2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Coin

Official Xbox One Topic

trip

Hey!  I have mouse keyboard support now.  Gonna test it out.  The preview program quest is to play some Warframe with kb/m.  Neat.

I've never fully adapted to a controller since I was exclusively PC up until late in the 360's cycle.  Like my GTA IV experience was all PC.  V was the first GTA I played on console at release.

I need mouse keyboard to survive.  Honest.  Even then it's not like I'm any good. :)

e:

Xbox with mouse keyboard!  Holy sh*t!  Game changer for me.  This is great.  Feels right.  Feels great!

Edited by trip

Dealux

They need to implement it with games like Halo. Wtf even is Warframe?

trip

I don't know what Warframe is, but it felt great to run around and shoot with WASD and a mouse.  I only did the first segment to satisfy the preview program quest.  I think it is some sort of MMO or shared world type of space game.

I tried GTA V to see if maybe it was supported - no luck.  I have yet looked for a list of what games support it as of today.

Dealux

B06jgU5.png

Welp, f*ck everything else in my life.

Edit: If your game hangs upon install don't turn off your console immediately. I bricked my console by doing that. Had to factory reset.

Edited by Dealux

Commander S

November's Games with Gold lineup is solid:

Been on the fence about Battlefield 1 for a while (not really my kind of game, but I'd heard some good things about the story missions), but it's hard to pass up at that price! ;)

(btw, if you want the Premium Pass for BF1, it's also free with Gold at the moment - you've got maybe 10 hours before it goes back to more like £40, though!)

Edited by Commander S

Flachbau

BF1 is pretty fun. I had been playing it via EA Access but canceled my subscription like a week ago. Certainly a pleasant surprise lol

trip

Hey...anyone else get the message from Xbox live reminding you how to quit a game so as to maximize your 10 hour Battlefield V trial?  I'm in the alpha program so I never know what is broken and what is suppose to happen.  Ha

Funny since Battlefied isn't out let alone a trial.  Do you suppose that means we'll see a 10 hour trial of BF V?  I tend to do stupid things and buy everything day 1.  I'm willing to wait it out for a 10 hour trial.  Heck, 10 hours might be all I need.

*looks like ya need an EA membership too.

Having imgur issues.

https://m.imgur.com/y6QKTBK?r

Edited by trip

Commander S

Mass Effect Andromeda is now Xbox One X enhanced - haven't seen anywhere like Digital Foundry have a crack at it yet, but that was one of the things holding me back from picking it up. It's also on sale this week (presumably as an 'N7 day' thing), with both the base and deluxe versions getting pretty good discounts.

Just waiting for Konami to do the same for MGSV - PS4 Pro got an out-of-the-blue enhancement patch, and Metal Gear Survive is X-enhanced, so it's not an unreasonable thing to hope that TPP gets the same treatment eventually (I suspect they'll do the same as Pro, and only enhance the Definitive Edition and TPP, but not the standalone version of Ground Zeroes... :sigh:).

Commander S

...aaand the original Crackdown (backwards-compatible, X-enhanced) is currently free - meanwhile, I didn't realise Joseph Staten was now at the helm of Crackdown 3 (I'd heard that original GTA producer and Crackdown creator David Jones was out, but not this). Game looks really good (nice to see the building destruction hadn't been abandoned to make things more straightforward), and Staten's writing was a major part of why I enjoyed things like ODST back in the day, so it's all looking really promising. :)

Meanwhile, here's Digital Foundry's look at ME Andromeda:

The more I think about the game, the more I put a lot of the flaws down to a mix of the turbulent, changing development cycle (changing project leads, EA ordering a switch from Unreal to Frostbite mid-way through development - !?!, etc.), plus ...maybe playing things too safe in certain respects. Instead of pushing ME into new territory, there's a lot of reliance on a 'that stuff you like' mindset, IMO - meanwhile, things like the 'diving head-first into the Uncanny Valley' emoting are really just things inherited from the older games (good old 'Resting BioWare Face'... :sigh:), and it's as much an issue of dated, unchanged design from last-gen as anything else.

iiConTr0v3rSYx

Free 1 month subscription of game pass for whoever gets it first!

CVRQF-GQW9Q-JQFV9-V3KXQ-XV2DZ

Edit- Also adding 1 month of Xbox Live!

KXCNG-9YCB4-2J86C-2BWHM-BBG74

Edited by iiConTr0v3rSYx

Mister Pinkerton

So, turns out Microsoft did buy Obsidian. What does everyone make of that? 

