Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums! (92,363 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
GroveStreetOG92

Why isn't the Varrio Los Aztecas turf highlighted in Turquoise? [PS2]

GroveStreetOG92

I never understood why they don't have visible colored areas like Families,Ballas and Vagos. Is their anyway to get their areas visible like the other 3 so I can compete in the Gang wars against them? Let me know. Thanks.

Light Syde Riandy

You can't invade them because Cesar and Kendl become a couple later on as you progress through storyline, but I agree that their turfs should be highlighted on the game map.

nader91

the only time their turf was "highlighted" was right before end of the line where you had to conquer multiple turfs in order to start the mission... the vagos had it occupied

Big_Smiley

I don't think the Aztecas were ever meant to have a colored territory at all. I've done the gang terrtitory glitch on my Ps2 and the the only ones shown are GSF,Ballas, and Vagos. In some cases SFR colored map shows in SF.

SMACKED!

The antepenultimate mission could of been to take over few territories from the Vagos for the Aztecas and mark LS both green and turqouise instead of all green but then the Aztecas and GSF relationship would have to be deeper and not just be "ok" with each other.

Plus, in the pre-release version of the game you had the possibility to recruit VLA members.

Edited by SMACKED!

AzelfandQuilava

Originally, you were meant to be able to recruit/interact positively with Aztecas members. However R* presumably didn't finish it all in time, I suppose maybe they had trouble making the player-gang relationship data change after the Cesar missions.

So in the final game, while CJ can't invade their turf (or even view on the map) he can still go over there and aggro them.

Evil empire

I suppose CJ would have had the ability to conquer the Aztecas' turf if they were highlighted since he doesn't belong to their gang.

Since the Aztecas and Grove street gang are allies this would break the immersion which is why the Aztecas' territories don't appear in the map IMO.

Big_Smiley

I suppose CJ would have had the ability to conquer the Aztecas' turf if they were highlighted since he doesn't belong to their gang.

Since the Aztecas and Grove street gang are allies this would break the immersion which is why the Aztecas' territories don't appear in the map IMO.

In the final game they aren't really allies since R* changed it a bit. Yes Ceaser is an OG of the Aztecas and carl an OG of Grove street and they get along well through out the story eventually becoming friends at the end but that never changed the fact that the gangs themself were allies. Aztecas hates grove ST has much Grove hates them. I wish a few things stayed during the beta stages of SA, cause of i'm correct you could recruit the Aztecas aswell in the beta SA.

I mean if two G's from two different gangs eventually became good friends why couldn't each gang become allies? R* kinda screwed that part during the beta changes.

Audi

This ^

The regular cholos from VLA are negative towards CJ and any OGF they come across and vice versa. Only Cesar and CJ get along (and the mission where you take back Aztecas hood from Vagos you get along with other VLA veteranos). I think its left out just as a "mutual respect" thing.

Big_Smiley

This ^

The regular cholos from VLA are negative towards CJ and any OGF they come across and vice versa. Only Cesar and CJ get along (and the mission where you take back Aztecas hood from Vagos you get along with other VLA veteranos). I think its left out just as a "mutual respect" thing.

It would have been fun to recruit both gangs. Having a mixture of families and aztecas crusing in a lowrider :cool: Kinda sucks R* left that out. Both gangs aren't allies either way. If any Azteca member walks pass by Grove ST members they start dissing each other and calling names eventually leading one of the gangs taking action and fighting back or one of them is quick enough to pull out a pistol and blast them till their dead.

The only difference is that Aztecas and the Vagos give CJ a chance to go away while dissing him unlike the ballas which shoot CJ on sight for being a Grove ST member and want him dead right away. You had to watch your back if you were going into another gang territory because either way you would end up getting shot at for being from a different set. Haha SA is definitely still my favorite gta. Always loved the thug gangsta theme :pp

Edited by GTA_The_Series

Evil empire

The VLA's behavior maybe comes from a flaw in the AI programing or in the scripting.

Or perhaps Rockstar thought the player would get bored after conquering all the territories so he made the VLA rather hostile and able to begin turf conflicts so the game remains interesting.

Simply_Wasted

This ^

It would have been fun to recruit both gangs. Having a mixture of families and aztecas crusing in a lowrider :cool: Kinda sucks R* left that out. Both gangs aren't allies either way. If any Azteca member walks pass by Grove ST members they start dissing each other and calling names eventually leading one of the gangs taking action and fighting back or one of them is quick enough to pull out a pistol and blast them till their dead.

The only difference is that Aztecas and the Vagos give CJ a chance to go away while dissing him unlike the ballas which shoot CJ on sight for being a Grove ST member and want him dead right away. You had to watch your back if you were going into another gang territory because either way you would end up getting shot at for being from a different set. Haha SA is definitely still my favorite gta. Always loved the thug gangsta theme :pp

I was thinking the same thing. Every gang in LS aren't allies toward GSF. It's been a while since i played SA but i knew the only allies CJ has are his gang itself. Same with the gangs in SF. Edited by Simply_Wasted

KingD19

I wish it was a way in the ps2 version to wipe them out because When I had my pc and put a balla hood in they neighborhood on a accident and didn't notice until I drove through they hood and I noticed the ballas was on they ass on sight so I eventually took them out and after doing that one of the aztecas got out of their car and start let shooting at me with a 9mm every since that I'm now setting up shop with some of the families from the circle in ganton and bullying them it's all about respect on L.S cuz in seconds that sh*t can be took from you

Edited by KingD19