Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,779 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Milesinho

Oppressor hate and ridicule thread

Commander S

I'd be satisfied with the Oppressor no longer existing [...]

Amended it for you. ;)

It's a sci-fi space bike. The fact that R* adds in stuff from Battlestar friggin' Galactica (and I love Battlestar Galactica - just not haphazardly grafted in my modern-day crime thrillers without a shred of context... :p), all at the expense of adding things people actually want, and make sense for the setting (vintage Mustang, Supra, etc.)? It's nonsensical - and at this point, just so very, very tiresome. :sigh:

At this rate, I reckon we'll be getting one of these before we'll ever see the likes of a Dominator Classic or what-have-you:

E4D_IA_1136_6b8704fa.jpeg?region=237%2C0

And at least that's still reasonably grounded - although I imagine that R*'s take on it would require you owning a bunker and MOC first (because of course), and the option to upgrade it with homing missiles... :turn:

Edited by Commander S

Prince_Polaris

I approve of this thread, at this point, I instantly get annoyed just seeing that thing's icon on my screen.

Same. I'm usually against griefing and random killings, but when I see a Oppressor or a Jet, no mercy.

Well, I just leave most of the time... I try to be optimistic, but any time I see an oppressor and it's coming for me, I get 20 rockets up my ass before I can say "Hello"

_47_

Killed a lot of oppressors using a Molotok and explosive sniper rifle.

Not a real issue for me. I feel bad for those still dealing with those rocket bikes.

Edited by _47_

GTAUrbanCamping

Had one try like a dickens to get me on the hospital. He gave up and landed on the very top of the hospital (not helipad where I was)...so I left :D

Cutter De Blanc

I like hopping in my Starling and showing Opressors what real air superiority in a glider looks like

Hint: It doesn't look like a f*cking motorcycle

Edited by Cutter De Blanc

Mattoropael

I just sit in my Phantom Custom and let them pound away. They generally don't even know they need more than 3 Oppressors' worth of missiles to actually kill me.

MeisterJazz

I rarely use my Oppressor for pvp. Admittedly though, its one of the main reason I refuse to go into public lobbies,

IceDree

I love to bait scooters, its so much fun watching them take the bait & fall for it every single time. Gotta be in a VIP work though. Stupid insurance & bad sport points.

I blew up the last scooter that came after me with a grenade, cornered it & threw a grenade at it ... For an added bonus, I ran him\her over once s\he respawned back.

The Wandering Hunter

i greeted a guy who blew up his own scooty puff junior by rammming my nightshark while firing. he exploded. 3 times, then i went to my moc.

^^ auto correct, yes i "greeted" him with the front of my nightshark

Edited by The Sole Survivor

SHADOW OPS

Hated +/- feared. Feels good to be feared. I hate all Oppressors except my own.

Snoopbr

Kcra8CF.jpg

deadx23

I approve of this thread, at this point, I instantly get annoyed just seeing that thing's icon on my screen.

Same. I'm usually against griefing and random killings, but when I see a Oppressor or a Jet, no mercy.

Well, I just leave most of the time... I try to be optimistic, but any time I see an oppressor and it's coming for me, I get 20 rockets up my ass before I can say "Hello"

can you hear the jaws theme when you see one :lol:

Prince_Polaris

can you hear the jaws theme when you see one :lol:

>Look at minimap

>Oppressor icon approaching fact

>GET TO PROCESS EXPLORER

secrecy274

I just sit in my Phantom Custom and let them pound away. They generally don't even know they need more than 3 Oppressors' worth of missiles to actually kill me.

i do the same in my Hauler Custom, however the problem is that they can, when out, fly high, bail and call a new one before they hit the ground.

SHADOW OPS

I have had quite a few times where I jumped off when I heard the beep and the other player paid for my bike and didn't get the kill.

gnomefromnome

. Killed each other, he paid insurance, I didn't lol

Arrows to Athens

Just blow the bitch up and move on...

But dat insurance bill tho...

And bad sport.

Forza Harrd

Am I the only one that knows how to beat the Oppressor?

You can see one coming for you from miles away because you can see the icon/player cut through the map by gliding straight towards you. It means they are coming after you because of the path. Therefore, bait the player, by simply getting out of your car. That completely negates the homing and they will either go away or come gliding towards you in which you can just shoot them out of the air. I have killed many Oppressors and I try to be near my APC when doing so. I can get back in APC before their respawn and go after them before they can call another one even as a MC.

This. I'm a lousy pvp player with a .5 kd to prove it, and i've killed every Oppressor I've seen by getting out of my car and equipping a combat MG. Autoaim lobbies ftw.

Prince_Polaris

You can see one coming for you from miles away because you can see the icon/player cut through the map by gliding straight towards you. It means they are coming after you because of the path. Therefore, bait the player, by simply getting out of your car. That completely negates the homing and they will either go away or come gliding towards you in which you can just shoot them out of the air. I have killed many Oppressors and I try to be near my APC when doing so. I can get back in APC before their respawn and go after them before they can call another one even as a MC.

This. I'm a lousy pvp player with a .5 kd to prove it, and i've killed every Oppressor I've seen by getting out of my car and equipping a combat MG. Autoaim lobbies ftw.

If I could use autoaim with a keyboard and mouse, then I would switch to those lobbies lol

Forza Harrd

If I could use autoaim with a keyboard and mouse, then I would switch to those lobbies lol

My problem was I was involved in some duping activities that necessitated that I join a friend in a different aim session, so to effect that I was constantly switching from freeaim to auto and vice versa. And occasionally I totally forgot what lobby I was in until I had to shoot it out of some pvp action. Then it was too late, I was dead. I was in free aim and I thought it was auto. :(

Happy Hunter

Well to be fair most Oppressor riders I see can't aim for sh*t. If they can though, then they're unlikely to get auto aimed.

giphy.gif

When I use it (which is rare - typically I only use it on the lowest of the low, who deserve it), I might get auto aimed every now and then , but I'll kill more than I die. Plus you can just call it at your feet the moment you respawn.

SHADOW OPS

And bad sport.

Takes a lot of cars for that to matter

Pedinhuh

And bad sport.Takes a lot of cars for that to matter

But the principle of it is what is wrong here, we shouldn't be penalized for defending ourselves.

SHADOW OPS

And bad sport.
Takes a lot of cars for that to matter

But the principle of it is what is wrong here, we shouldn't be penalized for defending ourselves.

I agree it is stupid. I wish they would have removed the explosive rounds on the jet instead of introducing the oppressor. With that being said I do appreciate the fact that now I run towards jets instead of away. I hate what jets did to GTAO. Lesser of two evils. I have far more issues with the apc. Getting out of your car against an apc doesn't help. They still f*ck you up.

DrSweatySphincter

I finally took one down trying to destroy someone's product, take the 20k I dont care lol

polaris23

It definitely shouldn't even have the ability to possess missiles, I mean its a BIKE. Where are the missiles coming from?

Pedinhuh

It definitely shouldn't even have the ability to possess missiles, I mean its a BIKE. Where are the missiles coming from?

There are 4 rocket pods at the front, but I agree that it's ridiculous since the bike has 20, the Ruiner 2000 is far less useful than it and only holds 8.

No Use For A Name

Oh, but cars should possess missiles? Cause that's totally normal

Davisbruh

I like the Opressor...

Sandman3769

I often go "oppressor hunting" in my molotok. It's expensive, but fun.