Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,470 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
REXX

REXX's Puzzles [PS4]

REXX

Hello to the GTA Forums community again! You may have already recognized a few of my other threads in the Creator section such as my Photography Sets and Stunt Races.

In 2014 I began experimenting with Captures in the Creator. Only recently I came across an old project from my PS3 days which caught my attention. It was a hardly finished puzzle-like Capture. I decided to finish it (which took around 3 weeks). I believe it is a completely new way to look at Captures which is why I have decided to "try" and publish a new puzzle every month here on the forums for the community to figure out.

NOTES/RULES

- The puzzles are mainly meant to be played with friends to prevent conflicts.

- I would appreciate it if you DO NOT post the steps (or possible shortcuts) if you figure out the puzzle. The post will be deleted if done so.

- I have some puzzles in mind that will make use of the Transform Creator once it is released.

To begin things, here's the very first puzzle!

CRYPTIC CONSTRUCTION

2_2.jpg

Game Mode: Capture - Contend

Players: 2 - 4

There's a case full of money on top of a construction site, the only problem is getting to it. Players must make their way up to the case by making use of their surroundings. Search for orange cones in certain areas to get clues on how to progress. If you die, you will respawn at the bottom and will have to make your way back up. So be careful! You have 30 minutes to complete the puzzle. A fun and challenging capture for friends. CREATOR'S TIP: Certain objects can be lifted with Forklifts.

Link:

http://rsg.ms/903edcd

Good luck and enjoy! :)

UPDATE: Fixed a few issues, edited description and made certain sections easier to figure out :)

Edited by REXX

JuniorChubb

Looks like a nice idea Rexx...

I really like the idea of taking what R* has given us and making something different from your average Capture. My only concern is accidentally producing something that falls into that dreaded 'Parkour $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ insane RP' category. I have tried a few things but rarely finish them as I prefer making races.

Gonna fire it up now and run through it with my son, I hope my Zelda puzzle solving experience will give me the edge over his Run 'n Gun abilities. :lol:

REXX

:D hopefully you don't end up killing each other! Its mainly for friends to prevent the killing :p Work together if you have too :p

TheLordMarvel

You gotta do like some Parkour stuff to get the money? I'm in!! Definitely will download it. It'll help with my need to play AC: Origins. On an unrelated note, Banks in the UK are slow as f*cking sh*t!!! Lol. -

REXX

You gotta do like some Parkour stuff to get the money? I'm in!! Definitely will download it. It'll help with my need to play AC: Origins. On an unrelated note, Banks in the UK are slow as f*cking sh*t!!! Lol. -

Yes, in a way. Its more of an explore around/trial and error kind of theme. In fact, Cryptic Construction was inspired by a certain mission from a Tomb Raider game :p

PwnageSoldier

Awesome!

However, I do suggest adding the occasional enemy with a knife, being unarmed or a pistol. Might be fun, just saying.

JuniorChubb

Played the Capture through last night, two of us working as a team. It was enjoyable and I am glad we gave it a go.

Constructive feedback in the spoiler in case it gives away any clues...

• I found I could cheat and climb some of the blocked ladders on my first attempt, however once I died and re-spawned I could not get up them.
  • The jumps are just the right distance that you can make them comfortably without pixel perfect jumping.
  • My son is convinced you can jump from the crane down to the bag, somehow he had a parachute and nearly made it.
  • I really liked the 'escape' once you had the bag.
  • Once we got the bag we became enemies and it was easy to camp at the capture zone, it might be an idea to put it closer to the exit.
  • Not sure on its replay value once you have found the bag.

Thanks for sharing the job Rexx, I really liked the idea. It is frustrating that the dynamic props interact with the players and environment so badly otherwise there would be scope for something more interactive, however this capture might well inspire me next time I hit a blank in creator.

REXX

Played the Capture through last night, two of us working as a team. It was enjoyable and I am glad we gave it a go.

Constructive feedback in the spoiler in case it gives away any clues...

• I found I could cheat and climb some of the blocked ladders on my first attempt, however once I died and re-spawned I could not get up them.
  • The jumps are just the right distance that you can make them comfortably without pixel perfect jumping.
  • My son is convinced you can jump from the crane down to the bag, somehow he had a parachute and nearly made it.
  • I really liked the 'escape' once you had the bag.
  • Once we got the bag we became enemies and it was easy to camp at the capture zone, it might be an idea to put it closer to the exit.
  • Not sure on its replay value once you have found the bag.

Thanks for sharing the job Rexx, I really liked the idea. It is frustrating that the dynamic props interact with the players and environment so badly otherwise there would be scope for something more interactive, however this capture might well inspire me next time I hit a blank in creator.

Thanks for the feedback!

There are many methods to get up (probably some I haven't even found yet!), your son using the crane was very clever! The only thing that comes to mind why he had the parachute was maybe weapons was set to Owned. There isn't any right or wrong way to get up, so whatever way you try to get up successfully essentially becomes another method to get up :D

Glad you appreciate the jumping sections! Took some time to get'em right :p Camping at the start may be an issue when not playing with friends/family however the whole capture was designed mainly to be played friendly (in other words, someone has to lose :p).

Regarding replay value, unfortunately its something that can't be fixed unless I redesign the whole thing everyday :(

I will definately take a look at the ladders, thanks for pointing it out!

All in all, glad you enjoyed it and took the time to play it!! :D