2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Coin

Official Xbox One Topic

Commander S

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/8h3roc/xbox_live_rewards_myvip_vault_restocked/

MyVIP rewards were replenished. Since they're converting to M$ Rewards in June, better get in on it.

I just converted my 1k gems into 20k Microsoft reward credit

Thanks for the heads-up - turns out I had enough to convert into 10k of credit, which'll cover one of the Saints Row 2 DLC packs. And I didn't realise I'd actually already picked-up SR2 at some point (either during a sale or as a GWG freebie), so I only need to buy one of the DLC packs with actual money. :)

Moral of the story: if there's a game going cheap (or better yet, free) for 360 that you like, and it isn't currently backwards-compatible, pick it up anyway - because it's good to have in your library in general, and particularly in the event that MS gives it the b-c treatment.

Algonquin Assassin

Still waiting for Max Payne 3 to become BC. I don't care about anything else then R*’s greatest games from the last 10 years will be complete.

darthYENIK

Why not the whole trilogy, now that Original Xbox games are available?

trip

That would be fun.

Max Payne didn't really do it for me back when. MP3 was the first one I played on a console and I totally enjoyed it. Must have played it through at least 3 times.

I didn't complete the first MP game until it was released on mobile like 2 years ago.

I remember bailing out on MP2 early into the game. I have a good excuse though. Back during that time and my ultra heavy PC gaming days I was big on "sampling" retail releases.

Stormingz

The Max Payne trilogy is one of my favourite game series of all time. I loved everything from the revenge story, atmospheric setting, (I’m from U.K., and was young when I first played MP1 - which is set in New York I believe?) great gameplay and I loved the comic book style cutscenes, something I wish MP3 had, still doesn’t make MP3 a bad game, I think you need to give MP2 a chance, it was a great sequel in my eyes, some people think it fell short.

I’d love to see all three Max Payne games become backwards compatible.

TheDudeAbides

So, I'm thinking about getting a Xbox One Slim STRICTLY for the backwards compatibility feature. I want to know if it is worth it?, or should I get the 360 slim I've been looking at for awhile.

Disclaimer:I do own a ps4, but I want to play older games but my ps3 is garbage.

The N. Bellic Man

Fight Night Champion is finally BC. Now all boxing fans can play at least something on One. Yeah!

darthYENIK

So, I'm thinking about getting a Xbox One Slim STRICTLY for the backwards compatibility feature. I want to know if it is worth it?, or should I get the 360 slim I've been looking at for awhile.

Disclaimer:I do own a ps4, but I want to play older games but my ps3 is garbage.

Xbox One S is pretty inexpensive, plus you get 4K blu ray and streaming capabilities. And you get Current Gen games.

Stormingz

Fight Night Champion is finally BC. Now all boxing fans can play at least something on One. Yeah!

I put hours into the career mode of Fight Night Champion, even the story was half decent, If not cliche. I need to dig out my disc in the morning.

Shadowfennekin

Hahaha

So basically I had a pre-order DLC for a recent game in my case, despite me not pre-ordering it...

However, since I own the Season Pass I technically already have it due to the Care Package DLC. So the code's basically useless to me.

If anyone is interested in the Doomsday Prepper pack for Far Cry 5 then let me know, first to ask for it gets it. Otherwise it'll just sit in the case and never get used lol

GTA3Rockstar

https://www.facebook.com/playstation/posts/10156546438261803

So many people are getting butthurt that it's the 'xbox' design lol

For one, it's the most preferred/used controller and two, it's the most ergonomically designed one.

LittleBlueTroll

Surely them buttons on the side must be awkward to use? They would need to be able to push in really easily with the underside of your finger as it wraps around to the triggers, to make them of any use. I would rather just use the paddles than side buttons.

I have the Xbox One Elite Controller and the paddles are a god send in some online games, never needed anything else.

Awesom-0

So i noticed that Saints Row: 1 and Saints row: G.O.O.H. are backward compatable now. I think that makes all Saints Row titles now playable on the Xbox One, Finally!

Commander S
Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Awesom-0 said:

So i noticed that Saints Row: 1 and Saints row: G.O.O.H. are backward compatable now. I think that makes all Saints Row titles now playable on the Xbox One, Finally!

R* clearly fighting fire with fire - they've only gone and made Table Tennis backwards compatible - !! :panic:

(also GTA San Andreas and Midnight Club L.A.)

Edited by Commander S

Awesom-0

^^ I just checked their websight. Both the OG Xbox and Xbox 360 versions of GTA:SA are gonna become BC, along with Midnight Club: LA and R* games Table Tennis on June 7th.

