Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,779 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Milesinho

Oppressor hate and ridicule thread

Prince_Polaris

It definitely shouldn't even have the ability to possess missiles, I mean its a BIKE. Where are the missiles coming from?

There are 4 rocket pods at the front, but I agree that it's ridiculous since the bike has 20, the Ruiner 2000 is far less useful than it and only holds 8.

Large muscle car: 8 missiles

Tiny f*cking bike: 20 missiles

polaris23

It definitely shouldn't even have the ability to possess missiles, I mean its a BIKE. Where are the missiles coming from?

Oh, but cars should possess missiles? Cause that's totally normalI'm not saying they should either, but this is a topic about the Oppressor. But at least it makes more sense for a car to have missiles since its body is bigger than a bike.

I say this as someone who hasn't even been griefed by the Oppressor. I just hate the idea of it being a killing machine with wings and a rocket boost, and be much more available than something like the Ruiner in terms of pricing and accessibility.

Edited by polaris23

dead goon
:)

⁣V⁣

I often go "oppressor hunting" in my molotok. It's expensive, but fun.

Definitely trying that.

Also, OT, i like the bike for flying and gliding and wall-"running". It's fun.

It shouldn't have missiles. The compact grenade launcher would be just as useful for blowing things up.

And ways to defeat it? I'm not so sure.

Sniper or explosive rounds might do the trick if you're good at it.

Homing Launcher is useless as when they hear the lock-on sound, they boost or drop to the ground to avoid it.

Minigun might be useful.

Get your oppressor and just spam rockets at eachother.

And, something I discovered yesterday, a guy in a Rogue was attacking my friends. So I took every possible angle I could and I couldn't lock-on to it.

So the new aircraft might be useful against one.

delorianlazarus

I like the Opressor...

I'm really sorry for you :/

Got another good Oppressor hunting session, always fun to see these flying turds burn.

Today's special involved a few sticky bombs, one idiot shopping in a clothing store, some taunt and provocation on the chat so he comes to me, a very tempting and very slow Bombushka, a big boom and an even bigger smile :D

And the traditional crying, as usual.

I loooove griefing those guys :)

Edited by delorianlazarus

irish.chr

I just destroyed one with a Hunter during my cargo source mission. Apparently I'm a hacker, according to the child on mic.

delorianlazarus

I just destroyed one with a Hunter during my cargo source mission. Apparently I'm a hacker, according to the child on mic.

Feels good, right?

Tears have a fresh taste when you enjoy them from high altitude

Just rammed one with a trashmaster, few minutes ago, I parked the truck on the body of the twat driving it and I went classic: RPG

elfoam

You can kill them easy in the molotok, dive directly down with a missile spam, Best bombing plane in the game if you don't use missiles :)

Davisbruh

I think the Opressor is the best bike in the game

SHADOW OPS

As do I. But this isn't the appropriate thread for that. Use the Oppressor discussion thread.

delorianlazarus

Your right!

It explodes so well, and the little debris going all around the place when you catch one in midair with a well-timed APC shot are among the best looking things in game.

Wscratch

The problem in not the opressor

The problem are gta players

As always

polaris23

Feels good, right?

Tears have a fresh taste when you enjoy them from high altitude

Just rammed one with a trashmaster, few minutes ago, I parked the truck on the body of the twat driving it and I went classic: RPG

LOVE that kill.

I had a bit of trouble killing someone on an OPpressor (get it? since its OverPowered) any tips? He kept flying off with the boost before I could lock on and he used the buildings as cover. Hmm.

I hate it even more now.

Edited by polaris23

SHADOW OPS

Sounds like one of my moves...he stole my move!

Davisbruh

As do I. But this isn't the appropriate thread for that. Use the Oppressor discussion thread.

Yeah i think I'm in the wrong thread😂

Goingcrowd9

As always

The problem are gta players AND the bike AND C* who tought adding this with missiles was a good idea.

tommyguns

As always

The problem are gta players AND the bike AND C* who tought adding this with missiles was a good idea.

