Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,973 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
GrudgefromSanAndreas

Best Website for a GTA "clone" project

GrudgefromSanAndreas

So there's a game project i want to realize called "Wicked Terror Facilities". It's already mentioned in my profile and even tho i said i might scrap it in favor of freelancing, it's rather uncertain as i could have time to do both after college.

So anyway i want to know which website creator is the best for my project, cause i want to have the whole site to be accessible only to those who have a link so it doesnt get (too) viral, pinned posts, being able to edit any post or page multiple times anytime and to add polls.

Here's a list of website builders i'm taking into account (but you can suggest other good ones):

• Angelfire
  • Blogger/Blogspot
  • Weebly
  • Wix (altho it's the last on my mind coz i dont like the way they advertised it on YT)
  • Wordpress (.com has a free version for students which could mean i can only post college/university/studying related stuff, but there's also the personal plan which isnt free but could suit me if i gain enough money via freelancing)

Also, about Wordpress.org, i took web design classes in which we installed the free downloadable pack along with MySQL and Apache, but this doesnt seem to work on my laptop, i tried everything except disabling/uninstalling Skype cause i was afraid the system would crash and i thought i might need it at some point in the future

uNi

Not sure what you mean by "gta clone site".

GrudgefromSanAndreas

Something like the concepts on GTA series section, but since this concept/project has nothing to do storywise with any GTA game, only borrowing gameplay elements, features and other stuff, i wanted to make my own website/blog where i can post info about WTF and i want only members of GTAF and eventually Saints Row and Just Cause forums to see it, but i'll put the link in my profile to avoid virality and overhype, so i have to make sure i can trust all GTA forumers that they wont make the link public for at least 15 years

K^2

You don't need to disable Skype. You just have to kill the application, because it uses port 80 for some stupid reason. Alternatively, you can just configure Apache to use a different port, like 81. Then you'd open the index page by going to http://localhost:81

If you are looking to run a very small website and have wired internet connection at home, you can buy cheap old PC and use it as a server running all your own stuff. It's a bit of extra IT work, but it's practically free.

In a similar vein, you can run a micro instance on GCloud or AWS for less than $5/mo. The amount of CPU power and storage you get with that is tiny, but it's enough to run Apache and SQL server for a small forum, as well as any other software you want, since it's basically just a Linux server.

Honestly, it's been a long while since I've seen free hosting service that's even worth bothering with.

GrudgefromSanAndreas

You don't need to disable Skype. You just have to kill the application, because it uses port 80 for some stupid reason. Alternatively, you can just configure Apache to use a different port, like 81. Then you'd open the index page by going to http://localhost:81

If you are looking to run a very small website and have wired internet connection at home, you can buy cheap old PC and use it as a server running all your own stuff. It's a bit of extra IT work, but it's practically free.

In a similar vein, you can run a micro instance on GCloud or AWS for less than $5/mo. The amount of CPU power and storage you get with that is tiny, but it's enough to run Apache and SQL server for a small forum, as well as any other software you want, since it's basically just a Linux server.

Honestly, it's been a long while since I've seen free hosting service that's even worth bothering with.

Tnx man, imma try with Wordpress

Inan-Ahammad

Wordpress will be best bro.On most cases.