Mammoth Mogul Discussion

russeler97

MitchMaljers

How good is the range on its gun? If it's long enough, the plane might even have some PvP uses (I mean, a jet might not be able to reach you before being badly damaged at least).

I will probably get this at some point anyway, even though I'm a lone wolf. I'd kind of like to get all of them, if the hangar has enough space for that.

As far as I've noticed both the front gun and the turret have much farther range than the Hydra and Lazer's "death-ray"

I live flying this plane (solo) so much. Can't quite put my finger on why, just a joy to fly

Recently I've been into getting kills with unarmed planes (prop shredding players) and this plane is great for that! Got more kills with the props than with machine guns and bombs combined

• Like 4

"Private" livery = air america?

ec47vietnam.jpg

Love this plane. I would have axed the Tula and made this VTOL but that's splitting hairs really. It's just lovely to fly, smooth and responsive.

Built Strong ™ too - sorry helisexuals

MSsb7zH.gif

Edited by Gridl0k

Professional Amateur

Love this plane. I would have axed the Tula and made this VTOL but that's splitting hairs really. It's just lovely to fly, smooth and responsive.

Built Strong ™ too - sorry helisexuals

MSsb7zH.gif

Not as stronk as the superior Soviet Molotok, comrade. Filthy capitalist jets barely scratch gulag-made paint!

Pj4lnLL.gif

I absolutely love the way the Mogul flies. Has quite a good speed too, especially when compared to the almost stationary top speed of the mission variants.

The turret is powerful enough to shred most helicopters in a matter of seconds, the nose gun(s) seem to be just as strong but obviously harder to use as you have to make full passes (where the player in the turret can shoot at targets from any location given the angle).

I like to think of the Mogul as a sort of Insurgent for the skies. The armor may not be amazing, but the guns are as powerful if not more so than the Insurgent's, it can be used solo like the Insurgent (so you can fly it to McKenzie/SS airfield for the cartel crate steal, land, scooch around backwards for better aim, obliterate the mouthy Mexicans with the turret, blow up the lame stock Rogue/Pyro, collect your goods, and JATO the f*ck back home. Usually without much of a scratch.

So yeah, if the Boobushka is the "air MOC" (lol), the Mogul is the Insurgent of the skies. The Sky King livery is almost certainly a reference to an ancient tv show, but i like to pretend it's the other SkyKing. The mysterious call sign used by a plane that may or may not officially exist..

http://skykingradio.blogspot.com/2015/09/skyking-skyking-do-not-answer-heres.html?m=1

Edited by AUScowboy
  • Like 3

Prince_Polaris

Hmm, does anyone have some pictures of the planes this is based on so I can have some ideas on how to paint it? I'm not happy with it again.... I love the plane, but just like my Weaponized Tampa and my Molotok I can't decide what I want it to look like >_<

• Like 1

Hmm, does anyone have some pictures of the planes this is based on so I can have some ideas on how to paint it? I'm not happy with it again.... I love the plane, but just like my Weaponized Tampa and my Molotok I can't decide what I want it to look like >_<

yZntM2t.jpgXqny3Vc.jpgaHn1Y0a.pngKY1DqCh.jpg

whywontyoulisten

https://www.google.co.uk/imghp?hl=en&tab=wi

Has anyone landed a Mogul on an NPC or player's Titan yet?

Does that work? Great idea

I can manage to land it on my yacht and take off again but usually lone wolf so never tried Titan

Prince_Polaris

https://www.google.co.uk/imghp?hl=en&tab=wi

I figured "why the f*ck not" and googled it, and holy f*ck there's not a single mogul on the page

unknown.png

-beautiful snip-

I love all of those :D

And damn, my red and black livery mogul was pretty close to a real one! :O

• Like 2

Happy Hunter

Not mine, but awesome.

• Like 4

Wastelander (Suzuki)

Not mine, but awesome.

Hopefully me and my friend NightFox soon, I just hope his Xbox Ban is lifted on the 10th, His Comms ban turned into a Multiplayer ban, over a heated PFTO in World of Tanks.

• Like 3

People want to talk sh*t about planes when it's their skills that suck, that video is proof of that. That player took out half those targets with the damn nose guns! All of the Weaponized SR planes are fairly to extremely deadly with one player let alone a duo or trio (Bombushka). I won't say get gud, but I really, really want to... i do realize though that not everybody has the skills or patience to learn the in's and out's of each plane or heli.

