4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Milesinho

Oppressor hate and ridicule thread

Pedinhuh
42 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

Would giving aircraft really accurate missiles - would that be utter hell, or would it be better than things currently are?

Absolute hell for all helicopters and pretty much anything that is under the Lazer in terms of turning radius. Dogfights would be even more ridiculous than what they currently are now.

Chaff and flares are limited, the missiles aren't(unless you're using a Thruster or B11).

RyuNova
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Happy Hunter said:

Would giving aircraft really accurate missiles - would that be utter hell, or would it be better than things currently are?

I'd rather they just sorted out the broom, but if they're not going to - I'm thinking that could at least put a more dedicated attack vehicle at the top of the food chain. So then people would at least have to collect that vehicle, rather than have it spawn at their feet.

Take a Smuggler's Run plane. If one of those had broomstick missiles it would immediately be a more powerful vehicle than the MKII. But, it wouldn't be at your feet all the time, only at select places, would have a cooldown, etc.

I'd much rather they just sorted out the broomstick, but I think it'd be better than nothing.

Give more accurate missiles to Helicopters but leave the Jets alone. Their speed and agility makes up for the lesser missiles. Give the more accurate missiles to the Thruster and move the MkII from Motorcycles to Special Vehicles, make it so that you can only own one that's permanently stored in the Terrorbyte like the Thruster and Facility.

Or even better make it so that you can choose "Assault Missiles" which are the accurate ones but adding these removes your ability to add Countermeasures of any sort.

You can have normal Homing Missiles and Countermeasures but not Assault Missiles and Countermeasures.

Edited by RyuNova

FuturePastNow

I'd say to give fighter aircraft a realistic loadout- 4-8 missiles and 800 rounds for the cannon- but then it just becomes a race of who can get to a fresh jet faster.

Up2NoGood45
1 hour ago, RyuNova said:

Give more accurate missiles to Helicopters but leave the Jets alone. Their speed and agility makes up for the lesser missiles. Give the more accurate missiles to the Thruster and move the MkII from Motorcycles to Special Vehicles, make it so that you can only own one that's permanently stored in the Terrorbyte like the Thruster and Facility.

Or even better make it so that you can choose "Assault Missiles" which are the accurate ones but adding these removes your ability to add Countermeasures of any sort.

You can have normal Homing Missiles and Countermeasures but not Assault Missiles and Countermeasures.

I would rather it just not be allowed in a public lobby period.  Only to be used on missions.  Just watch the little sh*theads fly around the lobby and just blow everyone up for no reason.  It absolutely ruins free roam public play.

SHOKKERZ91

Hell no. We need less noobsh*t in form of high aggressive homing-missiles. Pushing one button to get a kill doesn´t need any skill. When i make kills with my choppers, i f*cking breakdance on my controller.

Happy Hunter

On second thoughts - I guess a fast plane can follow you anywhere. At least a helicopter can fly away from a broomstick currently. Would be good for the top vehicle to not be something so easy/quick to get hold of though.

I could see it possibly working in a really limited capacity. Like, 2 super missiles stuck on a helicopter for defense. Then again, countermeasures ... Plus they'd need better range to strike a broomstick first.

I'd definitely rather less super homing missiles are around, not more. I'm just thinking in case they don't do anything.

computertech82

The flying dildo, mk2, needs to be forced to be 20mph slower, ZERO missiles, ZERO flares/defense, ZERO hovering (it's a rocket not a chopper), and NOT ranked as a motorcycle (it doesn't have 2 wheels).

Happy Hunter
2 hours ago, computertech82 said:

The flying dildo, mk2, needs to be forced to be 20mph slower, ZERO missiles, ZERO flares/defense, ZERO hovering (it's a rocket not a chopper), and NOT ranked as a motorcycle (it doesn't have 2 wheels).

The ability to hover is one its biggest strengths against helicopters. The original broomstick - it makes its pass, you use countermeasures and then get them as they go by. This, you use countermeasures, and they can just sit there. Very stupid to be honest.

CanadianMuscle
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, computertech82 said:

and NOT ranked as a motorcycle (it doesn't have 2 wheels).

It certainly shouldn't, but...

What WOULD it be classed as, though?

Military...?

(Doesn't seem military-ish, despite the weaponry)

Planes...?

(No, f*ck no...it's not an actual plane, albeit technically an "aircraft")

Service...?

(Seems too general, not really a service vehicle)

Industrial...?

