1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Kirsty

RDR2 News/Trailer is coming 28th September!

BLOOD

I bet its three protags... A gang member, a lawman and a Native American. So they can show the story from all angles. That would create a lot of material to work with.

I want something like this, but I don't think that's going to be the case.

R* f*ggot + all the evidence suggests that it's going to be several people who are all in the same gang, and that's boring to me. I want to experience different corners of the world so to speak. I kind of want seperate campaigns for each character and then their stories cross paths only occasionally and they're largely unaware of each other, similar to GTA IV.

Agree, this is what I wanted/expected from GTA V and was disappointed somewhat by how the characters all got funnelled down the same direction after starting off apart. Switching to Trevor for the first time coming of M and F, for example, was like switching over to a different game but near the end of the game the differences became pretty much arbitrary.

I'd love it if there were, say, three characters and each of them were confined to their own three separate parts of the map at first. You could switch freely between the characters but not cross over into other character's territory from the start. Eventually though, the narrative has you venture into the different territories and you get to experience these different parts of the world from a new perspective e.g. say if one was a Native American who you start with only on their tribe's land but eventually have to move over into 'white-man's' territory, which you have already seen from a white character's perspective but are now experiencing the same place as an "outsider". Same could work vice-versa. That would really be utilising the multiple-character system to it's full potential.

Brilliant Mr. Jabe... There has to be some truth to it if that leaked map is accurate. Maybe even 3 different endings to the game kind of like Fallout 4. Thatd be nice, that would have high replay value. Which TTWO may not like :/

At this point R* calls the shot since it their predominant division/asset. R* keeps expanding while 2K keeps reducing including management reshuffles. TTWO will definitely rename itself to R* soon.

Mr. Jabe

I bet its three protags... A gang member, a lawman and a Native American. So they can show the story from all angles. That would create a lot of material to work with.

I want something like this, but I don't think that's going to be the case.

R* f*ggot + all the evidence suggests that it's going to be several people who are all in the same gang, and that's boring to me. I want to experience different corners of the world so to speak. I kind of want seperate campaigns for each character and then their stories cross paths only occasionally and they're largely unaware of each other, similar to GTA IV.

Agree, this is what I wanted/expected from GTA V and was disappointed somewhat by how the characters all got funnelled down the same direction after starting off apart. Switching to Trevor for the first time coming of M and F, for example, was like switching over to a different game but near the end of the game the differences became pretty much arbitrary.

I'd love it if there were, say, three characters and each of them were confined to their own three separate parts of the map at first. You could switch freely between the characters but not cross over into other character's territory from the start. Eventually though, the narrative has you venture into the different territories and you get to experience these different parts of the world from a new perspective e.g. say if one was a Native American who you start with only on their tribe's land but eventually have to move over into 'white-man's' territory, which you have already seen from a white character's perspective but are now experiencing the same place as an "outsider". Same could work vice-versa. That would really be utilising the multiple-character system to it's full potential.

Brilliant Mr. Jabe... There has to be some truth to it if that leaked map is accurate. Maybe even 3 different endings to the game kind of like Fallout 4. Thatd be nice, that would have high replay value. Which TTWO may not like :/

At this point R* calls the shot since it their predominant division/asset. R* keeps expanding while 2K keeps reducing including management reshuffles. TTWO will definitely rename itself to R* soon.

Your comment is only relevant to literally one word in that whole passage.......never change Blood, never change!! :lol:

Dee.

I'll be edgy, I think it's two protags.

r/madlads

Jason

I'll be edgy, I think it's two protags.

r/madlads

r/americanswhodontunderstandsarcasm

TheOriginalGunslinger

I swear... This Thursday...

Before 11AM

giphy.gif

After 11AM

giphy.gif

Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger

Rafae

I have a good feeling this'll be a longer, more substantial trailer :)

The first one was more of a teaser, this'll be a proper trailer.

BLOOD

I swear... This Thursday...

Before 11AM

giphy.gif

After 11AM

giphy.gif

Imagine the World ends on Thursday..

DGSimo
ssesWP3.gif

BLOOD

3.9 years, 6200+ posts later and I still don't know how to do gifs on the forums. My life 😂

EDIT: Thanks for any help but I will learn it before Thursday 😁

Edited by BLOOD

TheOriginalGunslinger

Haven't played Red Dead Redemption in a while but I had a question regarding Abigail (whore turned Marston's wife).

