Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,209 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Milesinho

Oppressor hate and ridicule thread

IamCourtney

I dunno if there's any hard data (if there is I don't have it) but Oppressor missiles seem to be an intermediate tier between the standard stuff and the R2K/Batmobile level.

Hector Tavares
Posted (edited)

Edited by Hector Tavares

MaxBazooka01

MaxBazooka01

...Thrusters?

Nah, the Thruster really isn't too bad. I actually feel bad for people flying them because they will almost always have to pay the insurance when they die in it.

Happy Hunter

tommyguns

Good work. your character always looks so incongruous in his suit and tie, flying round in military choppers and jets

I'm still rarely seeing oppressors now, but I am seeing quite a few deluxo users who need to be dealt with. I do see them minding their own business, just being used as transport, but I also see plenty going after sales or just attacking anything that moves. I've had to take out around 10 of them. I get the feeling that a bunch of oppressor users may have switched to them

IamCourtney

The Deluxo is basically Oppressor EZ mode, so it makes sense that the people who could never do more than point and shoot have moved on... only the true believers and the broke remain on the broomstick.

Happy Hunter

giphy.gif

Happy Hunter

Got a few nice kills in here.

delorianlazarus

The Deluxo is basically Oppressor EZ mode, so it makes sense that the people who could never do more than point and shoot have moved on... only the true believers and the broke remain on the broomstick.

I find Deluxos way easier to fight, because of how slow they move. And the respawn ability is more restrictive.

IamCourtney

I find Deluxos way easier to fight, because of how slow they move. And the respawn ability is more restrictive.

Oh definitely. Easier to use, easier to fight. I'll take a Deluxo griefer over and Oppressor griefer any day.

Arrows to Athens

Tries to get in his jet:

The dude then turns into the terminator... until he hops onto his Oppressor:

secrecy274

They are so predictable.

tommyguns

Well I finally got to kill another broomstick tryhard. My IRL phone went off, so I answered, should have gone passive of course, but I thought the area was clear.

About 10 seconds later, there is an explosion and my toon is dead. There was an oppressor sat about 10 feet away, in line with my toon.

He came after me when I respawned, but couldn't land a rocket anywhere near me...what a surprise!!! An oppressor tryhard who is entirely reliant on auto aim. So they fled.

They then went after a sale, so I chased after them. The CEO managed to stop, shoot them off the bike, and make the last quarter mile to the drop off. Then I got there and after some dodging around I knocked them off their broom, tossed a sticky next to them & blew them up without destroying the bike.

They got so salty about it, they left the session within seconds of respawning.

HARBUJAHN

Oppressors are running scared of the akulas its glorious :D.

delorianlazarus

Oppressors are running scared of the akulas its glorious :D.

And since you can stalk them endlessly, you can catch them right when they exhausted their boost and fly towards a piece of ground or anything to refill ... You have a guaranteed kill with proper timing :D

tommyguns

After famine comes feast :)

I was in a session last night, with not 1, not 2, but 3!!! Oppressors. I got 9-10 kills on them before a couple left and the other switched to a tank. Only incurred a sole 20k charge, the rest of them I killed under the cover of fully loaded.

Happy Hunter

Got one of them at the start of this.

Hécate-II

Someone got bored from riding a broomstick and gently seated in my Buzzard. ;)

1516107892-grand-theft-auto-v-screenshot

Happy Hunter

delorianlazarus

My most recent episode :

I was hanging around with a friend, when two dudes showed up, each riding a bike.

We asked gently if we could get a try, take them for a spin, no attack or any bullsh*t.....once we got our asses sitting on their bikes, we kept flying using the "you can't kick me from your own bike" technique.

Ten minutes later, and after multiple calls towards us involving sex and animals, we ditched them in Alamo sea... feels good to be trolling in team instead of alone :D

To anyone who doesn't know the trick :

You can't be kicked from an ugly flying bike if you are airborne. Even if the owner spams the "empty the vehicle" button in interaction menu, nothing prevents you from flying this sh*t

So, to troll some Harry Potter wannabe :

1) Steal his bike

2) deploy wings

3) activate the boost ASAP

4) go airborne

5) hit the ground with both weels for a split second just to trigger the boost recharge

6) go up in the air again, waiting for the boost to be full

7) Boost again to keep flying

8) Repeat from 5

9) enjoy the insults and salty messages

10) ditch the bike in the water, destroy it, or attack its owner : it's up to you and your fantasy

:p:D:p:D:p

Edited by delorianlazarus

secrecy274

My most recent episode :

I was hanging around with a friend, when two dudes showed up, each riding a bike.

