2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

SprinklesMcFartza

RDR2 Enhanced for Xbox One X and PS4 Pro?

SprinklesMcFartza

Don't believe they announced it was happening, but was looking through my games to see what was updated. Noticed the original RDR was enhanced for the X. Click on game.

I wouldn't say it's 4k at all, but colors pop, shadows more defined, everything looks sharper. It really looks beautiful. If anyone has saw details on this I'm curious officially what has been changed.

I'm aware the RDR has its own sub, just figured this is relevant to the upcoming RDR2. I'm sure it will get 4k, doubt we'll get 60fps, but never know.

Edited by SprinklesMcFartza

Spider-Vice

Hey. Edited the title of your thread because it was basically the same thing you posted in the RDR1 section...

As for the topic at hand, I'm sure RDR2 is going to be enhanced for the X and the Pro, as all games released after the consoles' release should. We might see 4K but not 60 FPS. Almost sure R* is going to try to aim for 2160p.

BUT THE BENZ

I bet you now they will CUT content from the game and make it some SPECIAL feature for pro/x consoles only.

MostWantedMVP

PlayStation is partnering with Rockstar for Red Dead Redemption II so it will be PS4 Pro Enhanced...same goes for One X with L.A Noire getting support I don't see Rockstar leaving anyone out.

Edited by MostWantedMVP

MostWantedMVP

I found something interesting on the Xbox page for Red Dead Redemption II.

Possible proof of 4K HDR support and more for the Xbox One X version.

"ADD-ONS AVAILABLE" with logos for 4K, HDR, Enhanced and Xbox Play Anywhere.

It might not mean anything, but it's there.

Ftgg2yg.png

Spider-Vice

In which page is this? That looks all commented out (i.e. coded to not appear on the page maybe because it's not applicable). Look at the placeholder texts even "more verbose call to action text".

Spider-Vice

Interestingly not all pages are formatted the same. I tried to find another game that didn't list any of these features in a dedicated page, but all Microsoft games do so it's hard. I think it may be just part of the page's code and just not applicable to RDR2 at least yet, but it's still interesting, nice find. If they're hiding that it would mean RDR2 PC is confirmed (Play Anywhere, though that would be a sh*tty PC version), along with HDR and 4K.

~However, another reason to doubt this is that RDR2 is a Sony game, which means they likely won't use Microsoft technologies like Play Anywhere.

Safari

Im sure Xbox will look better but Ps4 will still look amazing so I'm still happy

SeniorDerp

Isnt the PlayStation deal for timed exclusive content? Why would that have anything to do with the hardware thats running the game? They wouldnt limit the PC graphics just because they have a deal with PS, why would they limit it on a more powerful console?

Also, does anyone actually know what the entire deal is for? Is it a forever deal that always gives PS users first look at new content or will it be just a launch type deal?

Edit: directly off the PS website -We are pleased to announce that PS4 players get first access to earn select online content in the vast open world of Red Dead Redemption 2.

Edited by SeniorDerp

VolumeRX

Isnt the PlayStation deal for timed exclusive content? Why would that have anything to do with the hardware thats running the game? They wouldnt limit the PC graphics just because they have a deal with PS, why would they limit it on a more powerful console?

Also, does anyone actually know what the entire deal is for? Is it a forever deal that always gives PS users first look at new content or will it be just a launch type deal?

Edit: directly off the PS website -We are pleased to announce that PS4 players get first access to earn select online content in the vast open world of Red Dead Redemption 2.

I don't justify it, but it might be because they come out in the same time, and the PC will come later and it'd be more understandable cuz more time improve it and PC is better

Spaghetti Cat

Probably just some timed exclusives and probably for online, but that's just a guess.

Don't think we'll see a repeat of the EfLC route with the DLC's for GTA IV.

trip

Play anywhere? f*ck yea! That is the best feature of all. That might mean same day release for PC too. Extra good news.

Spider-Vice

That's very likely a placeholder trip, as I found placeholder info for ratings and game genre in the same page, but hopefully it's true.

PapasHota

When R* confirmed there will be a pc version?

MostWantedMVP

One thing I'm excited for is the snowy conditions, with HDR support it's going to look amazing especially at night. We've yet to see any of the game but I think the snow areas are going to stand out hugely.

Edited by MostWantedMVP

SeniorDerp

When R* confirmed there will be a pc version?

Haven’t seen any. T2 likes money too much to not put it on PC though

Sobchak

From the rumors and leaks they are looking to be innovative and taking advantage of the more powerful hardware available with both the X and the Pro gives them more room to experiment.

