Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,713 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

AmyStone

Unable to auto-lock

AmyStone

Yesterday I was playing in a session and going up against other players. All seemed normal and I was able to auto aim onto them. But there was one particular player that I could not auto aim onto - even when I was really close. He killed me twice very easily. Does this sound like a special ability from a modded account or would there be some particular VIP or CEO work that he might have been taking part in to cause this to happen?

Happy Hunter

I used to get that on old gen back on 360. But I don't think I've had it on current gen.

Could be horrible lag. Could be a modded account. Maybe some kind of mode he was in? Perhaps something he found out and exploited, like some kind of VIP work? I don't know, just putting out vibes.

Edited by Happy Hunter

Lukathum

I had that issue with someone lagging, but I think you would notice lag.

Was he doing gang attack? I was in a gang attack the other day (by accident) and it seemed like the other player couldn't kill me but I'm not sure.

kenmy13999

Pc?

marco6158

I have had this issue too, couldn't lock on Oppressors with Buzzard or Rogue. I'm playing on pc.

elfoam

Pretty standard when you are playing from Australia, the extra lag makes locking onto anyone or anything difficult.

StangOne50

I would say lag. It happens from time to time to me also both on foot and in air.

Gridl0k

First thing usually is check your targetting priority, as it can get changed (interactive menu). But that affects everyone so yeah a) lag or b) if pc, could be funny business.

AmyStone

It was on Playstation. I could lock onto other players on, just not him. It didn't seem to be lagging. He wasn't in a gang attack. If that was the case then neither of us would have been able to kill each other.

kenmy13999

Probably a glitch of some sort. Don't think these kind of things could be transferred from last gen and since there's no mod menus on ps4 it's very unlikely that's the case. Can be other explanations also tho but knowing how many different glitches there is I think that can have something to do with it

HARBUJAHN

First thing usually is check your targetting priority, as it can get changed (interactive menu). But that affects everyone so yeah a) lag or b) if pc, could be funny business.

Mine changes itself to attackers now and then and it causes exactly what amys describing

Smooth Longsack

^^^ Yep. Targeting priority or gang attack.

FallingAway

Probably a glitch of some sort. Don't think these kind of things could be transferred from last gen and since there's no mod menus on ps4 it's very unlikely that's the case. Can be other explanations also tho but knowing how many different glitches there is I think that can have something to do with it

This is probably the case as glitches tend to make aspects of the game act funny. Things like fast run and infinite combat roll were removed from modded accounts a long time ago and I'm not sure being immune to auto-aim was ever even a feature of those anyway.

kenmy13999

This is probably the case as glitches tend to make aspects of the game act funny. Things like fast run and infinite combat roll were removed from modded accounts a long time ago and I'm not sure being immune to auto-aim was ever even a feature of those anyway.

I'm not sure if immune to auto aim was a feature either but I think there's a glitch to get fast run out now, so there's a lot of possibilities in glitches

FallingAway

I'm not sure if immune to auto aim was a feature either but I think there's a glitch to get fast run out now, so there's a lot of possibilities in glitches

Yeah, there is also a SP to MP glitch running too and it looks like there is a way to get cheats online with it. With glitches like that the possibilities can be endless.

Skeve613

I've been encountering an issue with the Molotok where my rockets seem to randomly switch themselves to non-homing mode, forcing me to swap missiles types again until homing is reselected to get them to work. At first I thought it was an issue with targeting Headhunter vehicles, but today it happened while just targeting a couple of players (who were not doing CEO/MC work or using cargo vehicles).

DBrasco

I've had this with someone as well. Couldn't lock on his Oppressor with the Buzzard and later on couldn't lock on in a fight either. He was also able to roll pretty fast, not as fast as the modded combat roll but it seemed faster than usual. I did a quick search for some glitch or trick to roll faster but didn't find anything substantial. Perhaps he was just really good but the fact that I couldn't lock on him is dubious. Sometimes you hear about certain glitches that are kept a secret to thecommunity...

gtafan26

Ok so dumb question, what should the targeting be set to?

HARBUJAHN

Ok so dumb question, what should the targeting be set to?

Everyone lol when im solo or I have mine set to strangers when playing with crew,friends

AmyStone

So how was I able to lock onto other players?

Fozzie

There is a glitch right now that's not widely known, it's the byproduct of another glitch if you stop midway through. It's basically tricking the game into thinking you are in Passive so people can't lock onto you, not passive with guns because they can still be killed free aiming and with explosives.

Amy Vinewood

Yesterday it was showing that I was in passive mode, but I was a associate.

I have no idea why - just started the game and didn't even go into passive before accepting the ceo invite.

Sometimes this game just glitches on it's own.

UemG2LL.jpg

Edited by Amy Vinewood

Smooth Longsack

They were Han Solo and shot first?

AmyStone

They were Han Solo and shot first?

No. He killed me twice and I'd shot at him a few times but it wouldn't lock on.