3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

greenrock

Meet Arthur Morgan

greenrock

the fact that Arthur is the one that actually leads the Van Der Linde gang in the field, even though Dutch is the leader tells me that he respects Arthur alot

lyrhq5miis8hwvxxuj3p.jpg

Arthur front and center, Dutch to his left

tells me that Arthur must be quite the badass to get that privilege in Dutch's gang

PapasHota

But how do you know thats Arthur in the middle?

SeniorDerp

The hat, his tan coat open to a blue shirt.. maybe?

Dee.

Is the drought making us stupid?

tsycho

I think (/hope) PapasHota was trolling greenrock, because green always tries to troll this forum with his "You sure this is Arthur?"-thing.

DexMacLeod

the fact that Arthur is the one that actually leads the Van Der Linde gang in the field, even though Dutch is the leader tells me that he respects Arthur alot

​

Arthur front and center, Dutch to his left

tells me that Arthur must be quite the badass to get that privilege in Dutch's gang

It could be that or Dutch could send out scouts to find their next target to rob. Arthur could just be leading them to a score he's found.

Shaksprings

i feel like arthur would have a ' tombstone' kind of story. like he was a cowboy turned lawmen but he illegally killed someone and now is a outlaw,

BUT THE BENZ

arthur is the boss and the gang he runs is called "morgan's maggots"! after some time the maggots get mad though, and revolt against arthur.

and then dutch will be the boss, once the singleplayer campaign is through. he will eventually decide to call his crew the "van der linde" gang, or however we came to know it!

Ryan5252
On 9/28/2017 at 5:46 PM, Tonesta said:

Hard to imagine how they could write the story in such a way that he doesn't die....

I mean in RDR, Edgar Ross is dedicated to hunting down and wiping out the whole Van der Linde gang.

If Morgan was alive during the time of RDR, and still an outlaw, surely he would also have been on the list?

If Morgan was alive during the time of RDR, and had renounced the life of crime and/or betrayed the gang to work with Ross and the FBI - then surely Ross would've killed him anyway (just like John)?

Maybe he just moves to Canada?

My best guess - Morgan is going to start out as a no-nonsense badass outlaw, but is gradually going to start having doubts as Dutch and the other men start committing some serious atrocities. At the same time, he's going to become a mentor and father figure to the new young recruit into the gang, John Marston......eventually Dutch & co. are going to do something so awful that Morgan's going to turn against them, before sacrificing himself in some glorious fashion at the end of the game to save John's life and stop him following Dutch down the path to darkness.......

Do you play the lottery much? Probably should...

Tonesta
10 minutes ago, Ryan5252 said:

😁

I had forgotten I had posted that! Thank you, Ryan, for bumping and making me look smart for once on here.....

That being said....I'm not sure that it's me being a brilliant prognosticator, as much as the overarching story (in the light of RDR1) being just a little predictable.

Of course a lot of the details were anything but predictable.....with TB #1 on that list.

ThroatSlasher2
17 minutes ago, Tonesta said:

😁

I had forgotten I had posted that! Thank you, Ryan, for bumping and making me look smart for once on here.....

That being said....I'm not sure that it's me being a brilliant prognosticator, as much as the overarching story (in the light of RDR1) being just a little predictable.

Of course a lot of the details were anything but predictable.....with TB #1 on that list.

It's weird because the quote in the first trailer immediately made me think "Whoa, this sounds like it could be told to John." 

And damn, they weren't even hiding it! It's exactly that.

Vinewood Villain
2 hours ago, Ryan5252 said:

Honestly looking back, I didn't expect RDR2's story to be so predictable lol. Parts of it kinda felt fanfiction-ey with John's epilogue. 

Cutter De Blanc
Just now, Vinewood Villain said:

Honestly looking back, I didn't expect RDR2's story to be so predictable lol. Parts of it kinda felt fanfiction-ey with John's epilogue. 

We were offered happiness or two generations. We made our choice.

Vinewood Villain

You can tell there was an early draft to end Arthur's story in New Austin. The doctor told him to move somewhere warm, and there's some unused dialogue, journal sketches and even cutscene footage of Arthur in NA. It's plain obvious. I wish that was the actual ending. They could've landlocked Arthur in New Austin, and John in West Elizabeth and the rest of the RDR2 map. Make it so we could switch characters like in GTA V. It could be presumed that Arthur eventually died of his TB shortly before the events of RDR1, maybe somewhere between 1907-1911. That's why John doesn't have to go after him. 

John has no business being in New Austin in RDR2 lol. Canonically, he makes it as far as Pike's Basin when he goes there with Sadie. In RDR1, New Austin is a completely new territory to him. 

There's also unused dialogue for adult Jack. I have no idea what they were planning there, maybe a full on RDR1 remaster but they quickly dropped it for being too ambitious. Maybe the epilogue continued into a part 3, and skipped over the events of RDR1 through snapshots, and resumed with adult Jack just like the first game. Who knows. I hope the PC version give us some juicy beta files.

Edited by Vinewood Villain
spelling