2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Grand Theft Ambience: Soaking up the LA Skyline against all odds

DuckEarly

Walking down the mean streets you'd be excused for thinking gta online takes place in a post apocalyptic seattle in the wet season, rockstars painstaking recreation of LA fell flat and we are left with a bastardised Sacremento filled with fighter jets and chromed out supercars that posses the ability of flight

The mood of the game has become flippant, gone are the days of sketchy muggers with broken bottles and tech nines and in are the days of military masks fur coats and miniguns, in the desert it's easy to mistake this mess for some kind of knock off Mad Max

However all is not lost, this isn't some aimless bitch and moan, I have a plan to fix this and I need your help!

Firstly we need to start dressing and driving appropriately, youre in LA put on a Tshirt take off that flight suit, dont walk around with an owl on your head, wear a cap, if you play a female avatar put on some heels, some hoops earings and a big pair of sunglasses to cover up, this is grand theft barbie, not grand theft army - now that you are appropriately dressed, trade in that supercar, buy a motorcycle or a cheap sedan ffs, we are street kids living on a diet of pisswasser and cigarettes, not billionaire gob heads in fancy houses, if youre bank balance is under 15 million act like it, heres an idea for you: ""AUTHENTICITY"" google it hunny

Secondly we need to stop doing these jobs man! no more heists ffs no more big budget action movie shenanigans, just rob stores, save your money and buy a weed farm, thats the gta dream! sell drugs not crates, flying motorcycles and beefy tanks dont fit the vibe, just because rockstar releases content doesnt mean we have to play it, we can operate outside of rockstars toxic vision of limitless income, we dont need money, which brings me into the third thing

Property! no more cars no more god damn buildings, sell your garages and buy a house with a two car garage, thats all you need and sets a better vibe anyway, tell me you dont feel slick smoking a bong in a dingy apartment in downtown LA, thats gta! not this underground bunker, secret death truck yacht bs, cleanse your mind and your possesions, your spirit and your wallet will thank you

What are we left with? real honest gta, bicycle races downtown, gang fights in the street, drinking beers and banging hookers, snapmatic photos capturing the magic moments, soon youll remember that less is more, that those first days in that seemingly limitless world were the sweetest and that the path back there is as easy as renouncing your material possessions and embracing the gta that should have been!

You basically contradicted yourself with the Grand Theft Barbie quote from Quinns clothing thread.

i think that women have enough clothing selections, this isnt grand theft barbie, male avatars have like 3 options for clothes: pants, shirt, hat and then accessories, female avatars have f*cking high heels and hoop earings and cardigans and all sorts of pretentious sh*t, it's not right for the ambience of the game, if anything they should strip back the female clothing options because in this case, less really is more

At the end of the day, people can play how they want with what they want... and wear what they want. Edited by REXX

You basically contradicted yourself with the Grand Theft Barbie quote from Quinns clothing thread.

i think that women dont have enough clothing selections, this is grand theft barbie, male avatars have like 3 options for clothes: pants, shirt, hat and then accessories, female avatars have f*cking high heels and hoop earings, big sunglasses and all sorts of pretentious sh*t, it's right for the ambience of the game, if anything they should add stripper clothing options because in this case, less really is more

At the end of the day, people can play how they want with what they want... and wear what they want.

Thats a pretty old quote, opinions change, i understand that it comes down to personal taste, thats why im encouraging this alternative gta lifestyle, its objectively more fun playing as described in the OP

Edited by vnus_dmlo

i think that women dont have enough clothing selections, this is grand theft barbie, male avatars have like 3 options for clothes: pants, shirt, hat and then accessories, female avatars have f*cking high heels and hoop earings, big sunglasses and all sorts of pretentious sh*t, it's right for the ambience of the game, if anything they should add stripper clothing options because in this case, less really is more

At the end of the day, people can play how they want with what they want... and wear what they want.
Thats a pretty old quote, opinions change, i understand that it comes down to personal taste, thats why im encouraging this alternative gta lifestyle, its objectively more fun playing as described in the OP

So old, it was posted yesterday...

