3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

tonymontana5

Things GTA Vice City did better than GTA San Andreas

Miamivicecity

Vercetti Estate > Madd Dogg's crib. Inside of the mansion I feel like I'm in Scarface. Madd Doog's crib is really generic and kind of just feels like a slightly bigger safehouse compared to the rest of the copy & paste safehouses in San Andreas. It's boring.

perennial
9 hours ago, Miamivicecity said:

Vercetti Estate > Madd Dogg's crib. Inside of the mansion I feel like I'm in Scarface. Madd Doog's crib is really generic and kind of just feels like a slightly bigger safehouse compared to the rest of the copy & paste safehouses in San Andreas. It's boring. 

Madd Dogg's crib doesn't have bodyguards or weapon spawns either unlike Vercetti Mansion. I was also disappointed to find out the garages at the Madd Dogg's crib couldn't be used. The other purchasable safehouse of the Vinewood hills was more useful.

Miamivicecity
25 minutes ago, perennial said:

Madd Dogg's crib doesn't have bodyguards or weapon spawns either unlike Vercetti Mansion. I was also disappointed to find out the garages at the Madd Dogg's crib couldn't be used. The other purchasable safehouse of the Vinewood hills was more useful.

Something I forgot to mention is I like the personal touch that Tommy named it after himself. Even though he didn't buy it and took it by force it's a cool little touch nonetheless. Madd Dogg's crib makes CJ feel like a squatter IMO. 

YanUK

VC utilised the game world better.

SA whilst arguably being the forerunner to the hit "open world" games we see today, felt too "open world".

Bryce Montrose

GTA Vice City storyline is far better than GTA SA, and GTA Vice City bike sound was so cool

Evil empire

-The bloodring is much funnier than in San Fierro.

chivikoko

I do not know this things but GTA Vice city is really better than San Andreas..   Friv & Geomerty Dash 

Snowman

Business assets were much better utilized and feel important to the game. Some have repeatable missions which is cool.

The story felt more single-minded and a lot less contrived. A lot of San Andreas' story felt like filler they put in just to make use of the big map.

Tommy's ascent to power feels much more impactful. From Forelli proletariat working out of a hotel room to running a criminal empire from his Scarface compound with his henchmen roaming around is an unmatched experience.

Interiors being connected to the outside world. SA's interiors felt solipsistic and isolated.

PC controls being 1000% superior for combat. Persistent reticle when wielding a gun + strafing made the game almost have an FPS feel. SA lacking this layout for PC in favor of the "cinematic" style camera and click-to-aim style of play made combat less skillful.

Guns actually feel different compared to nearly every gun in the same class feeling the same in San Andreas.

The streets felt a lot more dangerous. Strolling into Little Haiti after Trojan Voodoo is nearly a death sentence if you're not prepared, gangs in SA had sh*t aim and were not really a threat.

CJ shaky moral code of being against the drug dealing Ballas, but has no problem with other equally harmful rackets. Tommy has no contradictions; he doesn't pretend to be a good guy, he's here to take over Vice City by any means necessary.

Edited by Snowman

TheSantader25

SA is nearly a complete game IMO but there were some things in VC that didn't appear in SA. These are some of the few flaws I found in SA. 

-Paper litter on the ground

-the ability to rob shops

-a far better interior system. cops can shoot you from outside and even come in. How better SA could be with this feature? Your recruited gang members could probably enter different places with you if this feature existed. Also far better loading times for interiors in VC. 

-Better draw distance. 

Snowman
On 1/2/2019 at 2:28 AM, TheSantader25 said:

Your recruited gang members could probably enter different places with you if this feature existed. Also far better loading times for interiors in VC. 

A lot of people don't know this, but once you complete Vice City 100% you can recruit 3 Vercetti gang members from Tommy's estate. And you're right, they do follow you into interiors!

vc.png

Their AI is not as good as recruited gang members in SA (they only start shooting at enemies after they've successfully hit you) but they become useful during high wanted levels where you're taking unavoidable shots from lots of police.

TheSantader25
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Snowman said:

A lot of people don't know this, but once you complete Vice City 100% you can recruit 3 Vercetti gang members from Tommy's estate. And you're right, they do follow you into interiors!

vc.png

Their AI is not as good as recruited gang members in SA (they only start shooting at enemies after they've successfully hit you) but they become useful during high wanted levels where you're taking unavoidable shots from lots of police.

Yes I was actually aware of this though I never took them to interiors. This proves that if SA used the same system the gang members could follow you inside. 

Edited by TheSantader25