We asked gently if we could get a try, take them for a spin, no attack or any bullsh*t.....once we got our asses sitting on their bikes, we kept flying using the "you can't kick me from your own bike" technique.

Ten minutes later, and after multiple calls towards us involving sex and animals, we ditched them in Alamo sea... feels good to be trolling in team instead of alone :D

To anyone who doesn't know the trick :

You can't be kicked from an ugly flying bike if you are airborne. Even if the owner spams the "empty the vehicle" button in interaction menu, nothing prevents you from flying this sh*t

So, to troll some Harry Potter wannabe :

1) Steal his bike

2) deploy wings

3) activate the boost ASAP

4) go airborne

5) hit the ground with both weels for a split second just to trigger the boost recharge

6) go up in the air again, waiting for the boost to be full

7) Boost again to keep flying

8) Repeat from 5

9) enjoy the insults and salty messages

10) ditch the bike in the water, destroy it, or attack its owner : it's up to you and your fantasy

:p:D:p:D:p

Can't they just "return the vehicle to garage"?

Edited by secrecy274

delorianlazarus

^

It's still in use in the hands of someone, so I guess no. Only a guess, tho.

I never got kicked from a stolen flying bike.maybe they were too busy typing insults to think about it :D

Happy Hunter

Not so fast!

Arrows to Athens

No Oppressor for you.

secrecy274

What's that, ridiculous tracking on missiles?

Well, two can play that game.

SHOKKERZ91

Malaria-bike with homing launcher assist. Seems like it doesn´t help.

tommyguns

Did the deluxo dislike thread get removed?

I nominate that we also hunt those things too. I do see people who just seem to use them as transport, but its gotten like oppressors when they came out. Every session I end up in, it seems to have 2-3 of them trawling round spamming rockets at anything that moves.

Since I last posted, I've taken out around a half dozen of them & a few more oppressors. Dealing with the broomsticks from my phantom has gotten easier for me since I decided to load my mk2 pistol up with hollow points.

Drops em quicker than my AP, and fires a lot faster than my heavy revolver.

One of them was better than most, he made sure he always landed on a rooftop when Hus boost ran out. Him I had to bounty, then I went otr and got my akula. I stalked him from high altitude until he focussed on someone else, then swooped down on him and waited until I was nice and close before dropping stealth and firing. The 4th rocket took him out.

Arrows to Athens

I nominate that we also hunt those things too. I do see people who just seem to use them as transport, but its gotten like oppressors when they came out. Every session I end up in, it seems to have 2-3 of them trawling round spamming rockets at anything that moves.

Since I last posted, I've taken out around a half dozen of them & a few more oppressors. Dealing with the broomsticks from my phantom has gotten easier for me since I decided to load my mk2 pistol up with hollow points.

One of them was better than most, he made sure he always landed on a rooftop when Hus boost ran out. Him I had to bounty, then I went otr and got my akula. I stalked him from high altitude until he focussed on someone else, then swooped down on him and waited until I was nice and close before dropping stealth and firing. The 4th rocket took him out.

I really don't know why the hate for the Oppressor overcomes the hate for any other vehicle in the game. I'm smelling some double standard here.

The Oppressor hate thread has survived 22 pages and is still active, yet the moment you make a hate thread for, let's say, the Hydra, it will instantly get removed/locked.

Edited by Arrows to Athens

The First Hunter

I really don't know why the hate for the Oppressor overcomes the hate for any other vehicle in the game. I'm smelling some double standard here.

The Oppressor hate thread has survived 22 pages and is still active, yet the moment you make a hate thread for, let's say, the Hydra, it will instantly get removed/locked.

Right! Honestly Oppressor is nowhere near as bad as Deluxo yet people hate it and love Deluxo.

Arrows to Athens

Right! Honestly Oppressor is nowhere near as bad as Deluxo yet people hate it and love Deluxo.

Probably because it's from a popular movie franchise and has that nostalgic value, but that still doesn't make it exempt from being an annoying griefing/trolling tool. Plus, you can use the underworld glitch with it, which makes it even worse!