Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,976 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Algonquin Assassin

Most satisfying thing about GTA IV for you?

Darealbandicoot

The fact that it feels like nothing has been cut from the game unlike previous gta games and even gta v which gave me feels like a lot of stuff of stuff was cut due to either story inconsistencies or obvious leftovers in the world. 4 gave me no such feelings.

But...what about my fingerless gloves?

But really though, IV feels like a complete game right from the start. It didn't need monthly DLCs to keep the game alive with new vehicles & weapons that could've easily been added the main game.

Lol😂 Kinda disappointed they disabled them and the 2 other haircuts but hey, at least the game doesn't make references to the cut fingerless gloves in missions or dialogue etc.

Official General

The gun effects and sounds, you can really feel the impact both as a perpetrator and victim of gunfire. The very realistic re-creation of NYC and the way it feels in the game.

ClaudeIzABadAzz

Oh without a doubt the driving physics. Without a damn doubt. Those physics never get old.

KGBeast

The fact Niko, Johnny, and Luis all have different animations, weights, speed, etc. Michael, Franklin, and Trevor share animations for virtually everything outside of their basic walking animations. They don't really play like different characters as a result.

Along those lines the two episodes also changed fonts, text colors, HUD colors, pause menu colors, text effects (Grunge in TLAD, sparkles in TBOGT). Switching between the characters actually gave the impression of different perspectives, different experiences. I was very disappointed they couldn't bother to differentiate between the three characters in V.

What a joke Sarwar claimed V was three games in one in that interview.

Neon_Dreaming

The fact Niko, Johnny, and Luis all have different animations, weights, speed, etc. Michael, Franklin, and Trevor share animations for virtually everything outside of their basic walking animations. They don't really play like different characters as a result.

Along those lines the two episodes also changed fonts, text colors, HUD colors, pause menu colors, text effects (Grunge in TLAD, sparkles in TBOGT). Switching between the characters actually gave the impression of different perspectives, different experiences. I was very disappointed they couldn't bother to differentiate between the three characters in V.

What a joke Sarwar claimed V was three games in one in that interview.

That's a great point. The base game and the two dlc's really felt like separate entity's. You see Liberty City from an immigrants perspective with Niko, an outsider becoming involved in the seedy criminal underbelly of a completely new environment.

With Johnny you get to experience a very personal gangland feud with the AoD. A different side of the criminal underworld. Where your associates aren't just that, they are your brothers.

And with Luis you have the glitz and glamour of the Liberty night life intertwined with crime as Tony looking for a lifeline becomes involved with the mob and other undesirables

It's a testament to the quality of the writing that in each instance Liberty City has it's own distinct vibe and atmosphere.

albanyave

One of the most satisfying things about the game would have to be the random pedestrian encounters. Niko has a story to tell but we as players get to see an entire spectrum of people living in Liberty. Remember Jeff and Eddie? How about Marnie and Mel? And who can forget Gracie? The game is so complete that it almost feels real. If you let your mind go, you can make yourself a random ped with your own story to tell. Add the soundtrack and amazing detail makes a wonderful experience.

So satisfying.

TommyPayne123

The heavy and cumbersome feel of the vehicles. And the feeling of strong impact when firing bullets.

KingD19

The Realism of the game it feels more realistic the n gta 5 even.I was driving today and seen somebody getting pulled over on the freeway peds cannot hit you in front of a police or they would get arrested everybody has their own story in gta 4 like literally almost every ped has a deep side story

Your friends getting upset that you haven't called them in a while like Brucie I never ever call brucie but I called him to go help riding and he was like "it must be the juices because I thought you forgot about me"

The internet is also fun to be on for a long time I spend a lot of time just reading profiles online in gta 4 liberty city is so huge that no character is the main focus of the city you know like how in gta 5 or other gtas after a while its like the entire city knows you? It's multiple celebrities even Katt Williams haves shows in liberty City and he's not even the main focus

Shakermaker

The city environment. The best thing about it.

TakeshiSantos

The characters and the storyline. Along with TLaD and TBoGT, the characters are memorable and interesting, and the connected stories make it even more interesting.

