Mammoth Mogul Discussion

russeler97

Anybody else use this bad boy for Fortified? I just park it next to the armored Boxville and use the turret to take out all of the enemy NPCs that drive up, when/if Buzzards spawn I just hop out quickly and snipe them with exp rounds our use the homing launcher. Beats using a Rhino like I had up until the Mogul dropped. Easiest 35k you could hope to make in 10 min, and you get to look and feel badass doing it. The upgraded turret is a beast at close range.

Edited by AUScowboy
  • Like 2

79'Blazer4x4

Picked up this and a Starling with this week's discounts. I love this thing, it's far from a top or even competitive performer(especially for a lone wolf like myself), but it looks stunning and feels great to fly, it feels and handles appropriately for a bomber(at least as far as GTA plane physics go), it doesn't feel too light, nimble or twitchy like a lot of the other Smuggler's Run planes do. It's also the very first vehicle I've ever painted chrome(outside of purposely ugly vehicles in single player), and the first I've found that looks good that way. Anyway, here are some pictures.

4lBmjXT.jpg

1HPlahM.jpgl7w92kI.jpg

Coming in for a landing.Wfgyikw.jpg

In the hangar.

ZRFydWS.jpg

Edited by 79'Blazer4x4

Willy A. Jeep

Picked up this and a Starling with this week's discounts. I love this thing, it's far from a top or even competitive performer(especially for a lone wolf like myself), but it looks stunning and feels great to fly, it feels and handles appropriately for a bomber(at least as far as GTA plane physics go), it doesn't feel too light, nimble or twitchy like a lot of the other Smuggler's Run planes do. It's also the very first vehicle I've ever painted chrome(outside of purposely ugly vehicles in single player), and the first I've found that looks good that way. Anyway, here are some pictures.

(beautiful stuff snipped)

Oh, that is just beautiful. I was between Brushed Aluminum and Chrome for the Twilight Knight, my own Mogul, and decided the aluminum worked better with the livery I wanted, in the end. But seeing one in chrome... Oh, it's just so fantastic, I might have to rethink my decision and shell out that cash.

• Like 1

79'Blazer4x4

(beautiful stuff snipped)

Oh, that is just beautiful. I was between Brushed Aluminum and Chrome for the Twilight Knight, my own Mogul, and decided the aluminum worked better with the livery I wanted, in the end. But seeing one in chrome... Oh, it's just so fantastic, I might have to rethink my decision and shell out that cash.

Yeah, the bad thing about the chrome is that it makes liveries barely visible, fortunately the look I wanted didn't require any liveries. It would still be nice if the liveries were unaffected by the chrome though. I notice that even the metal paints make the liveries somewhat transparent in bright lighting.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
DoxerWhite

I switched to chrome too. My turret is based on those from the Beechcraft AT-11 Kansan.

eeS3pq-rI0SU0fIcVQJRuw_0_0.jpg

Edited by DoxerWhite
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
xXxKAMIKAZExXx

I used to own this plane, but now I'm on PC I lost it. :(

I wanna buy it again, but even with the discount I still think it's too much.

• Like 1

RUFF_inthejungle

Fun plane but limited usefulness, especially for a solo player. I enjoy it most on missions like Dispatch III, V or Bust Out - extra fun and moderately effective with a competent gunner. The pilot's guns are easy to aim and the turret seems to be one of the most powerful machine guns in the game and will quickly end most other normal vehicles; good times fighting copper choppers! Downside is its definitely overpriced for what it is, drops like a rock when flown inverted and its surprisingly fragile; won't stay airborne long if an engine dies and somehow can't take nearly as much punishment as some smaller planes like the Nokota or Pyro. I've bellyflopped a high-speed Pyro into the dirt, ripping a wing off on a tree while skidding to a stop - passenger and I walk away unscathed. Mogul knocks a wing off on a shrub while taxiing at about 5 mph - kaboom.

• 1 month later...
whywontyoulisten

I just blew up a Solomun blimp with a single bomb.

• Like 1

whywontyoulisten
7 hours ago, taken250 said:

I wonder if this plane is good for taken out Opressor Mk 2

Only if you fly into it.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
On 8/26/2018 at 3:19 AM, whywontyoulisten said:

Only if you fly into it.

Wanna test it out? And I meant not with the blades but the gunner

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...