1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

greenrock

Meet Arthur Morgan

GourangaMaster

lets hope theres a barber early on in game cuz i dont like his face

0DDhc5S.jpg

Hopefully this sexual Tyrannosaurus will still have his minigun and defeat the predator this time 'round.

and there isn't too many Slack Jawed fa**ots around.

Edited by GourangaMaster

AzBat360

Looks like Walt Longmire to me.

r8YjfAs.png

greenrock

Looks like Walt Longmire to me.

r8YjfAs.png

Arthur has gray hair it seems, or its greying

ThroatSlasher2

Yay for another generic white protag with a worse(forced) accent than the sh*t ones in Mafia 3

Yeah, the first thing that popped into my mind when I heard him talk was all those KKK clones from Mafia 3. Not a great first impression.

Also, I'm really hoping there's more to him, personality wise, than what we saw. Playing as a relentless douche bag for hours could get more grating then the accent.

why?

we already had the "noble criminal" cliche with John, i like the contrast with Arthur being a straight jackass

I don't know, that whole "I treat people like dirt cus' I can" mentality just rubs the wrong way. I certainly don't want to walk in the shoes of that personality for an entire game. He seems like the perfect character for a multiple protagonist game where you've got at least one other person to provide contrast and relief from all the negativity.

I mean, it was a minute and a half trailer so I'm by no means assuming we've seen everything the guy has to offer but Rockstar doesn't have a great track record when it comes to characters evolving over the course of a story.

I'm not saying the guy needs to be all sunshine and rainbows either. Just a glimpse of humanity in the trailer would have been nice.

Hopefully they bring back the Honor/Fame system from RDR and improve it.

It added a whole new layer to the game making John, who apparently sought redemption, be a merciless, cold killing outlaw, making Marston one hell of an hypocrite in the game.

We need more of that. But you never know, Franklin from GTA V looked like a hollow shell right from the get go and we ended up being right after all, the guy was a complete shadow.

Cutter De Blanc

I hope he's not a nice sympathetic character. It just seems right that he's a f*cking bastard debt collector jerk. Maybe they'll properly blur the lines about who the audience is really supposed to be rooting for

tonko

Arthur Morgan looks badass.

Fuzzknuckles

I love how people are able to form such rich, deep opinions of a character from about a minute's worth of context-less dialogue and clips.

Matrelith

From what I've seen in the trailer, he seems like a no nonsense badass. I'm definitely looking forward to play with him and I wonder how redemption will fit into his character. And for the people saying that he doesn't appear to be as likable as John, remember that John did bad stuff as well when he was part of Dutch's gang. These guys ain't no saints.

Big Molio

I hope we play generally as one protagonist. I don't like keep having to switch characters.

Just posted this in the trailer thread as to who he reminds me of...

b64141d7cc1826a8df0902fb017ed22e--bionic

Edited by Big Molio

Lock n' Stock

He definitely seems like more of a villainous type than Marston, but that for me is a good thing. As many have said, we'll wait and see.

Rucke

I have a feeling that his character will start off like he is in the trailer. Then as the story progress he will probably change more and more. I think that everybody in Dutch's gang will have some kind of interesting story arc.

Failure

'Arthur Morgan'.

What a lackluster name.

StJimmy

I love how people are able to form such rich, deep opinions of a character from about a minute's worth of context-less dialogue and clips.

This :cookie:

'Arthur Morgan'.

What a lackluster name.

"John Marston"

J O H N

laziest name.

They literally ripped his name from some poet https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Marston_(poet)

Fuzzknuckles

'Arthur Morgan'.

What a lackluster name.

And yet, so wonderfully era-appropriate. What were you expecting? Zarjazz Mcfantastif*ck?

Chamberpotcleanerman20

I tough guy with a sense of humor. Can't wait to tear it up with him!

Dee.

'Arthur Morgan'.

What a lackluster name.

And yet, so wonderfully era-appropriate. What were you expecting? Zarjazz Mcfantastif*ck?

Holy sh*t I'm in tears!

I was expecting lil uzi vert

MCMXCII

From what I've seen in the trailer, he seems like a no nonsense badass. I'm definitely looking forward to play with him and I wonder how redemption will fit into his character. And for the people saying that he doesn't appear to be as likable as John, remember that John did bad stuff as well when he was part of Dutch's gang. These guys ain't no saints.

