3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Milesinho

Oppressor hate and ridicule thread

Voodoo-Hendrix
5 hours ago, Arrows to Athens said:

They should remove the rockets, but leave the speed glitch alone.

Nerf the rockets to Buzzard level of tracking, patch the speed glitch and voilá! Suddenly balanced.

I know that the speed glitch is quite useful for grinding and PvE purposes, but for every peaceful player who uses it for good, there's 10 who use it to remain untouchable in PvP, even more aggravating when cargo is on the line.

Sorry, but the speed glitch needs to go.

Arrows to Athens
50 minutes ago, Voodoo-Hendrix said:

I know that the speed glitch is quite useful for grinding and PvE purposes, but for every peaceful player who uses it for good, there's 10 who use it to remain untouchable in PvP, even more aggravating when cargo is on the line.

Which is why I suggest they remove the rockets. Rather than nerf the rockets, just remove them, but keep the speed glitch. That way, you will never find players using the speed glitch killing others players, because there are no rockets to use! It would only be used for cruising or grinding.

tommyguns

Longtime no see my fellow broomstick hunters. I had wondered whether this thread was still going, good to see it is. I've been on a long break from online modes, playing and replaying some RPG's. Just been checking out what's changed in LS since i've been away & I could hardly believe those dicks had released another oppressor, and after watching a reliable reviewer, it seems even more OP than the original. R* baffle me sometimes. After the original came out, they did nerf it a bit, seemingly accepting it was over the top. Yet they now release an even more powerful version. 

Maybe it's time for me to spring for xbox gold again & get back to work killing and enraging broomstick griefers

my two cents on the speed glitch....it's not like there aren't other means of moving quickly around the map. R* aren't likely to remove it's rockets are they? So speed glitch it is, and if it annoys the broom riders, then get to it R*

FukNRekd
On 11/2/2018 at 7:31 AM, tommyguns said:

.it's not like there aren't other means of moving quickly around the map.

Um... no. This is pretty much THEE method to go anywhere on the entire map in less than a minute. And it's right at your Motorcycle Club's instant request menu.

On 11/2/2018 at 7:31 AM, tommyguns said:

Maybe it's time for me to spring for xbox gold again & get back to work killing and enraging broomstick griefers

We'll be waiting. :blink:

Unless you plan on staying on foot the only real weapon against it is another MkII or to flee to the sky in a jet (or do circles 'til they run out of rockets then try to hit them when they zoom away for a reload but good luck there).

And if you're on foot you're not very likely to get a shot at one, they tend to ignore ground targets and usually fly too fast for you to shoot long enough to do any damage. Then there's the issue of favorite bike and regenerating health so that makes it even harder. Explosive sniper is basically useless unless they're standing still.

Arrows to Athens
On 11/5/2018 at 2:22 PM, FukNRekd said:

Um... no. This is pretty much THEE method to go anywhere on the entire map in less than a minute. And it's right at your Motorcycle Club's instant request menu.

We'll be waiting. :blink:

Unless you plan on staying on foot the only real weapon against it is another MkII or to flee to the sky in a jet (or do circles 'til they run out of rockets then try to hit them when they zoom away for a reload but good luck there).

And if you're on foot you're not very likely to get a shot at one, they tend to ignore ground targets and usually fly too fast for you to shoot long enough to do any damage. Then there's the issue of favorite bike and regenerating health so that makes it even harder. Explosive sniper is basically useless unless they're standing still.

You can be quite skilled in taking out ground targets with the speed glitch. I've taken out a fair share, and my brother is an expert at it. However, you can get shot out in some cases. There have been instances where I'm doing the speed glitch and try to take out a ground target (not very close to the player, either), and they insta kill me.

FukNRekd

I've explosive sniped 2 Harry Potters off their broomsticks. Got both on video and neither died but did remove them from being a threat. At least for half a minute LOL. 

I've also been killed on foot by the bastids at least 2 or 3 times lately. Ive had one lucky shot myself.

No Homing
7 hours ago, Arrows to Athens said:

You can be quite skilled in taking out ground targets with the speed glitch. I've taken out a fair share, and my brother is an expert at it. However, you can get shot out in some cases. There have been instances where I'm doing the speed glitch and try to take out a ground target (not very close to the player, either), and they insta kill me.

This guy is the true No Homing King. I'm just a fake.

Barnie Spacullie

Yeah they need balance or to be removed from freemode.  Im not one of these anti griefing pusses either. I just think there needs balance in a game that's trying to encourage us to work our way up.  I honestly believe the sheer number of try hards buying shark cards at the first glance of a super biker blowing up griders at ease caused a huge spike in profit for rockstar which will encourage them to keep including op vehicles. Even if i had the gta money to spend, i would never buy one because this city is the same city my little cj was running around gang banging in back in San Andreas...... Not a damn Destiny/ Fortnite hybrid arena 

Fenrill
On 11/1/2018 at 12:07 AM, Arrows to Athens said:

Which is why I suggest they remove the rockets. Rather than nerf the rockets, just remove them, but keep the speed glitch. That way, you will never find players using the speed glitch killing others players, because there are no rockets to use! It would only be used for cruising or grinding.