Homemade Dynamite

What do you think of the soon to be officially announced Forza Horizon 4? We know it's coming this year, but we don't know anything else about it. I'm kinda worried about where it'll take place, because for much of the build-up it was generally agreed to be Japan (awesome) but now there's rumors it's going to be the UK (significantly less awesome). A leaker who had successfully leaked E3 2016 ahead of time basically said it was Japan, and I hope he's right. UK would just be boring, especially since we've already done Europe and we haven't gotten to Asia yet.

Where do you hope it will be?

Shadowfennekin
5 hours ago, Awesom-0 said:

And it was about time

That was everything I wanted

Commander S

Japan for FH4 would be pretty good - you need a place where there's a decent amount of variety in scenery, a healthy car enthusiast scene, and traffic laws that make racing viable. All of those describe Japan to a tee - and likewise rule out the UK on every count. :pp

I can't remember where, but I saw some concept art supposedly for a FH game set in Hong Kong - if not Japan, then that'd also be a really good candidate. 

2 hours ago, Awesom-0 said:

^^ I just checked their websight. Both the OG Xbox and Xbox 360 versions of GTA:SA are gonna become BC, along with Midnight Club: LA and R* games Table Tennis on June 7th.

Sort of - predictably, the backwards-compatible version is the anniversary mobile port (i.e. the current 360 version). If you have the original Xbox game, you won't be able to transfer saves - you basically just get permission to download the anniversary version.

Awesom-0
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Shadowfennekin said:

And it was about time

That was everything I wanted

Yeah, i knew you would be excited about that.

4 hours ago, Commander S said:

Sort of - predictably, the backwards-compatible version is the anniversary mobile port (i.e. the current 360 version). If you have the original Xbox game, you won't be able to transfer saves - you basically just get permission to download the anniversary version.

Yeah, i know. I just think its good that they're doing both, for those who don't want to be forced to play the inferior mobile port that was passed off as a 10th anniversary edition. I own both on disks. I also never expected us to transfer our saves from OG Xbox to Xbox 360, but it's cool that R* are letting people have the newer version for free i guess.

I just hope the OG Xbox Version of GTA:SA works better on XB1 than it did on XB360. I had tons of issues with draw distance being terrible where entire parts of the map wouldn't load when you're flying a plane really fast. It made that game unplayable.

I wonder if GTA:3 and GTA:VC are gonna be added in the near future?

Edited by Awesom-0

Homemade Dynamite
5 hours ago, Commander S said:

Japan for FH4 would be pretty good - you need a place where there's a decent amount of variety in scenery, a healthy car enthusiast scene, and traffic laws that make racing viable. All of those describe Japan to a tee - and likewise rule out the UK on every count. :pp

I can't remember where, but I saw some concept art supposedly for a FH game set in Hong Kong - if not Japan, then that'd also be a really good candidate. 

The HK rumor was pretty quickly debunked I believe.

Commander S

Ah, okay - in that case, Japan it is, then! :p

(or at least it really should be, obviously...)

Shadowfennekin

Very good Games with Gold month

I had a feeling we'd get AC Russia eventually given we got the others; and I've played Sonic and Lego Indy in the past but it is nice having them on Xbox!

Won't play Smite though lmao

I hope they give away Far Cry Primal at some point

Homemade Dynamite

https://www.engadget.com/2018/06/07/crackdown-3-delay-2019/

Crackdown 3 delayed another year.

Aaaaaand I'm not getting this game anymore. It's one thing to delay a game to make it better, but it comes three years after it's expected to drop then there's just no hope at all.

darthYENIK

The E3 sale is going to bankrupt me. I’ll finally get GTAV on current gen.  I refused to pay more than $20 for it.  Just out of principle.

trip
22 hours ago, Commander S said:

...wow, some rather good Gold-exclusive sales this week - not only are San Andreas and[...]

You killed me.  I went running to the store, then remembered I have a digital copy of S.A.  it isn't on my "ready to install list".  I check the store and isn't there either.  I then went to the link in your post and realized...it isn't a BC title for the Xbox one.  :(

Commander S
25 minutes ago, trip said:

You killed me.  I went running to the store, then remembered I have a digital copy of S.A.  it isn't on my "ready to install list".  I check the store and isn't there either.  I then went to the link in your post and realized...it isn't a BC title for the Xbox one.  :(

No, it is! It's just taking a while to show up, apparently. All three of Midnight Club L.A., Table Tennis and the 360 mobile port of San Andreas are backwards-compatible as of some point today, but the roll-out's been somewhat erratic (I've seen some people able to download it in the last few hours, at least).

trip

Damn!!!!

I'm edged about it because just like 3 days ago I was thinking I would like to play some SA on my xone.

I'm freaking EST US of f*cking A...we should always get everything first.  :)

GTA3Rockstar

Change your location to New Zealand and see if that works haha