1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Aktarus

[C#] How to spawn car with a ped?

Aktarus

Hello guys,
I am trying to spawn ped in a “safe way”, I mean trying to make them spawning in a safe place and on the ground directly. For that I am using a trick: create a car with a ped and then delete the car.
This avoid the ped to spawn above the ground, above sea or building and so on…
But the code doesn't work! I don’t know why. If someone can help.
Here is the code:

public async void SpawnPed()        {            await Delay(0);            Vehicle carSpawned;            Function.Call(Hash.REQUEST_MODEL, "cavalcade");            while (!new Model("cavalcade").IsLoaded)            {                await Delay(10);            }            Vector3 playerPos = Function.Call<Vector3>(Hash.GET_ENTITY_COORDS, Game.Player.Character);            float newPosX = playerPos.X + rndSpawn.Next(-100, 100);            float newPosY = playerPos.Y + rndSpawn.Next(-100, 100);            carSpawned = Function.Call<Vehicle>(Hash.CREATE_VEHICLE, "cavalcade", newPosX, newPosY, playerPos.Z, 1f, true, false);            Function.Call(Hash.SET_VEHICLE_ON_GROUND_PROPERLY, carSpawned);            while (!Function.Call<bool>(Hash.HAS_MODEL_LOADED, "S_M_Y_Construct_02"))            {                await Delay(10);                Function.Call(Hash.REQUEST_MODEL, "S_M_Y_Construct_02");            }            Function.Call(Hash.SET_MODEL_AS_NO_LONGER_NEEDED, "S_M_Y_Construct_02");            Ped pedToSpawn = Function.Call<Ped>(Hash.CREATE_PED_INSIDE_VEHICLE, carSpawned, 4, "S_M_Y_Construct_02", -1, true, false);            if (Entity.Exists(pedToSpawn))            {                carSpawned.MarkAsNoLongerNeeded();                carSpawned.Delete();            }        }

Thanks

sollaholla

Hello guys,

I am trying to spawn ped in a “safe way”, I mean trying to make them spawning in a safe place and on the ground directly. For that I am using a trick: create a car with a ped and then delete the car.

Thanks

Have you tried GET_GROUND_Z_FOR_3D_COORD and setting the Ped's Z coordinate to the return value?

Aktarus

Hello guys,

Thanks

Have you tried GET_GROUND_Z_FOR_3D_COORD and setting the Ped's Z coordinate to the return value?

Oh. I didn't know this function. So it gives you the Z value of the ground from the given coords. I am gonna try that right now.

Aktarus

So after some test. I have decided to restart from the begining this function. Then I realised that the simple and basic CREATE_PED doesn't work. Actually it works... but after 1 or 2 seconds the game crash. The error message is "Type Ped cannot be marshalled as an unmanaged structure". Here is the code:

public Main(){    EventHandlers["playerSpawned"] += new Action(AtStart);    Tick += OnTick;}public async void AtStart(){    var model = new Model("S_M_Y_AIRWORKER");    await model.Request(10);    // Check if the model is valid    if (model.IsInCdImage && model.IsValid)    {        while (!model.IsLoaded)        {            await Delay(1);        }    }    Function.Call(Hash.SET_MODEL_AS_NO_LONGER_NEEDED, new InputArgument[] { model });    Vector3 playerPos = Function.Call<Vector3>(Hash.GET_ENTITY_COORDS, Game.Player.Character);    Ped superPed = Function.Call<Ped>(Hash.CREATE_PED, 4, model, playerPos.X + 5f, playerPos.Y, playerPos.Z, 0.0f, false, false);}

Does anyone can explain me what this error means please?

Edited by Aktarus

kagikn

So after some test. I have decided to restart from the begining this function. Then I realised that the simple and basic CREATE_PED doesn't work. Actually it works... but after 1 or 2 seconds the game crash. The error message is "Type Ped cannot be marshalled as an unmanaged structure". Here is the code:

public Main(){    EventHandlers["playerSpawned"] += new Action(AtStart);    Tick += OnTick;}public async void AtStart(){    var model = new Model("S_M_Y_AIRWORKER");    await model.Request(10);    // Check if the model is valid    if (model.IsInCdImage && model.IsValid)    {        while (!model.IsLoaded)        {            await Delay(1);        }    }    Function.Call(Hash.SET_MODEL_AS_NO_LONGER_NEEDED, new InputArgument[] { model });    Vector3 playerPos = Function.Call<Vector3>(Hash.GET_ENTITY_COORDS, Game.Player.Character);    Ped superPed = Function.Call<Ped>(Hash.CREATE_PED, 4, model, playerPos.X + 5f, playerPos.Y, playerPos.Z, 0.0f, false, false);}
Does anyone can explain me what this error means please?

This is probably responsible for the error (GetUninitializedObject doesn't call constructors). https://github.com/crosire/scripthookvdotnet/blob/dev_v3/source/core/Native.cpp#L188

So you have to avoid using the classes implementing INativeValue for return values for Native.Call, for now.

And I believe "await Delay(1);" doesn't work to pause execution, use Wait(0) or Yield() instead.

This probably works

public Main(){    EventHandlers["playerSpawned"] += new Action(AtStart);    Tick += OnTick;}public async void AtStart(){    var model = new Model("S_M_Y_AIRWORKER");    model.Request();    // Check if the model is valid    if (model.IsInCdImage && model.IsValid)    {        while (!model.IsLoaded)        {            Yield();        }    }    Function.Call(Hash.SET_MODEL_AS_NO_LONGER_NEEDED, model.Hash);    Vector3 playerPos = Function.Call<Vector3>(Hash.GET_ENTITY_COORDS, Game.Player.Character);    Ped superPed = new Ped(Function.Call<int>(Hash.CREATE_PED, 4, model, playerPos.X + 5f, playerPos.Y, playerPos.Z, 0.0f, false, false));}

Aktarus

@kagikn

It works! Thanks mate.