Anyone else taken an instant dislike to Arthur Morgan

Makingthequants

Arthur and John are obviously the best characters due to the improved graphics, the ability to portrait realistic facial expression really fleshed out the characters in RDR2.

This scene hit me in the feels.

Edited by Rusty James
  • Like 2

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
Sneaky Queeky

It's weird how many people said he was the most generic looking character they had ever seen until they played as him for 5 minutes. 

I always thought I saw a lot of presence in his face in all the bullshots. 

969d1f23ec0a6c46cfdd52bd1a0cc4474b8e1a51.jpg

• Like 4

The Tracker
On 8/29/2019 at 8:32 PM, Guest Guest176525326 said:

Nope. Arthur Morgan is a great Rockstar character, but he just falls short of the legends like Niko Bellic, Trevor Philips and John Marston

You already lost all your credibility with that take.  

• Like 3

Old Man With No Name
On 10/10/2017 at 10:39 AM, Bare said:

u want a game about killing and robbing and sh*t like that but u want the protagonist to be a nice friendly guy lol what

Hello, im coming from the future. RDR2 is released in my timeline. So yea, they somehow managed to do it. Arthur Morgan is killing and robbing but somehow he's got good heart and you can be nice guy in the story if your honor level is high

• Like 2

Buddy Hightower
On 3/20/2022 at 3:29 PM, The Tracker said:

You already lost all your credibility with that take.  

Trevor is my all time favorite rockstar character, so no.

• Like 1

The Tracker
13 minutes ago, Buddy Hightower said:

Trevor is my all time favorite rockstar character, so no.

He definitely doesn't compare with Arthur Morgan, not even by a mile. 

• Like 1

Buddy Hightower
17 hours ago, The Tracker said:

He definitely doesn't compare with Arthur Morgan, not even by a mile. 

Disagree. Trevor is just as much a crazy loon, as Arthur is a complex metal case.

• 2 years later...
MDowns9

It is a bad take in hindsight, but you felt how you felt at the time I guess. 

Cluckin Bell CEO

Funny how most people consider Arthur to be a much better character than John

Wonder if rdr 3 protag can top Morgan

squishyboithighs
4 hours ago, Cluckin Bell CEO said:

Funny how most people consider Arthur to be a much better character than John

Wonder if rdr 3 protag can top Morgan

I think I might be in the minority here but I kind of hope RDR3 stars adult Jack not long after the very end of RDR1

Peaveyftw

I thought Arthur was an asshole in the first 30 minutes of the game, but now he's one of my favorite characters of all time. I can't tell you how many times I've replayed the story.

Edited by Peaveyftw

Cluckin Bell CEO
On 6/13/2024 at 1:42 AM, squishyboithighs said:

I think I might be in the minority here but I kind of hope RDR3 stars adult Jack not long after the very end of RDR1

that would be too modern for a setting I think they will go back further in the past

• Like 1

Lemoyne outlaw
8 hours ago, Cluckin Bell CEO said:

that would be too modern for a setting I think they will go back further in the past

yes exactly. i think a jack game could be interesting. but not as a main red dead game. maybe as a smaller spin off though. but i feel like at that point you're getting close to the mafia series era. 

• Like 1

helloworld
6 hours ago, Lemoyne outlaw said:

yes exactly. i think a jack game could be interesting. but not as a main red dead game. maybe as a smaller spin off though. but i feel like at that point you're getting close to the mafia series era. 

They could make a game in South America with Sadie.

Cluckin Bell CEO
On 6/21/2024 at 4:43 AM, helloworld said:

They could make a game in South America with Sadie.

Nah Sadie was annoying. Rather have a game set before RDR 2 with young Charles as the protag

• Like 1

I agree with OP that he seemed like a huge asshole. "Maybe when your mother is done mouring your father, I'll keep her in black...".

I was still excited af to play him and wasn't let down.

Agent Edward

Just like people think that Jason is a simp for Lucia in GTA6, although he only says one word in the entire trailer lol.

i wish they kept original arthur instead. i really dislike initial release arthur's face. i was hyped for the game before it released and over time, i began to dislike the game more and more. mainly because there was too much that wasn't the same like the first red dead. i miss the skinning animation where you were looking up at john from the animal's view, i preferred that over what it is now, which is a clunky, slow mess. the game is very slow and sluggish and too much like gta 5. i can go on and on but the main issue is his face. he looked awesome in the second trailer, so sad they changed it up. even the clothes look better detailed, and the face looks cleaner and nicer in the trailer.

for gta 6, jason looks ok! the leaks made him look like one of those young f-boys of today's era with the backwards cap and young face. although the clothing does look okay, i guess, but the face jason has now wouldn't match him wearing backwards caps and dressing all sporty. he looks older, meaner, tougher, and trying not to draw attention with cops. looks scared sht-less and doesn't want to get busted. either for lucia because of the ankle monitor, or for him because he may have ties with police or something or other.... anyways, i liked original arthur better 😉

Arthur Beta.jpg