Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,674 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

jaljax

What Gta Do You Think Had The Worst Storyline?

VVipeSide

I can't put any title pre San Andreas into the equation.

These titles are too focused on movies such as Scarface.

So the worst story had San Andreas. It was a fun game but c'mon...

Tenpenny is the main antagonist? Ryder and Smoke fakes?

CJ is a mass murderer...of cops too and he wouldn't even dare to put a bullet to tenpenny's temple?

Am Shaegar

Tenpenny being an antagonist, and Ryder/Smoke ..err..faking? = Worst story? What is the logic in that reason to pick SA for the topic?

Also, I didn't know CJ was a mass murderer because nowhere in the internet has anyone mentioned those murders, ever. I think you are confusing the muders committed by the players with CJ.

Regarding Tenpenny, the game makes it very clear. CJ doesn't get rid of Tenpenny until he get his brother out of jail. CJ still did make Tenpenny realise on a number of occassions what kind of an asshole he was, unlike Niko agreeing to become Francis bitch just because Francis knew of Niko's criminal activity. What a reason to work! :lol:

The fact that Niko eventually kills him, if the player chooses to side with Derrick, shows the reason of working for Francis was another pointless errand to stretch the story lacking any direction or focus to begin with.

Edited by Am Shaegar

RetroMystic

unlike Niko agreeing to become Francis bitch just because Francis knew of Niko's criminal activity. What a reason to work! :lol:

The fact that Niko eventually kills him, if the player chooses to side with Derrick, shows the reason of working for Francis was another pointless errand to stretch the story lacking any direction or focus to begin with.

I agreed with you up until this point. You realise Francis was the chief of police. He had Niko by the balls and the only way Niko wouldn't get pinned for the crimes he committed was if he did contract work for Francis? It's made pretty clear that Niko's objective, aside from tracking down Darko, was making money.

At the end of the day Niko made his money from Francis so what reason would he have to keep him alive aside from the ability to call off the police?

Edited by RetroMystic

Am Shaegar

The point is simple. If Niko can kill him later then what was stopping Niko from refusing to work for Francis in the beginning? Niko's criminal activities are no secret for anyone to not realise about his crimes.

Every mobster or criminal out there has a record that the police officers have knowledge of. There's an in-game police record as well, which Niko uses to play vigilante missions. If Niko didn't commit worse crimes in the past, and wasn't in the role of hire-gun man, but pretty much naive, out of power or any help like CJ who actually had no choice, not only because he had to protect his brother, but he wasn't someone who murders people on a whim for money, nor was he interested in that job of killing people by being a hired gunman, then it'd have made sense for Niko's character to have no choice but to agree with whatever Francis wants him to do.

It's also silly how Francis can be easily blackmailed later, if the player chooses to spare him, just because Niko realises that Francis is a crook hiding behind his badge and a reputation, and Francis is like...I have no choice?!?

I mean, this guy is trying to become the Commissioner of Police, who has a history of tackling many criminals, and claims to have assassinated various crooks and drug dealers, is eventually left with no option but to be used by Niko in helping him to remove the heat whenever Niko makes a phone call?

So, it's impossible for the Police Commissioner Francis to eliminate Niko, because the whole police department will believe whatever Niko claims without any evidence, since Niko has already killed those who had any evidence against Francis's corruption, and had nothing but only empty threats, unlike Francis who could have still used his position to keep Niko silent.

If Niko kills Francis, then there was absolutely no point in working for him to begin with.

Oh, and don't get me started how Francis character was nothing special, nor different, from the officer Tenpenny's character. It's the exact, copy/pasted job here. Including the missions, are exactly the same, more or less, which is another reason for not liking this story by not offering some new twists, or characters that we haven't experienced before.

The whole Francis arc in the game lacks complete sense and logic to make it worth considering for including his character in the story, esp., there's a repetition on the same lines through The Contact's character, again Niko agreeing to work for a corrupt agent or whatever, but at the least, the reason ties with the plot, if it helps to track down Darko.

Edited by Am Shaegar

Mocozmo

We all most agree that it was Gta V that game was just made for the Online play, I'm I wrong.

xXxKAMIKAZExXx

GTA V in my opinion. Franklin felt out of place of Michael and Trevor's story. Michael and Trevor could have killed eachother in so many occasions, but didn't. Trevor harps on about friendship while murdering innocent people. Johnny getting killed off so soon, The Lost MC, Ballas and Los Santos Triads playing little to no role, the main antagonists not even being that bad, the heists being more clumsy than fun, the unrealistic dialogue, too many pop culture references, having a very short story, having pointless alternative endings and so much more.

Hmmm nice bike

Johnny getting killed off

This was totally unnecessary. And I'm not even that much of a TLAD fanboy (I would have been more disappointed if it was Niko in Johnny's place), but honestly, it felt like such a cheap and lame way to try to prove that Trevor was "badass" or "scary." And it didn't work, because his character is a complete joke. He was less like the psychopath that they tried to market him as and more like a rejected Jackass cast member who turned to drugs.

Overall, I think V had the worst story in the entire series. It was too short for the amount of protagonists it had (only 69 missions between 3 guys? And some of the heist prep ones were pretty much "Pick up a boiler suit....MISSION COMPLETE" and I can't see how anyone can complain about some of IV's missions being pointless filler after that sh*t). The antagonists were also pretty lame. Steve Haines and Devin Westin were basically just douchebags, and then I completely forgot about Stretch and Wei Chang. I just felt that the story itself was not as well written as IV's.

Shinola Gamer

I don't know why all the hate to GTA V right now, I remember when it firs't launched everybody was fascinated with the story and characters.

Personally I loved GTA V story it was unique and different, it didn't take it to seriusly and they're was a lot of fun between the character's chemistry.

Well on topic, For me Liberty City Stories had the worts story...

Edited by Shinola Gamer

gtafaninwest

V