MostWantedMVP

I think it's pretty much confirmed that both consoles are getting Enhanced features anyway.

"Coming Spring 2018 to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One systems."

Xbox Systems: Xbox One S, Xbox One X

PlayStation Systems: PlayStation 4, PlayStation 4 Pro

BlackScout

PlayStation 4 and Xbox One together are two systems. Who knows though.

SeniorDerp

The game will no doubt run smoother and more crisp on a more powerful console regardless if its on purpose. This is displayed by playing RDR on an Xbox One. Same game, better hardware

Edited by SeniorDerp

BUT THE BENZ

I bet you now they will CUT content from the game and make it some SPECIAL feature for pro/x consoles only.

I still think this is going to happen. unfortunately!

DexMacLeod

I still think this is going to happen. unfortunately!

I thought this sort of thing wasn't allowed. The Pro/X have to essentially be the same game just graphically enhanced.

Spider-Vice

It's the same game always. It's like a PC game adjusting its settings automatically depending on your hardware, except it's settings imposed by the developer for each console.

MostWantedMVP

I think it will be 4K HDR ready on release, that's why Rockstar said they are polishing the game (including bug fixes)

Edited by MostWantedMVP

Ash_735

HDR is a cert, considering a LOT of the skybox banding issues in GTAV could've been solved with HDR (still crazy that Rockstar never released a Pro/X patch for GTAV) there's no better way of making these environments pop with that lighting detail Rockstar usually loves.

As for 4K, I think it'll be upscaled, Rockstar MIGHT go for the basic support of just rendering at a resolution and then upscaling (e.g. 1440p/1620p for PS4 Pro, 1800p for XB1X) or if we're lucky and IF Sony are helping out in other areas besides advertising, they might be able to tap into checkerboard rendering (which is basically 1920x2160p with advanced scaling).

Side note: Would be great IF Rockstar patched GTAV on Pro/X AND allowed Microsoft to patch RDR1 and GTA IV for Xbox One X's BC to allow them to render in 4K (since Microsoft do those patches themselves with permission from the original devs).

BUT THE BENZ

Nuh they will cut content on purpose, solely to get people to buy the more powerful consoles. I mean, what better "reason", to "upgrade", other than to enjoy a R* game in its "full potential"!?

the game itself will do just fine on "normal" consoles...but you just know there's SOMETHING missing, that itch you cannot scratch, unless you open your wallet etc....

we're predictable....just as much as the companies that sell!

DexMacLeod

Nuh they will cut content on purpose, solely to get people to buy the more powerful consoles. I mean, what better "reason", to "upgrade", other than to enjoy a R* game in its "full potential"!?

the game itself will do just fine on "normal" consoles...but you just know there's SOMETHING missing, that itch you cannot scratch, unless you open your wallet etc....

we're predictable....just as much as the companies that sell!

If you mean like actual in game content they're currently not allowed to do that. The upgraded console versions are always the exact same game just with enhanced graphics/performance. Although it does seem like Microsoft is kind of walking that back a bit saying they want they're developers to "have more freedom" or something like that.

Either way, I'm not sure the developers would really benefit from that as you don't need to buy the game a second time to get the Pro/X enhancements. It would really only benefit Sony and Microsoft.

Dust

I speculate that it will. RDR2 is going to be the very first game that Rockstar has made that is fully build from the ground up to harness the full power of PS4 and XBOX ONE; including the newer console models. I think the talented engineers and artists at Rockstar are going to take the bull by the horns when it comes to this optimization task for all models. Certainly the PS4 Pro and XBOX ONE X will provide RDR2 a little extra computing power to run the game a little smoother/consistent or most likely in 4K. The developers at Rockstar are not lazy and actually I imagine that they are excited about the new hardware and want to dive in for new experience and enhance their game they worked so hard on. Rockstar wants to keep up with the curve and possibly stay ahead of it when it comes to quality across all platforms where their games can be played. I bet they are, again, excited to exercise new skills working with the new hardware. RDR2 is going to be advanced compared to GTAV (2013) which was build from the ground up for the PS3 and XBOX 360. We have every reason to be excited and the new trailer #3 today was amazing.

Happy Hunter

Well last I heard it was made with the PS4 in mind wasn't it? That was when the PS4 was more powerful than the Xbox One. Which it still is, but now there's the Xbox One X and PS4 Pro, with the Xbox being more powerful there. So I don't know what's going to happen with that. If you had an Xbox One X, would it still not look as good as on PS4?

Hopefully it looks close to the trailers on the standard PS4 and Xbox One. This gen just hasn't had enough games that really look like a huge leap over last gen, in my opinion.