(Nah, doesn't fit the futuristic vibe)

Utility...?

(Not really a utility vehicle, although useful for grinding 'n stuff)

The MKII is based off an actual motorcycle, although not performing anything like a standard motorcycle, does it still make sense being classed this way though?

dsmGaKWMeHXe9QuJtq_ys30PNfTGnMsRuHuo_MUz

The best R* could do right now is blacklist the Oppressor and it's predecessor from the MC spawn menu, and keep them in it's current, presumably most suitable class.

Edited by CanadianMuscle

Voodoo-Hendrix
12 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

I'd rather they just sorted out the broom, but if they're not going to - I'm thinking that could at least put a more dedicated attack vehicle at the top of the food chain. So then people would at least have to collect that vehicle, rather than have it spawn at their feet.

Take a Smuggler's Run plane. If one of those had broomstick missiles it would immediately be a more powerful vehicle than the MKII. But, it wouldn't be at your feet all the time, only at select places, would have a cooldown, etc.

I'd much rather they just sorted out the broomstick, but I think it'd be better than nothing.

The less we need in this game is more vehicles with "I WIN!" missiles.

The standard missiles are fine as ir is, most dogfights are decided by Explosive Cannons or Machine Guns anyway and if you somehow get hit by Homing Missiles in a jet, frankly you deserve it.

Now Barrage Missiles, yeah, we need more vehicles with those.

Marciliojunior01
10 hours ago, Voodoo-Hendrix said:

The less we need in this game is more vehicles with "I WIN!" missiles.

The standard missiles are fine as ir is, most dogfights are decided by Explosive Cannons or Machine Guns anyway and if you somehow get hit by Homing Missiles in a jet, frankly you deserve it.

Now Barrage Missiles, yeah, we need more vehicles with those.

Deluxo missiles on a jet would be the end of the dogfights to be honest. 

Pedinhuh
Posted (edited)
On 4/12/2019 at 2:31 AM, CanadianMuscle said:

Military...?

(Doesn't seem military-ish, despite the weaponry)

The Thruster is classed as a Military, so is the Crusader which is just a boring Mesa with army pattern and nothing more...And the Barracks...And the Rhino Tank...

You can literally shove anything in that class that is even slightly tacticool and It would fit in...So there shouldn't be a problem in putting BOTH bikes in there.

Edited by Pedinhuh

Happy Hunter

giphy.gif

Dimwitted broomstick boys.

RyuNova

@Happy Hunter

A compromise...?

If you can put "Assault" missiles on other things then the lock on time should be made longer. Basically the more accurate the missile (Normal, MkII or Ruiner) the longer the lock on time with normal Homing having the shortest and Ruiner missiles having the longest. This would retroactively affect affect all vehicles and all missile types.

What would acceptable times be for lock-on?

Happy Hunter

j8Fxndq.png

20 hours ago, RyuNova said:

@Happy Hunter

A compromise...?

If you can put "Assault" missiles on other things then the lock on time should be made longer. Basically the more accurate the missile (Normal, MkII or Ruiner) the longer the lock on time with normal Homing having the shortest and Ruiner missiles having the longest. This would retroactively affect affect all vehicles and all missile types.

What would acceptable times be for lock-on?

To be honest, I think you'd only ever see the sharp turning missiles. They'd still be much, much better - even if they took a good few seconds longer to lock on. They'd have to have an unreasonably long lock on time for the normal ones to be worth having over them.

ten-a-penny

Oppressors remind me of "The Golden Age of GTAO" days, when the most hated thing was the Zentorno. And oh boy, how much everyone hated it. The car isn't that bad, it was the fastest thing on-ground at its time, was cheap compared to other supercars (despite being better). The thing itself had no issues, it's the idiot nolifers using the back as a 'primitive Kuruma' weapon where you just accelerate backwards and fire, with the only way for players to harm you was by blowing you up. Lose/Lose for them (either get killed or have your cash depleted), Win/Win for you (victims still gets trolled). Which is sad because the car itself is pretty good, but its reputation got ruined because of idiots.

Same goes with the oppressor (both variants). The thing itself is pretty fun, you can fly anywhere, can land in tough places, etc. But retards abusing it against innocents just to get a hard one ruined the Oppressors, which made them a hateful thing. Even peaceful players who doesn't harm anyone are affected by those fools, flying around with the Broomstick will get everybody nervous. Which is sad, the oppressor is fun in itself. Damn griefers.