If Red Dead Redemption 2 is indeed a prequel (which I think it will be) any chances of Abigail being in it? I know Abigail wasn't involved with the killings and such but she was passed around the gang before her and John began a relationship. It'll be interesting to see how their relationship actually began.

Another thing is John and the gang killed and gave money to the poor which is another thing we might see or won't see. I just can't wait until Thursday. Now, even more speculation begins! Hyped! I'm actually hoping it is a prequel.

BLOOD

RDR Online will be GTA Online 2.0 in the Wild West.

TheOriginalGunslinger

ssesWP3.gif

Post of the day!

Jason

Haven't played Red Dead Redemption in a while but I had a question regarding Abigail (whore turned Marston's wife).

If Red Dead Redemption 2 is indeed a prequel (which I think it will be) any chances of Abigail being in it? I know Abigail wasn't involved with the killings and such but she was passed around the gang before her and John began a relationship. It'll be interesting to see how their relationship actually began.

Another thing is John and the gang killed and gave money to the poor which is another thing we might see or won't see. I just can't wait until Thursday. Now, even more speculation begins! Hyped! I'm actually hoping it is a prequel.

Perhaps they'll take liberties with stuff like that and allow you to choose, a more expanded version of RDR's limited morality system if you like.

TheOriginalGunslinger

Speculating wild stuff here but we all know the Dutch gang (Dutch, John, Bill and Javier) but I wonder if there were three other characters in this gang at the time. What if these three other characters turned against them (turned against Dutch, John, Bill and Javier) resulting in Redemption to bring these three other cowards down leading to epic events across the vast and epic American Heartland? A showdown is brewing ladies and gents! :D

Zello

I want to play as Dutch

DGSimo

Speculating wild stuff here but we all know the Dutch gang (Dutch, John, Bill and Javier) but I wonder if there were three other characters in this gang at the time. What if these three other characters turned against them (turned against Dutch, John, Bill and Javier) resulting in Redemption to bring these three other cowards down leading to epic events across the vast and epic American Heartland? A showdown is brewing ladies and gents! :D

It'll be interesting. The strategy guide for RDR also delved into some of the backstories for Dutch and the old gang so there's obviously a timeline but how much they stick to that remains to be seen.

Holland_Hicks

I too wonder how they'll handle that. It'd be interesting if that was something John said just to justify his actions. Or maybe Dutch told the gang he was giving some of the money to the poor but that wasn't the case. Like maybe deep down he was always an asshole.

Rockstar Vienna

Damn, I'm already counting the hours. 92 hours left. But let's take away 4x7 hours of sleeping time. Makes sense right!? :lol: Then... only 64 hours left! Amazing!

Meekail

I hope to god we play as one character and not 3 or 7. I like playing as one guy much better.

Holland_Hicks

I hope to god we play as one character and not 3 or 7. I like playing as one guy much better.

I'm keeping an open mind. I'm especially intrigued since it's all but confirmed by R* that it's a direct prequel to RDR1.

Johnson Johnson

Is confirmed Dutchs Gang is returning?

Rafae

All but confirmed by Rockstar themselves.

Holland_Hicks

Yan2295 confirmed it. I usually brush off supposed 'insiders', but he correctly predicted that L.A. Noire would come to the switch and be remastered, and I didn't believe that for a minute. So clearly dude knows something.

Rockstar Vienna

All but confirmed by Rockstar themselves.

I'm actually happy at the confirmation of it being a prequel.

Call me triggered...

saintsrow

3 protags worked so well for Rockstar, that this time, in RDR2, they're going to use the Shift mechanic from Driver: San Francisco so we can instantly teleport ourselves into any NPC. Infinite protags!

Spider-Vice

I'm almost sure the trailer we're going to get is going to be in this vein:

DGSimo

I'm almost sure the trailer we're going to get is going to be in this vein:

That's what I've been saying and hopefully so! A 2 minute or so trailer focused on the main protagonist(s) while showcasing the various cast of characters we'll meet and the lands we'll explore, mixed with gameplay for us to dissect and discuss. Capped off with a release date.

BLOOD

Bring It On!

Johnson Johnson

Anyone know if its possible to pre order the GOTY edition already?

Synthetic_Soul

Goddamn you guys and your gifs...I don't know how or why but they never cease to crack me up. Some of the best laughs I've had in years came from little 2 second clips on a video game forum...good times. Good times indeed