3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

greenrock

Meet Arthur Morgan

Fernando_Martinez

He really does look sexy with that moustache!

Rucke

DXs8GobH.jpgWrtu6UR.jpg

ear looks the same

Yeah it's him. They look almost identical.

icecoldkilla1467

He looks alot like Nathan Drake imo

Edited by icecoldkilla1467

Rucke

What was the name of the actor again? Clarke something?

joshua969

What was the name of the actor again? Clarke something?

Roger Clark

Meekail

He reminds me alot of Nathan Drake

Well he is called Morgan.

Nutduster

It's rockstar games, so he's gonna probably turn out to be much more interesting, but so far he looks really "generic" indeed. He should be skinnier or heavier and with memorable facial features. Now he looks like a male catalog model, but I'm sure there are customization options, like beards, hair, etc.

He looks pretty heavy to me. Not fat, but he seems very physically powerful compared to everyone he comes near in this new trailer. That's one aspect I like, it's kind of different; most GTA protagonists, and John Marston as well, were basically just average-sized guys. Morgan looks like he'll ruin your day in a fight.

I agree about the customization options, that stuff can go a long way to improving on a lackluster playable character. Just slapping a beard or a different outfit on a guy makes it more personal. I hope the customization is somewhat deeper than it was in RDR.

greenrock

many people on the web are saying that it sounds like Arthur has a Louisiana accent

hint towards a New Orleans or Southern setting in this game?

Indi

Huh. He went to the same University I went to for a year. How fun. (Roger Clark).

D9fred95

Anyone who's played Godfather 2, Arthur looks like the default character.

Ruin

Yay for another generic white protag with a worse(forced) accent than the sh*t ones in Mafia 3

Rockstar doesn't create video games and write stories based on your force diversity checklist, but instead choose on what they actually want to do

Dan Houser doens't have to answer to know one

Well said, I like that Rockstar doesnt force SJW bs in their games.

It's not about being "SJW", it's about something more complex than a generic bad guy. This was fine in GTA III back in 2001.

There's plenty of settings to establish a character from; generic outlaw is stale at this point. The Red Harlow looks eons more interesting even if you judge trailers side-by-side.

greenrock

Yay for another generic white protag with a worse(forced) accent than the sh*t ones in Mafia 3

Rockstar doesn't create video games and write stories based on your force diversity checklist, but instead choose on what they actually want to do

It's not about being "SJW", it's about something more complex than a generic bad guy. This was fine in GTA III back in 2001.

There's plenty of settings to establish a character from; generic outlaw is stale at this point. The Red Harlow looks eons more interesting even if you judge trailers side-by-side.

if Rockstar wants these types of protagonists in their game all the time, then there going to do it,they can do whatever the hell they want

Edited by greenrock

Johnson Johnson

Explain to me how he lifted up that man so easily, this sh*t looks like a hannah barbera cartoon

Cutter De Blanc

Seems like a right sh*thead. A man who can get things done. That accent is corny and over the top though.

"WHES AH MONEY!!?!!"

lefantome

I like the characters so far. The protagonist reminds me of Nathan Drake

TAFFER404

Glad they aren't going with John. Arthur seems rather generic, but I imagine RockStar are self aware of such thing, so it could be interesting. He reminds me a lot like Clint Eastwood, but with a larger chin.

Edited by SIXHOTLOADS

greenrock

It's important to remember that Arthur is a debt collector for Dutch's gang..he has to act tough,mean, even "evil" to people on the job

outside of that he is probably more sympathetic

Ruin

if Rockstar wants these types of protagonists in their game all the time, then there going to do it,they can do whatever the hell they want

And who's debating this? Terrible strawman.

otachi

He looks pretty cool when masked on.

98 in 1

not gonna lie, i'm stoked for new top notch greenrock threads more than RDR2 itself

cmichaelson

This is a clip from a movie with Roger clark. He's the blonde hair guy, Captain Weir.

Dick Justice

Lol at some of you saying Morgan doesn't have the emotional depth of Marston. How can you even compare them at this point? Way too small of a sample size.

ColePhelps

Arthur is thicc

Mach1bud

I think his accent is pretty good tbh, but hey what do I know, only lived in the south most of my life.

Gray-Hand

if Rockstar wants these types of protagonists in their game all the time, then there going to do it,they can do whatever the hell they wantRockstar actually have a pretty good track record when it comes to the ethnic and racial diversity of their protagonists. The GTA series have Chinese, African American, Hispanic and Jewish as main protagonists in the series. So if the Rockstar have decided to go with a white protagonist of Anglo/Welsh/Irish descent, it's probably for sound creative reasons rather than not being able to see think further than the standard brown haired stubbled generic action hero that otherwise overpopulate video games.

Dee.

The most intelligent thing youve said within the past few years.

But it would have been cool to play as a native :(

Holland_Hicks

Lol at some of you saying Morgan doesn't have the emotional depth of Marston. How can you even compare them at this point? Way too small of a sample size.

Seriously? I love Marston, but he has almost ZERO emotional depth. Not to mention it's way too early to tell.

confederatestatesgta

hi i just thought of an interesting theory. remember when john edgar and fordham get off the ship in red dead redemption? i heard a theory earlier that maybe arthur fled to canada. and thats why he wasent seen in rdr. so what if john and the others had just got back from taking out arthur. then they made him go to bill straight away. i know its probably far fetched but it was just something that came to my mind earlier.

ColePhelps

hi i just thought of an interesting theory. remember when john edgar and fordham get off the ship in red dead redemption? i heard a theory earlier that maybe arthur fled to canada. and thats why he wasent seen in rdr. so what if john and the others had just got back from taking out arthur. then they made him go to bill straight away. i know its probably far fetched but it was just something that came to my mind earlier.

I think it might be possible that he fled somewhere else.. its either that, he died or he's in jail or something.. just from the trailer he doesnt seem like the guy to pussy out and rat out his posse

MCMXCII

I have mixed feelings about the guy. I can't really formulate an opinion until I get my hands on the game and experience the story for myself. But I tell you what, I'm going to have to get use to the graphics after many playthroughs of RDR1.