Happy Hunter

I've been using the Savage on them more.

giphy.gif

If the Hunter had a hitbox like the Savage, I think it'd be very good for taking out broomsticks. The Savage can dodge nearly all of them, just occasionally gets caught out. The Hunter - countermeasures could help avoid those handful of moments. A low hitbox with flares going off at the same time, that could work nicely.

RyuNova
On 4/15/2019 at 7:05 AM, Happy Hunter said:

To be honest, I think you'd only ever see the sharp turning missiles. They'd still be much, much better - even if they took a good few seconds longer to lock on. They'd have to have an unreasonably long lock on time for the normal ones to be worth having over them.

Ten seconds?

SHOKKERZ91
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

I've been using the Savage on them more.

giphy.gif

My god, so blyatful. Im not into fatties, but this savage looks like a fat russian 12 ton ballerina. 11/10. Would bang.

Edited by SHOKKERZ91

Happy Hunter
8 hours ago, RyuNova said:

Ten seconds?

I don't know - how many people can you imagine picking the less accurate missiles over them?

RyuNova
1 minute ago, Happy Hunter said:

I don't know - how many people can you imagine picking the less accurate missiles over them?

At first? Very few but once they realise that they need a clear lock on for ten seconds before they can fire the missile and in that time someone with the normal Missiles could have fired off then I think they will change their mind. If you want "I WIN!" missiles then you can at leasy have the skill to hold the lock-on for ten seconds.

Happy Hunter
1 minute ago, RyuNova said:

At first? Very few but once they realise that they need a clear lock on for ten seconds before they can fire the missile and in that time someone with the normal Missiles could have fired off then I think they will change their mind. If you want "I WIN!" missiles then you can at leasy have the skill to hold the lock-on for ten seconds.

Depends on the vehicle I think. A Hunter having Buzzard missiles spammed at it for 10 seconds might be made to feel a little uncomfortable. A broomstick though, would probably dodge them without even trying.

RyuNova
Just now, Happy Hunter said:

Depends on the vehicle I think. A Hunter having Buzzard missiles spammed at it for 10 seconds might be made to feel a little uncomfortable. A broomstick though, would probably dodge them without even trying.

Contrary to popular belief the MkII is not very good under heavy fire. I have vaporised quite a few in my Akula by just spamming missiles it them.

Urban Legends

Honestly there is no reason to use this piece of trash! Im about the buy this or the original oppressor. I'm afraid if I buy the mark 2 I will get bored with the game and just move on... Hmm what to do

RyuNova
3 hours ago, Urban Legends said:

Honestly there is no reason to use this piece of trash! Im about the buy this or the original oppressor. I'm afraid if I buy the mark 2 I will get bored with the game and just move on... Hmm what to do

Buy a Thruster and float majestically like the floating God you will become.

Happy Hunter

U2SDfAf.jpg

SYJWYYH.jpg

4ieI7V1.png

g7LHdk1.png

RyuNova

@Happy Hunter

Can I make a request? Can we get some Thruster on Oppressor MkII action? Hot and steamy...

Urban Legends
17 hours ago, Urban Legends said:

So I saved for a few days and just spent nearly 3 million on the original oppressor. Loving my new jet bike. 

God damn the oppressor mk2.. Loser sh*t. Total scumbag crap.. Well Im gonna go online and yell at f*ckin 12 yr olds now. Hooray for GTA

ilovefreebird
1 hour ago, Urban Legends said:

So I saved for a few days and just spent nearly 3 million on the original oppressor. Loving my new jet bike. 

God damn the oppressor mk2.. Loser sh*t. Total scumbag crap.. Well Im gonna go online and yell at f*ckin 12 yr olds now. Hooray for GTA

Glad you stuck with the original. That thing (and yes, the Thruster @RyuNova 😛) is much more fun. The MKII - while decent for grinding and great when paired with the Terrorbyte - is boring as HELL.

RyuNova
55 minutes ago, ilovefreebird said:

Glad you stuck with the original. That thing (and yes, the Thruster @RyuNova 😛) is much more fun. The MKII - while decent for grinding and great when paired with the Terrorbyte - is boring as HELL.

The Thruster is the MkII without the OPness and can be paired with the TB quite effectively. Just use the auto0landing feature at your Office (The game classes the Thruster as a Helicopter) and then use your Assistant to spawn you another. (The game classes it as PV as well)