Understandable that you're are encouraging players to get back to the real roots of GTA, I ocassionally have, y'know to have a break from everything. Took my Endurex racebike around SA. Was nice and was fast enough (just) to do Sightseer with.

However, as prices increase in-game thats where this fun/grind issue comes into play. I mean for some people grinding is fun (I ocassionally like a good ol' grind), but then there are fun things players can do that, well, pay peanuts or nothing at all... and that will get you nowhere nowadays.

They way I see it, day one players (including myself) have been in the position you described in your main OP. Over the years we have simply made our way up the chains.

I know jets and tanks roaming Los Santos is in someway a little farfetched, but being a game (and a sandbox) means things like this can happen... and unfortunally in most ocassions, they do.

Understandable that you're are encouraging players to get back to the real roots of GTA, I ocassionally have, y'know to have a break from everything. Took my Endurex racebike around SA. Was nice and was fast enough (just) to do Sightseer with.

However, as prices increase in-game thats where this fun/grind issue comes into play. I mean for some people grinding is fun (I ocassionally like a good ol' grind), but then there are fun things players can do that, well, pay peanuts or nothing at all... and that will get you nowhere nowadays.

They way I see it, day one players (including myself) have been in the position you described in your main OP. Over the years we have simply made our way up the chains.

I know jets and tanks roaming Los Santos is in someway a little farfetched, but being a game (and a sandbox) means things like this can happen... and unfortunally in most ocassions, they do.

increasing prices is why we need to stop! sell your apartments, dont buy the new sh*t rockstar brings out, live in a 2 garage apartment and sell weed to kids on the corner, ride a bicycle, ive been playing like this since day 1 ive never done a heist, im authentic, im a street kid, a cold killer, i drink beers on the pier and beat up outlaw motorcycle gangs in the desert, i am a part of the rich tapestry of san andreas, not a slave to rockstars consumerist agenda, i play tennis and arm wrestle women in the alamo, i dont need or want any of the techno bs rockstar brings out and you shouldnt either man, just say no

So this is a "play as i tell you to play" thread.

no tnx.

As long as i don't bother others i play as i want. I paid for MY copy.

sure you play as you want.

but don't order others around.

And yeah sure this game isn't your typical gta but it was never meant to be. you always Will get playstyles that don't fit the " true nature" of los santos because that's what happens when other people play the same game aswell.

you sound like a cultist.

• Like 2

So this is a "play as i tell you to play" thread.

no tnx.

As long as i don't bother others i play as i want. I paid for MY copy.

sure you play as you want.

but don't order others around.

And yeah sure this game isn't your typical gta but it was never meant to be. you always Will get playstyles that don't fit the " true nature" of los santos because that's what happens when other people play the same game aswell.

you sound like a cultist.

i dont have any control over what you do, but why should rockstar? im just sharing what ive found that gives me enjoyment, and allows me to play the game in a refreshing way that feels authentic and honest, if rockstar dropped an update that exemplified this playstyle and charged 2 million dollars for a sh*tty apartment you would all be eating it up but since its a stranger on the internet it sounds like cultism, obviously i just want to have fun in san andreas and i have fun by sharing joy with others, i know if you tried this aesthetic youd love it and find the joy that was missing in rockstars empty consumerism, i implore you to consider it, you dont even need to commit, just forget about selling your stuff and push it to the side in the back of your mind, live in the fast lane man

increasing prices is why we need to stop! sell your apartments, dont buy the new sh*t rockstar brings out, live in a 2 garage apartment and sell weed to kids on the corner, ride a bicycle, ive been playing like this since day 1 ive never done a heist, im authentic, im a street kid, a cold killer, i drink beers on the pier and beat up outlaw motorcycle gangs in the desert, i am a part of the rich tapestry of san andreas, not a slave to rockstars consumerist agenda, i play tennis and arm wrestle women in the alamo, i dont need or want any of the techno bs rockstar brings out and you shouldnt either man, just say no

I'll say no to something I don't want or need. But with 90mil in the bank, money isn't really an issue. If Rockstar releases something I like and want, I'll buy it then make the money back with I/E and VIP work. Basic cycle I've been doing since launch: spend money, make the money I spent. Like I said above, its grinding, but I like it so I do it.