Its all about perspective. For R* it was a good idea, they wanted something OP, that even the most talentless scrub in the game could use to successfully blow up lots of MC sales, IE cars, and crates. And that is just what they created. ;)

@Polaris, I've sniped them, shot the riders off with my MG, blown one up with a manual rocket from my Buzzard.

Something like the MK2 MG or one of the automatic rifles with hollow points for the rider, or FMJ for the bike would be extra effective. If you can't get a lock, you want something fast firing. The holo sights for those guns might help you getting those shots on target. Or you could take an aircraft up after it if your a decent pilot.

Happy hunting :)

polaris23

It was you! 😬

SHADOW OPS

It was you! 😬

You should have text me. I would have stopped short.

The Wandering Hunter

mines work well against them. get a nightshark and pick an area to fight in. mine the roads. bait the oppressor into landing by going head on and dodging its missiles. it then eats a mine or gets rammed by you. worst case scenario is they hit you with 20 rockets and you drive away

Edited by The Sole Survivor

Happy Hunter

I just baited one of them into flying out over the ocean while I was in my Savage. I think he may have got lumped with the same insurance bill he was trying to stick onto me lol.

gnomefromnome

I thought I was going to lose my Oppressor in the ocean once. Luckily if you pull back, it'll flip upside down and head back to land lol

elfoam

Why all the hate anyway the Oppressor is super fun. Nothing like bouncing around off the walls of skyscrapers in an endless boost.

Edited by elfoam

SHADOW OPS

I thought I was going to lose my Oppressor in the ocean once. Luckily if you pull back, it'll flip upside down and head back to land lol

I have done this many times. Chasing people to their yachts.

Happy Hunter

Why all the hate anyway the Oppressor is super fun. Nothing like bouncing around off the walls of skyscrapers in an endless boost.

It'd be a lot less hated if it didn't have 20K insurance on it. Still arguably a bit much to have so readily available (MC spawn is very quick) - but at least there wouldn't be the insurance shielding it.

As it is though - yeah. All you can do is try find ways to turn the insurance against them I guess. Right now I just use the above, but obviously it's quite limited since there's not always water around. Would be good to find some other tricks to get them to pay for the bike.

Prince_Polaris

I bought this thing, and it's kinda cool I guess, but... eehhh... it's finicky to control, finicky to get boost and get back in the air, and just generally unimpressive. If I wanna do cool air maneuvers I'm getting a plane, the oppressor is... ehh, but I'm gonna keep it since it will be the MC version of my CEO buzzard, good for getting out of a tight spot! (If I can stay on it....)

elfoam

It'd be a lot less hated if it didn't have 20K insurance on it. Still arguably a bit much to have so readily available (MC spawn is very quick) - but at least there wouldn't be the insurance shielding it.

As it is though - yeah. All you can do is try find ways to turn the insurance against them I guess. Right now I just use the above, but obviously it's quite limited since there's not always water around. Would be good to find some other tricks to get them to pay for the bike.

I honestly don't think I've ever had mine blown up! I get shot off it plenty though when I fly down to street level. I only log on if there's 20 mil to be made so I don't sweat 20k insurance :0

Edited by elfoam

delorianlazarus

@polaris

Oppressor movement can be unpredictable, because of the wings and rocket power. But, the "pilot" behavior is predictable: he will have to come after you to score the kill.

So, avoid vehicles unless you can tank explosions since he will lock on you while locking him is both hard and ineffective.

Going on foot, with sniper or high ROF weapon is efficient.

Open areas are good too; reduce opportunities for this flying dude to reload its boost ;)

Pedinhuh

It's a harder target than a Hydra.

The homing missiles are too accurate and barely miss a target, if your aircraft doesn't have flares, you are done.

20k insurance bill + BS points for blowing it up.

Overall this vehicle wasn't built for stunting, in fact, stunting with it is kind of pointless since the rocket boost kills all the challenge.

Access to it is too easy since it's a PV, and if you're on a MC, you get free missile recharges.

This vehicle was built for griefers, just like the APC.

Milesinho

If it was just being used for stunting and mucking about on, there would be no hate for it. The hate is for the missiles and the cheap players who use it for griefing and cheap kills.