• Like 4

People want to talk sh*t about planes when it's their skills that suck, that video is proof of that. That player took out half those targets with the damn nose guns! All of the Weaponized SR planes are fairly to extremely deadly with one player let alone a duo or trio (Bombushka). I won't say get gud, but I really, really want to... i do realize though that not everybody has the skills or patience to learn the in's and out's of each plane or heli.

To be fair that is also recorded on PC, so it's much easier for them to aim at targets whilst using the guns.

• Like 2

I have been eating up other players with them on PS4, so i really don't think that's it. My point is it requires some practice to get familiar with some of the new planes, and a lot of people here just claim they all suck without even trying to learn the nuances first. Nobody expects them to buy and master all of the planes, but don't turn around and claim they suck or are useless if:

1, you haven't even bought or tried the plane

2, don't have much experience using planes period.

It just makes them look mouthy and misinformed by those of us who can easily do what they're claiming the plane/heli cannot. It's not even like these are super complex controls or anything, it's actually pretty easy to master these planes in a short period of time. So claim what you want I guess, just know there are plenty of players who do have the patience to "get gud" with thing you may assume are pointless or weak. Those nose guns on the Mogul shred NPC and other players very quickly if you actually keep them trained on your target.

• Like 3

Wastelander (Suzuki)

I have been eating up other players with them on PS4, so i really don't think that's it. My point is it requires some practice to get familiar with some of the new planes, and a lot of people here just claim they all suck without even trying to learn the nuances first. Nobody expects them to buy and master all of the planes, but don't turn around and claim they suck or are useless if:

1, you haven't even bought or tried the plane

2, don't have much experience using planes period.

It just makes them look mouthy and misinformed by those of us who can easily do what they're claiming the plane/heli cannot. It's not even like these are super complex controls or anything, it's actually pretty easy to master these planes in a short period of time. So claim what you want I guess, just know there are plenty of players who do have the patience to "get gud" with thing you may assume are pointless or weak. Those nose guns on the Mogul shred NPC and other players very quickly if you actually keep them trained on your target.

They Sure as sh*t shred some of the more heavily armored planes, with a Gunner in tow, taking out Jets shouldn't be an issue should you get the drop on them.

Edited by Suzuki Azure Vulpine

Just got mine, really enhances the look of the hangar. Any recommendations for handling and optimum performance? Thanks, Have just flown it in the source missions.

Edited by Winonas

Just got mine, really enhances the look of the hangar. Any recommendations for handling and optimum performance? Thanks, Have just flown it in the source missions.

For fun and ground-attacking, go with Smooth and it will be very steady, especially when level-bombing. If you are in turning, twisting dogfights with other players, Smooth can work against you.

Go with stunt handling and just put your landing gear out when bombing to completely get rid of any turbulence, win win.

Edited by AUScowboy
  • Like 3

whywontyoulisten

I finally bought one after talking about it so much in the landing gear thread...such a beautiful plane, and handling is perfect straight out of the box.

• Like 1

mZTD236.gif

Changed sessions, but the overhead shot looked cool, so I kept the recording

Also, this is why I'm partial to the top turret on this plane (my own video, and sorry that's it's loud)

Edited by ash-274
  • Like 1

Most of the aircraft are worn stock colors, definitely not metalic/pearlescent.

Skyking is objectively the best livery.

• Like 2

whywontyoulisten

22539734_10155512828671130_2675392932377

Love those big radials. Brushed aluminium is the only way to go.

Edit: Oh God, it's the sound! I can't even listen to the Dodo and Duster with their generic farty piston engine noises now.

Edited by whywontyoulisten
  • Like 3

Skyking is objectively the best livery.

You know your sh*t, is this worth it?

If money isn't a concern, and you have a friend to copilot, yes. If you play solo and aren't experienced in compensating for slow, heavy aircraft (Savage being another example) i would pass. If it catches your fancy though, it is totally capable of shredding just about anything with a few good swipes of the nose guns, also can land it and use the turret when parked if you're confident. I use it for the SS Airfield/McKenzie field air freight steal missions every time. It's also slow enough to make very accurate bombing runs with too.

whywontyoulisten

A trip to the beach:

22552423_10155519188356130_6577822165144

22549687_10155519188666130_6163954242500

22528261_10155519188801130_5917534685047

22528025_10155519188901130_1828990047785

22555001_10155519189016130_4551726733023

• Like 2