Good luck with that play style. I'm sure you'll last all of 5 minutes in a public session in your sedan.

My GTA character has over 100 days/2500 hours. A game day is 48 minutes. That's 8.5 years in game time. (2500 x 60 = 150,000 minutes played. 150,000 / 48 = 3125 in game days. 3125 / 365.25 = 8.56 in game years)

8.5 years of crawling up the ladder. From street punk to criminal king pin. I do what I like, when I like, how I like because, well $300m+ earned.

If this was the early days, sure. Drive that Sedan, live in that small house, or even in that car. Us day zero players did that! I lived in my car for a few days while I earned enough for the 6 car garage by the impound. It grew from there.

If GTA Online has stopped us being able to flaunt our millions it would have died 3 years ago.

I like the vibes you're putting out but I feel like if you want that playstyle you have to go back to IV MP where it was all low end stuff with the rare rocket launcher or sports car, no supers or aerial bombardments.

I like the vibes you're putting out but I feel like if you want that playstyle you have to go back to IV MP where it was all low end stuff with the rare rocket launcher or sports car, no supers or aerial bombardments.

thats where youre wrong, its all there! all available you just need to renounce the inexplicable and live by the laws of the street, soak up the vibes, im not the only one theres a 2 car garager small time pusher in every server you just need to look

HamwithCheese

Just as you've made a thread to "suggest" to play a certain way, I'm "suggesting" you to not do that.

• Like 3

Let's play poor. Me like. Me do.

I'v got one outfit kinda like my old Niko Bellic. I put this on - go get a cheap sedan - and just drive around listening to radio. Rob a store. Bang a hooker. Watch the sunrise. Stalk npcs. For a few minutes...

...then I put on my pink outfit and run for my pink Hydra...

Op i get what you are saying and for the most part I can feel you...

Everybody has their own playstyle

People will play how they like and buy what they like, i dont feel it is necessary to own every car and every single item up for purchase but people are free to do as they please, when in public lobbies you will come across all kinds and for the most part it is what u described, people in fur coats and owl masks driving insurgents...its mad, its chaos but its a public lobby

What you want sounds like roleplay which can be awesome...but you need to be alone or with like minded people/ friends to achieve this...you cant dictate how to play...and you shouldn't imo...I would have made this game very different if I were in charge and so would every single other person, we are all different...

I suggest you find some fellow roleplayers or friends who are into that... or play alone if you want some therapy from gta online public lobby maddness, no1 is stopping you from doing what you described...

I have given my avatar/ character a personality and backstory...a young kid in ls brought up around the gang culture and ghetto who eventually gets super powers..the tries to find his place in a crazy world...Depending on how I feel i will play at different stages of the story....when in public lobby grinding, I play as if he has had his powers for a few months, he has all these gadgets, guns, bunker etc

But when alone, ill play as if he just acquired them, still driving round in my rhapsody, staying in the two car apartment, or 6car apartment (his mothers house) I dress like I live in LA, i walk around, hang out in the hood, rob a store with a brown paper bag, hit switches in my lowrider...gang bang (hes grove associated) use an uzi, go to the beach, steal cars, hide from or escape police instead of call lester, sometimes try mot to kill police but wound them and run etc...its fun...but is more enjoyable in a controlled setting...

I have two friends who sometimes we get together invite only, turn off the radar, free aim, leave all our heavy guns in he locker, only one pistol, or whaterver we pick up and roleplay, no radar so we have to communicate where we are and where to meet, and try to navigate...its very fun and when you stop looking at the radar you notice a lot more detail, its very immersive, drive a bit more civilised amd more aunthentic to the setting...