Anyone else watch the XO event? I like they're adding more games to Game Pass, and have bought another 2 studios but can they please make some adult games and cartoony games all the time? I expect Microsoft to be killing it with exclusives for next gen. A bit late. Not that I'm bent on exclusives. I play too many games to be bothered by exclusive content. I still think the gaming experience overall, is far superior on the Xbox platform. It trumps any fun I might have with PS4 exclusives. 

Having said that, it would be nice to have some exclusive games just to shut "you have no games" twats up. I only have about 120 games in my library. I'm hardly stuck for a game to play, lol. 

If anyone missed it.. 

Edited by Mister Pinkerton

HaythamKenway

Obsidian would have been a more showstopping purchase about four years ago. The company was in dire situation and MS stepping in saved a lot of people's jobs, so it's good for that, at least. The problem with Obsidian however is with their upper management. If there aren't any changes on that front and with MS' general hands-off policy, I'm not exactly sure how will matters improve, in reality. Given the track record with Rare, Lionhead, Kamiya etc., it looks like a foundation for a nice, cozy, codependent relationship ending with a lot of broken hearts and money drained down the toilet.

I can't believe that I'm arguing in favor of stronger corporate oversight. Willingly getting in the line to the guillotine now.

If things by some miracle work out though, I could see the next Xbox replicating the OG's shtick as the dedicated WRPG console. Out of the two studios, I'd have inXile continue to work on cRPGs, while Obsidian could swing for something more mainstream-friendly. A revival of Alpha Protocol would be nice. Either way, with the genre (at least in the AAA space) being watered down as it is right now, their brand of games being given the fancy system seller treatment should be a shot in the arm.

Dealux

Halo needs that.

Mr. Scratch

So, I got a bit of a question, the One X is pretty cheap at the moment and I've seriously considered getting one but I'm not sure if it's worth the investment seeing as I have a PS4 and a 1080p monitor. Anyone rolling with an X and 1080p mind sharing their opinion?

trip

Do it.  Buy a One X.  It will motivate you to get a bitchin' nice new 4K TV.  Win win win right there.

Mr. Scratch

I'll probably get a 4K monitor because old habits die hard and I love staring at a screen and f*ckin up my eyes even after work.

trip

Well then still...  Xbox one x up with 4k (hdr and all) is sweet.  Outside of the graphics the zippiness of game loading and navigating is nice.  I also understand the Xbox is quieter.  Mine are as near silent as you can get.

Little features like always on are favorites of mine.  Stop playing a game and switch to tv, switch off the Xbox and go to sleep, wake up and watch some tv, go back to your game and there is no loading.  It's like you just paused to go to the bathroom or something.  It's amazing.

Games with gold is nice.  And gamepass is now worth it.  If you only play 2 of the day one or big titles the $9 a month pays itself off.

AiraCobra
7 hours ago, Mr. Scratch said:

I love staring at a screen and f*ckin up my eyes even after work.

Contary to popular beliefs at least according to my eye doctor when I asked if watching tv, or playing video games for hours on end will damage my eyes.

He said Simply, No, He said staring at a screen all day is no more damaging than looking out the window and watching the world pass by on a bright sunny day, But he did say playing in a dark room with the bright screen may cause some strain and blurriness after a while it still won't cause any damage.

He said looking at the sun for 15 seconds would cause more damage than watching or playing 100 hours of TV/Games

Mr. Scratch

I guess he forgot to mention that the blue light screens give off do increase macular degeneration.

AiraCobra

True and to be fair to him and I didn't think about it until now when I asked him this question I was having eye strain issues and I thought my hours of gaming might've had something to do with it and that was going on 10 years or so ago and I don't think it was such a problem back then as it is today.

But I do remember reading something that as long as you're playing in a well-lit environment and not in the dark  the blue light isn't as straining, This is one of the reasons why they suggest you don't use your tablets/phones while in bed at night as chances are the lights are out and only light source might be the flickering of the TV or light emanating from the Hallway or Bathroom

OBwmZyr.gif

Dealux
11 hours ago, Mr. Scratch said:

I'll probably get a 4K monitor because old habits die hard and I love staring at a screen and f*ckin up my eyes even after work.

Well, if you have a gaming PC as well, unlike the PS4 Pro, the One X also supports 1440p. I have a 1440p Acer Predator that works great with the One X. Even games that are 1080p native don't look bad. RDR2 is technically rendered in 4K (in the GPU buffer) but it looks like native 1440p but with heavy anti-aliasing.

Edited by Dealux

GTA3Rockstar
18 hours ago, trip said:

Games with gold is nice.  And gamepass is now worth it.  If you only play 2 of the day one or big titles the $9 a month pays itself off.

I got gold until Aug from M$ rewards and will continue to be free lol

Game Pass was on sale at 50% off, so I am good until May 2020 :^:

GOLDEN!