3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Kevin Spacey Accused of Assaulting Then 14 y/o Star Trek Actor

theGTAway

It was 30 years ago. He was young and drunk. The way I see it, he handled this situation well. That is a classy apology.

Handled it well? He scooped the kid over his shoulder like a bag of sand and got on top of him. This statement is about as classy as a simulated sex act in a school playground.

It was 30 years ago. He was young and drunk. The way I see it, he handled this situation well. That is a classy apology.

Handled it well? He scooped the kid over his shoulder like a bag of sand and got on top of him. This statement is about as classy as a simulated sex act in a school playground.

If more people come out with similar allegations then f*ck Kevin Spacey. If not, then it's just something that he did when he was drunk 30 years ago.

He can't remember, but he procautionary mentions that he must've been drunk. Nice that the "I was drunk" excuse is still a thing. We can only hope that he won't submit himself into rehab with big publicity and comes out as a "reformed" sinner.

I don't care that much about the hypocritical parallel universe called Hollywood, but I don't know yet if this whole charade is a good or bad thing.

ps: with charade I don't want to belittle the horrible stuff the victims have been/are going through, but the way Hollyood and the media acts regarding these scandals.

it's time to seriously reevaluate my relationship with Hollywood...

next you're going to tell me that Tom Hanks is serial rapist with a slave dungeon.

nothing is sacred.

• Like 3

I don't know if this is irony, but I'd call it a "classic" apology, not "classy". When the figures of the entertainment industry hit the rock bottom, they are fond of victimizing drugs and alcohol. We should name this tricky tactic already... Andy Dick Defense, maybe?

This could be a shenanigan, sure but the way how Spacey made his statement strenghtens the possibility that this actually happened. This came as quite shocking though, no lying. I really enjoy Spacey's acting and from what I've seen, he has been a jolly fellow. However, I know better than to deny it, and dismiss the whole thing to whiten it up because I want to believe in something different. I'm not saying that Spacey is definitely a sexual predator, but his Tweeter statement suggests so. Well, Hollywood is such a glitzy sh*thole, and I wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be true.

nothing is sacred.

Exactly. That's the lesson to be learned.

Edited by Rebel Yell

Was this also some 'in plain sight' thing?

When Anthony Rapp was 14,Kevin Spacey was 30,so I don't think that 'I was drunk' really works. I like Spacey's acting but if some regular unknown 30 year old guy assaulted 14 year old boy he would be dragged straight to jail,with out hesitations.

Edited by acmilano
  • Like 2

He always sounded like a snob to me. One of my brother's friends was an extra on House of Cards, and he tried to talk to him and all he said back was "I don't talk to extras".

House of Cards filming now shut now indefinitely. Must be more to come. Ironic with that shows title a big sh*t show is about to hit Hollywood.

Yikes!!!

More people coming out with allegations towards the Spacester, a lot from the Old Vic theater in London where he was artistic director

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2017/nov/01/old-vic-accused-of-ignoring-sexual-misconduct-by-kevin-spacey

What the f*ck Kevin man!?!? you were one of my favorites

Edited by That Guy There

What I think is really sad is that try as I might to be objective and open-minded about it... I can't help but have more resentment against Anthony Rapp for ruining my favorite actor, when realistically, moralistically, I should be more concerned about Anthony Rapp having to experience that. It's a weird feeling, because in a sense it's like feeling the loss of Spacey's character is more of a personal tragedy to me than the trauma Rapp endured. I think that precisely is what makes people able to deny and make excuses for this kind of stuff.

Anyway, I guess it really does speak to Spacey being a "good" actor, he fooled all of us, and even now I have a tough time believing he's that f*cked up of a person. But I mean, can't let personal opinions stand in the way of him objectively being a scum bag. I just feel bad that I feel more sad about Spacey's career being ruined, than the fact all those young men were treated that way by him. I think that's the truly f*cked up part. I have to willfully remind myself he's just an actor, his characters aren't real, but he hurt real people.

I think it's easy to understand... I mean, we let actors into our lives in a certain extent, to play roles that become dear to us. So even though we have no personal attachment to people like Kevin Spacey, there's more of a figment of personal attachment because of the roles they've played. So when you have someone come along and tell a very true story that frames the attacker who played your favorite roles as something that you couldn't have imagined they were, automatically your mind has more invested in preserving the image of the attacker than in hearing the grievances of the victim they hurt. f*cked up piece of psychology in my opinion, because it makes it way too easy to blame the victim.

I think it's easy to understand... I mean, we let actors into our lives in a certain extent, to play roles that become dear to us.... f*cked up piece of psychology in my opinion, because it makes it way too easy to blame the victim.

speak for yourself :pp

this is a problem with society. and our so-called vapid "culture."

we place way too much importance and attention on celebrities and actors (and professional athletes, for that matter). we let them preach to us. we let them tell us about the important of eating our vegetables while they stuff themselves with dessert. we place them on pedestals. we try to make them into role models. this is all bullsh/t.

I've never made this connection in my head.

I accept that these people entertain me and can bring some fleeting joy into my life through their work, but I never mistake the character for the actor. I never conflate their work with their personality. just because someone plays the part of a smooth / cool / intelligent character on the big screen doesn't mean they have ANY of those qualities in real life.

we treat these celebrities like they're gods on Earth.

and then we act all surprised when they start behaving like the rules don't apply to them :sui:

we need to realize that actors and people on TV are not special and their sh/t stinks just like everybody else.

Edited by El Diablo
  • Like 4

Piece of sh*t, trying to mask the paedophilia as a coming out story. Talk about spitting in the face of other gay men pulling that sh*t.

Hollywood the Paedo Machine.

• Like 1

we place way too much importance and attention on celebrities and actors (and professional athletes, for that matter).

Who's "we"?

we let them preach to us.

Who's "we"?

we let them tell us about the important of eating our vegetables while they stuff themselves with dessert.

Who's "we"?

we place them on pedestals.

Who's "we"?

we try to make them into role models. this is all bullsh/t.

Who's "we"?