Nope. Speedglitch need to nerfed. I was just in a lobby, with like 6 Mk2 drivers. They just killed everyone. And because i fight back, they blow me so fast up, i could not even move. And they used this glitch. Even on Buzzard Niveau the rockets are ro powerful, if some if them dont even need the homing function.... Geez. 

SHOKKERZ91
1 hour ago, Barnie Spacullie said:

Yeah they need balance or to be removed from freemode.  Im not one of these anti griefing pusses either. I just think there needs balance in a game that's trying to encourage us to work our way up.  I honestly believe the sheer number of try hards buying shark cards at the first glance of a super biker blowing up griders at ease caused a huge spike in profit for rockstar which will encourage them to keep including op vehicles. Even if i had the gta money to spend, i would never buy one because this city is the same city my little cj was running around gang banging in back in San Andreas...... Not a damn Destiny/ Fortnite hybrid arena 

Tryhards are not known for buying sharkcards. Why buying a sharkcard when you can get a modded acc with hundreds of millions?

But i agree at the part with those meme mobiles. They don´t really fit into gta.

tommyguns

Fuknrekd - that it's your preferred fast transport doesn't alter the fact that there are plenty of other fast options for getting around the map. I think a lot of players don't see the wood for the trees with this game. So obsessed with getting A to B in the quickest way, scorn anything other than the most effective way to make money, they miss a lot of the actual game experience.

Gta was at it's most enjoyable years before these meme mobiles were even thought of.

:) I noticed that Xbox were doing a free weekend of live, so I ducked back into online last night. Sessions were very bare, only saw one mk2, 4-0 in my favor, then he steered well clear of me. A little more trouble than the original broom, but still didn't cause me any real issues.

With online being so quiet i may just stick to enjoying the skyrim special edition i just picked up. After that I will pick up red dead, they should have the online sorted by then.

Edited by tommyguns

Notcher

I'd be happy if the Opressor v1.0 was able to be upgraded with flares or smoke. This would level the playing field when fighting against the new Opressor. I used to enjoy using my bike for battles, but the Mark 2 overpowers the Mark 1 significantly, so much of the fun from using it in a head to head fight is taken away. A middle defense system on this bike would remedy the unbalance between the two Opressors instantly. 

IMG_20031ba5-3be2-4dcf-b3f9-f677a8ad6281

Edited by Notcher

RUFF_inthejungle

As convenient as the MK2 is, it is a spectacularly one-sided vehicle. Combine the homing rockets with the speed glitch and an instantaneous summon and there is no practical counter besides another MK2. I suspect C* is simply A) farming shark cards while B) phasing GTA online out by making it an unplayable troll's paradise and C) urging player migration to RDR2. So very useful for missions and travel but this thing throws all semblance of game balance out the window.

Voodoo-Hendrix
On 10/31/2018 at 5:07 PM, Arrows to Athens said:

So I was thinking, what if instead of keeping the speed glitch, in addition to nerfing the tracking of the missiles, R* also buffs the speed of the Oppresor Mk II to match that of the original Oppressor?

I mean, after all it's supposed to be an improved version of the Oppresor, it wouldn't makes sense to be slower than the original one.

Just my $0.02.

On 11/10/2018 at 9:15 PM, Notcher said:

I'd be happy if the Opressor v1.0 was able to be upgraded with flares or smoke. This would level the playing field when fighting against the new Opressor. I used to enjoy using my bike for battles, but the Mark 2 overpowers the Mark 1 significantly, so much of the fun from using it in a head to head fight is taken away. A middle defense system on this bike would remedy the unbalance between the two Opressors instantly. 

IMG_20031ba5-3be2-4dcf-b3f9-f677a8ad6281

IMO, the Oppresor Mk II should have been an upgrade for the original Oppressor, in the same vein of Benny's vehicles and the Insurgent Pick-up Custom and Technical Custom.

I mean, what's the point of naming it "Mk II" (which implies being an improved/better/upgraded version) if it's a separate purchase instead? Might as well just name it "Oppressor Custom" or "Oppressor 2: Electric Boogaloo".

Notcher
18 hours ago, Voodoo-Hendrix said:

I mean, what's the point of naming it "Mk II" (which implies being an improved/better/upgraded version) if it's a separate purchase instead? Might as well just name it "Oppressor Custom" or "Oppressor 2: Electric Boogaloo".

Electric Boogaloo??? What do you know about that?!?? Amazed and pleasantly surprised that you know Turbo... 😲

giphy-4_zpsubwx3xxt.gif

Edited by Notcher