possibilities, although I've been reading that permanent burn-in is rare. Either way, is it worth the upgrade if it's simply upscaling? 

Red Dead Rebel
5 hours ago, TheExecutor10 said:

For all the X owners out there (or even to everyone who might be interested in the console) ...

It was officially confirmed by Aaron Greenberg (Xbox Marketing Manager) that Red Dead Redemption 2 will be running in native 4K on the Xbox One X:

https://mobile.twitter.com/aarongreenberg/status/1027684096623828993

"True 4K" is marketing bullsh*t. It doesn't mean Native 4K. Don't fall for it.

Mach1bud
Just now, Red Dead Rebel said:

"True 4K" is marketing bullsh*t. It doesn't mean Native 4K. Don't fall for it.

Meh. Doesn't matter what you call it. 

It will look better on the upgraded consoles, that's all we need to know.

Red Dead Rebel
1 minute ago, Mach1bud said:

Meh. Doesn't matter what you call it. 

It will look better on the upgraded consoles, that's all we need to know.

It will look better but don't expect Native 4K until we have a confirmation. "True 4k" doesn't mean sh*t.

MostWantedMVP

Yep it's confirmed 4K on PS4 Pro and Xbox One X.

Edited by MostWantedMVP

Mach1bud
49 minutes ago, Red Dead Rebel said:

It will look better but don't expect Native 4K until we have a confirmation. "True 4k" doesn't mean sh*t.

That's what I mean though, it doesn't matter if it's "native" or "true". The point is it will look better on the fancy consoles using a 4k TV. 

Ash_735

It seems to be Checkerboard 4K which is essentially 1920x2160 combined with algorithm upscaling, so you're getting twice as many pixels rendered on screen compared to normal 1080p. 

This still benefits 1080p TV owners with the Pro/X because this Checkerboard image will be down sampled back to 1080p essentially providing free super sampling AA which will make the image look clean and crisp. 

TheExecutor10
9 hours ago, Aborted_Fetus said:

So I already have a 4K TV with HDR (65" LG C7 OLED) and I'm trying to decide whether upgrading to a PS4 Pro is really worth it. Won't the image just be upscaled to 4K and not running it natively (I don't have any interest in an Xbox One X, honestly)? I know there are performance improvements too, I'm just skeptical I'll see $400 worth of differences. I'm also worried because aren't you only able to have your PSN account linked to one console at a time? Or is that just signed in to one at a time? I actually don't play games on my 4K TV - I've been a little hesitant to try gaming on an expensive OLED with potential burn-in possibilities, although I've been reading that permanent burn-in is rare. Either way, is it worth the upgrade if it's simply upscaling? 

You definitely need to upgrade. On my 55" TV I'm seeing a big difference between Games in 1080p and 4K (given I sit pretty close to the display). To fully appreciate the OLED and RDR2 you need to get the Pro (if you have the money and RDR2 isn't the only 4K game you'll be playing).

Now to the burn-in problem. Yes, there is a high chance you will get burn-in when you play more than 5-8 hours. So there is a certain risk involved. But if your OLED is properly working you should be safe, as long as your game sessions don't extend the 4 hours mark.

5 hours ago, Ash_735 said:

It seems to be Checkerboard 4K which is essentially 1920x2160 combined with algorithm upscaling, so you're getting twice as many pixels rendered on screen compared to normal 1080p. 

This still benefits 1080p TV owners with the Pro/X because this Checkerboard image will be down sampled back to 1080p essentially providing free super sampling AA which will make the image look clean and crisp. 

We haven't seen the X-version yet, so we can only analyse the Pro-version. I'm looking forward to the DF Video, they are probably already pixel-counting ^^

Edited by TheExecutor10

Red Dead Rebel
6 hours ago, Ash_735 said:

Checkerboard 4K isn't 1920x2160. That would be temporal reconstruction I think as used in Quantum Break and Rainbow Six Siege but for 1080p, I think. Checkerboard 4K rendering is rendering a 3840x2160 framebuffer but it accurately renders only half of the pixels(In a checkerboard pattern) while calculating the other half with an algorithm. Many PS4 Pro games actually do Checkerboard 1800p and then traditionally upscale that to 4K.

1080p TV owners should get the benefit of superior image quality for sure.

Edited by Red Dead Rebel

Oink

Anyone dare to venture a guess when the One X will see a price drop?

Question - My LED has a gaming mode which basically downgrades the image.

Do these new 4k/HDRs allow you to run all out with no throttleback?

Thanks in advance.

Spider-Vice

How does it downgrade the image? That's a bit strange. Game mode usually disables all enhancements and provides you with the purest, least laggy (latency) image.

Ash_735

Yeah, it doesn't downgrade the image, you just get the signal as is without the TV's additional processing (which most should be turned off anyway, DNR, Motion Plus, Dynamic Softening and Sharpening have no place these days). For consoles you should be aiming to get the cleanest most unprocessed image on your TV.

VolumeRX
45 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

How does it downgrade the image? That's a bit strange. Game mode usually disables all enhancements and provides you with the purest, least laggy (latency) image.

Game mode, depends on which TV can downgrade the image quality and maybe color, side effect of reducing the input delay

Yeah, that's the description it gives you when you use that option.

It's an older Samsung. It will be soon be replaced.

Edited by 1898

Smokewood
On 11/9/2017 at 3:47 PM, SprinklesMcFartza said:

Don't believe they announced it was happening, but was looking through my games to see what was updated. Noticed the original RDR was enhanced for the X. Click on game.

I wouldn't say it's 4k at all, but colors pop, shadows more defined, everything looks sharper. It really looks beautiful. If anyone has saw details on this I'm curious officially what has been changed.

I'm aware the RDR has its own sub, just figured this is relevant to the upcoming RDR2. I'm sure it will get 4k, doubt we'll get 60fps, but never know.

I have the xbox 1 S.

What's the word on if it will run the game in 4K

attilarw

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/08/09/watch-the-red-dead-redemption-2-official-gameplay-video/

Thats what i meant. I think all consoles can play this game fine with 30FPS, the Pro and X can hold it better in some situations where the PS4 and xBox One have some frame drops. The Pro and X (S?) can do it fine with 4k and some better graphics (viewing distance for example).

That is what i think. I just posted the link for those people who wrote the Gameplay Video from Rockstar was on a normal PS4.

Edited by attilarw
Edit

Spider-Vice

Rockstar has been known to optimise their games well (at launch, not counting GTA V with the 50 GTA Online updates), I am almost 99% sure both will run at a steady 30 FPS, only resolution changes between X/Pro and regular.

attilarw

But GTA 5 have in some situations Frame Drops on the consoles.

30FPS steady on RDR2 would be nice.