Gnocchi Flip Flops

I finally have IV, vanilla IV. I haven't been able to play this game since mid-2016 til my disc drive quit. I hadn't properly played it care-free without lag since February 2016. I got TBoGT back in March, but it's never been my favorite IV.

Immediately the most satisfying thing upon returning is that incredibly diverse and overall amazing soundtrack. So much diversity and so many quality tracks. It's great.

Hilariously, the most controversial thing about IV is what I immediately find most welcoming. Those tones, that draw distance. The atmosphere. It's so real and hasn't changed a bit. This is really one of those games that I can play, quit, and come back to and feel comfortable. Nostalgia is there but it ain't overwhelming and I quickly get back into the groove of playing the game.

This whole game has been satisfying thus far. I'm only on like the 5th mission and everything is great. It helps that loading times are instant and there is no lag.

Payne Killer

This crazy motherf*cker, much more fun than Niko IMO.

Algonquin Assassin

This crazy motherf*cker, much more fun than Niko IMO.

giphy.gif

Welcome back btw. :^:

Edited by Algonquin Assassin

anthony

Yeah welcome back! Where have you been? lmao!

OT: It's gotta be Liberty City and the NPCs, everything feel so much alive.

eCola

The multiplayer -- it's simple fun and it's undoubtedly timeless. At least it doesn't need sh*t like this hunk of junk:

Algonquin Assassin

It's been a few years since I played GTA IV's multiplayer, but times were much simpler. Everytime you started the game you weren't hit in the face with multiplayer related loading screens like GTAO and probably the biggest thing is single player in GTA IV was never compromised as a result.

I miss the simplistic yet highly addicting multiplayer of GTA IV and even RDR, but R*don't care when they make billions from Shark Cards.

Edited by Algonquin Assassin

B Dawg

GTA Online is all quantity and zero quality control, combined with the poor core gameplay of V. You can give it a thousand updates, but they'll all end up making it worse each time. I'll stick to the superior multiplayers of IV and TLAD, meanwhile everyone else can have fun contracting brain cancer on GTA:O. With Niobium and Drunken Cowboy were on TLAD instead of GTA:O lol.

Edited by B Dawg

rampage08

The multiplayer -- it's simple fun and it's undoubtedly timeless. At least it doesn't need sh*t like this hunk of junk:

Yeah, back then my online days were filled with 90% free roam deathmatch, and it was so fun and simple, no need to worry about money and stuff.

KGBeast

GTA Online is all quantity and zero quality control, combined with the poor core gameplay of V. You can give it a thousand updates, but they'll all end up making it worse each time. I'll stick to the superior multiplayers of IV and TLAD, meanwhile everyone else can have fun contracting brain cancer on GTA:O. With Niobium and Drunken Cowboy were on TLAD instead of GTA:O lol.

This is what I've always felt. IV at times sacrificed flash for substance. V is all flash, very little substance.

Piggsy pls

I don't even understand why they bothered bringing back the jetpack at this point, it's actually useless compared to all the other weird sh*t they've released in the game like flying rocket cars and bikes.

rampage08

I don't even understand why they bothered bringing back the jetpack at this point, it's actually useless compared to all the other weird sh*t they've released in the game like flying rocket cars and bikes.I wonder how's the Jetpack handling lol.

Piggsy pls

I don't even understand why they bothered bringing back the jetpack at this point, it's actually useless compared to all the other weird sh*t they've released in the game like flying rocket cars and bikes.
I wonder how's the Jetpack handling lol.I tried it in SP with mods and it feels clunky IMO.

Algonquin Assassin

San Andreas fanboys have to be catered for. They’ve been crying for the bloody thing for the last 4 years.

anthony

You still need a goddamn mod to have it in SP, and a PC or CG console to even have a simple glimpse, nice.

Tony Montana98
Posted (edited)

The cars

I hate driving on GTA IV it's fúcking weird, and so hard.

It's just really bad.

Edited by Tony Montana98

ProKiller93

The cars

I hate driving on GTA IV it's fúcking weird, and so hard.

It's just really bad.

wrong topic