Im going off a little

Anyway point is, people will do what they want that the game allows, if you want to play a certain way, do it and find others who do...

i dont have any control over what you do, but why should rockstar?

Bottom line is they don't.

You don't have to buy anything from the DLCs. You don't have to join missions. You don't have to...

R* have just created a space where everything is available to you.

You decide how you play.

True that you dont HAVE to buy them but its either that or get amazingly annoying phone calls and SMS messages you cant stop every damn session.

• Like 3

Really liked the OP... :)

It's a cool idea, not a lecture or an attempt do force people to play a certain way. Lots of people role play in GTA and to me it sounds like fun. I have had spurts of similar gameplay, walking across LS West to East with a friend not retaliating to any kills was great fun.

I have been planning on clearing out my secondary character on one of my accounts, I may well sell everything and just keep a house and two car garage for a laugh.

Right about those calls Stapp, you can turn off many notifications on your phone but I am pretty sure you cannot stop the NPC's calling you up 247 :(

Edited by JuniorChubb

True that you dont HAVE to buy them but its either that or get amazingly annoying phone calls and SMS messages you cant stop every damn session.

Swings and roundabouts innit

I'm glad every player has their own playstyles and opinions, because honestly if I had to play by your rules and what you want, I'd just fling my game into the air and shoot the sh*t out of it. First, I don't smoke, I hate smokers, and I sure as hell hate stoners, so why the hell would I sell weed?

The rest is too much to reply to....no. Just..gonna leav....

i think that women have enough clothing selections, this isnt grand theft barbie, male avatars have like 3 options for clothes: pants, shirt, hat and then accessories, female avatars have f*cking high heels and hoop earings and cardigans and all sorts of pretentious sh*t, it's not right for the ambience of the game, if anything they should strip back the female clothing options because in this case, less really is more

Love this

• Like 2

tenor.gif

• Like 3

you hate stoners?

how can you hate people because they like and use weed? every stoner is not the same...they are normal people who just happen to enjoy weed...

anyway..its off topic so forget it...just seems like a weird thing to announce and focus on..

• Like 2

this is grand theft barbie, not grand theft army

It's neither. Though at the same time, it's both.

It's Grand Theft Auto, and you can do whatever you want. Without having to care whether people don't like that you like clothes, or attack helicopters, or hot rods, or muscle cars, or tuners, etc.

People need to stop trying to set people against each other.

:) i did all this stuff before,i don't walk around like an crazy tactic maniac all the time,i only use this kind of outfit during Jobs to hide my identity,in the meantime i am just driving my common tampa around in a leather jacket with my signature glasses,or going to the beach with an beach outfit,this kind of thing of course is impossible to do in Public sessions with randoms,they will just come here and kill you,if you are on passive they will still be there in these jets with their tactic outfits in public making the game feel like,meh i don't even know how to explain how i feel when i see an Rhino Tank on the streets,like an completely normal thing.

Roleplaying is a cool thing,pretending you are an normal criminal,an normal person in Los Santos(i actually prefer Paleto Bay,but ok),going to fort zancudo pretending you are an Normal Soldier :),being a cop back in 2014 with the otufit glitch,being an Vago member or an Ballas member,there is a lot of possibilities for roleplaying in this game,and i like that,unfortunately i have to grind so i can buy new stuff,but the good thing is,i only need more four vehicles and then,i can return to the GTA dream of free roaming around on Paleto Bay.(The four Vehicles are FH-1 Hunter,Vigilante,Tula,Molotok).

Instead of giving up of everything to enjoy the game properly,just buy stuff you know you gonna use later,i mean why exactly you need 40 super cars?are you sure you gonna use them all?or end up selling it later?by selecting carefully what you gonna buy you will have time to roleplay around and have cool new stuff at the same time until the next DLC comes out,but trying to buy everything will just get you tired of grinding,and most important from the game.