GTA Vice City Exception code: 0xc0000142

Cosmin_13

I have a GTA Vice City backup that I made when game worked good with mods, no crash. My pc automatically upgraded from Windows 8 to 8.1 and when I downloaded GTA Vice City backup, it doesn't work more, even if it used to work. Using event viewer, crash report shows this:

Faulting application name: gta-vc.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: d3d8.dll, version: 6.3.9600.18821, time stamp: 0x59ba8666
Exception code: 0xc0000142
Fault offset: 0x0009d4c2
Faulting process id: 0x1018
Faulting application start time: 0x01d34ce728d62e6f
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\GTA Vice City\gta-vc.exe
Faulting module path: d3d8.dll
Report Id: a62a1d3e-b8da-11e7-be82-208984639d43
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
I also tried to replace that d3d8.dll with original file, but then game starts and crashes during loadscreen. Could anyone help me?
More facts:
- I also deleted gta.set, not solved
- turned off dep, not solved
- turned on compatibility to XP, ME and 97, not solved
- launched as admin, not solved.
Edited by Cosmin_13

• 3 weeks later...

Causes of "0xc0000142"

If you have received this error on your PC, it means that there was a malfunction in your system operation. Common reasons include incorrect or failed installation or uninstallation of software that may have left invalid entries in your Windows registry, consequences of a virus or malware attack, improper system shutdown due to a power failure or another factor, someone with little technical knowledge accidentally deleting a necessary system file or registry entry, as well as a number of other causes. The immediate cause of the "0xc0000142" error is a failure to correctly run one of its normal operations by a system or application component.

• 6 years later...

I tried to load the first saved game but it froze and crashed in loading game please wait screen, please help me!

My Faulting module path is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\GTA Vice City\gta-vc.exe also too

• 2 weeks later...

My Faulting module path is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\GTA Vice City\gta-vc.exe also too, and it doesn't in my laptop anymore, please make it work again, help!