Just a simple question

Camaro84

My game freezes in certain areas of the city! Y is this happening at first it wasn't bad but now i'm on the last mission(keep your friends close) and when I chase Lance onto the rooftop i freezes once I start shooting the people!! What can i Do? the games is brand new and has no scratches or dirt on it! PLZ HELP :sui:

PetsOvernight

I wish I could help you... does any of your other games freeze? If they do it's most likely your PS2 which means the laser thing is messed up, if now then you might have scatched a certain part of the disc unknowingly, or the game wasn't made right... I really have no idea... does it freeze at any other specific parts of the game? :(

I don't know whether a problem I used to have was the same as yours. When I used to go and do the tommy vercetti missions as soon as I crossed the border into the little pink square the game came up with a little translucent loading screen in the middle of the tv and my game froze.

I got rid of this problem by cleaning the disk. It just must have had dirt on the part of the disk that contained this mission.

Maby your disc has a error in the data or your Ps2 is just old! Try to chane the game!

Thnks, but I fould out this was happening because I used cheats in the game....guess I have to start a new file now.....Is there a way to un-corrupt a file

Thnks, but I fould out this was happening because I used cheats in the game....guess I have to start a new file now.....Is there a way to un-corrupt a file

I don't think will do that.  I recently put Vice back in and was playing my 100% file and I was going to Starfish Island from Washington Beach and as I hit the gates on the Washington Beach side a loading screen came up and the game froze.  It happened a second time but recovered.  I took it as the disc not reading right because of dirt.

edited for missing words, b*tch!

Try getting a local video game shop to repair either your PS2 or your GTA:VC disc

It worked for me and I feel like a million bucks-Maurice Chavez

But in all seriousness get it there fast or it might be damaged permanently

~Sabu999  :rampage: