Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,822 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Neon_Dreaming

Buildable Safehouses

Neon_Dreaming

Safehouses are a staple in the Gta series, from Niko's grubby Bohan apartment to Tommy's mansion every game has them. In V you unlock them as the story progresses, Franklin gets his Vinewood Hills home and Trevor has a place to crash at the Vanilla Unicorn. San Andreas takes a different approach with multiple safehouses across the map which can be yours is you have the cash.

My question is would you like to see buildable safehouses in the next Gta? Buy a plot of land in the country or a site in the city. Choose how it looks inside and out, a warm and cozy cabin in the country of a mansion with twenty foot high gates.

Would you consider this a worthwhile addition to the game or is it something that would take away focus away from more important aspects of the game? If you were to implement this feature how would you go about it?

ViceOfLiberty

Safehouses are a staple in the Gta series, from Niko's grubby Bohan apartment to Tommy's mansion every game has them. In V you unlock them as the story progresses, Franklin gets his Vinewood Hills home and Trevor has a place to crash at the Vanilla Unicorn. San Andreas takes a different approach with multiple safehouses across the map which can be yours is you have the cash.

My question is would you like to see buildable safehouses in the next Gta? Buy a plot of land in the country or a site in the city. Choose how it looks inside and out, a warm and cozy cabin in the country of a mansion with twenty foot high gates.

Would you consider this a worthwhile addition to the game or is it something that would take away focus away from more important aspects of the game? If you were to implement this feature how would you go about it?

I think it's a waste of dev time and disk space. A scaleable criminal enterprise where you can buy different things to put INSIDE a safehouse may be okay. Even at that I think it's a step into the sims niche which is really pointless. I'd focus that dev time on just having a variety of criminal activities to get into in freeroam.

Edited by ViceOfLiberty

DOUGL4S1

Maybe not a buildable safehouse per say, but something similar to how yatchs, clubhouses, offices, etc. in GTA:Online work would already be good enough, choosing the color or design on walls, some furniture, the color or material of details, etc.

Neon_Dreaming

I think it's a waste of dev time and disk space. A scaleable criminal enterprise where you can buy different things to put INSIDE a safehouse may be okay. Even at that I think it's a step into the sims niche which is really pointless. I'd focus that dev time on just having a variety of criminal activities to get into in freeroam.

Yeah I was edging towards that opinion too, if it took away from the core gameplay it would be a no from me, maybe a dlc similar to how Skyrim implemented houses in the Hearthfire dlc would be a decent compromise. That way it wouldn't interfere with gameplay as it would come out after the game had been released.

Edited by Neon_Dreaming

Algonquin Assassin

I think it would be cool if we had some customising options like in Scarface with Tony's mansion, but only to that extent I feel would be more realistic.

universetwisters

No! I wanna play Grand Theft Auto, not Tonka Construction 2!