I wonder if Arthur owes debts to someone and so he has to go around collecting debt from other people to pay off his own debt. That could be why he's so brutal other than just him being a mean shumbish. It could explain the Redemption part.

After thinking more about what I typed, I realised that that is what John sort of did in RDR1. He had to go capture. or kill. his "former brother in arms" to essentially clear his debt to society and get his family back. Of course, we all know what happens at the end.

Edited by jrl51592

Johnson Johnson

Nothing badass just looks like generic Lincoln Clay in the wild west

Holland_Hicks

I think we're going to be able to customize Arthur way more than John. His outfits seem really plain compared to John and he's lacking in the facial hair department, so hopefully barbers will be accessible in this game.

SmokesWithCigs

i bet you all will complain that he is too over the top and everything he does is for shock value . then he will do something deplorable like kill or rape a beloved character from a previous installment and then you wil collectively hate him like you hate trevor ha ha. :evilgrin:

Edited by SmokesWithCigs

Cutter De Blanc

I'm trying to put my finger on who he reminds me of from old cowboy movies. Maybe Frank, from Once Upon a Time in The West.

MisFit-138

i bet you all will complain that he is too over the top and everything he does is for shock value . then he will do something deplorable like kill or rape a beloved character from a previous installment and then you wil collectively hate him like you hate trevor ha ha. :evilgrin:

Aint gonna lie, if this starts with Red Harlow being gunned down by this guy, I will be pretty pissed off.

As for my feelings on this guy, maybe we're just looking at the first part of an epic redemption story.

HBKingJosh

Im thinking that Dutch had Two Gangs And Maybe Morgan was in Sislka Penitentary for most of johns time with the Gang. Morgan Maybe Just did his time in the Jail or Escaped. He reunites with His Group of dutches gang already on the run and Needing Money so He is thrust back into Robbing trains immediately. When Morgans group finnally meets up with Dutch instead of a big Warm Welcome This is When he is relagated to small task like Debt Collecting and leading to Dissension distrust until the events leading to John getting shot and the Groups permanently split . I think these events are happening While John has left the gang

DBrasco

Looks to be about the same age as John Marston in RDR1.

OfficialTwiggz

Guys. Theyre in a gang. They rob, steal, murder and kidnap for personal gain. Maybe theres a redemption at some point, but at this moment in time, Im okay with how hes playing out to be.

Chamberpotcleanerman20

'Arthur Morgan'.

What a lackluster name.

Who the f*ck cares how lame his name sounds? That doesn't make a difference at all on how good he's going to be as a protagonist.

Zello

I'm happy that he's a real outlaw he accepts who he is and right now he isn't trying to change. Maybe at the end the story will show him transform into a different person. My only complaint about John's story in RDR was that it was about a former Outlaw changing his ways. I didn't want him to be a former Outlaw I wanted him to be a wanted man on the run! Now we get to have that experience.

Edited by Zello

OfficialTwiggz

'Arthur Morgan'.

What a lackluster name.

Who the f*ck cares how lame his name sounds? That doesn't make a difference at all on how good he's going to be as a protagonist.

Maybe Blaze Steel or Johnny KaBoom wouldve worked for him.

Arthur Morgan seems like a fairly common, decent name. Then again, like in real life, you cant choose your name. Soooo. I cant see this game turning super hero and saving the town. Arthur works for me lol

Johnson Johnson

One of the meaning of Redemption according the dictionary

recovery by payment, as of something pledged. seems like is what he is doing in the trailer

TheDon1223

Ok yeah he's definitely a completely different character to John, but is that such a bad thing? Weren't we all looking for a more badass protagonist this time around?

Is he gonna be the sole protagonist that we've all asked for a million times? Maybe. Maybe not. Rockstar are known to mislead in their trailers. (Hell, one of the first rdr trailers had me thinking John Marston was played by Mr McFarlane...) But one thing I do know, if he is the sole protagonist, at least he's a badass one at that.

When we play as Arthur arent we all gonna cast him as the outlaw we want him to be anyway? Remember, the character is a only the badass you depict him as.