Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,822 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

russeler97

Mammoth Mogul Discussion

Emu War

Skyking is objectively the best livery.

You know your sh*t, is this worth it?
If money isn't a concern, and you have a friend to copilot, yes. If you play solo and aren't experienced in compensating for slow, heavy aircraft (Savage being another example) i would pass. If it catches your fancy though, it is totally capable of shredding just about anything with a few good swipes of the nose guns, also can land it and use the turret when parked if you're confident. I use it for the SS Airfield/McKenzie field air freight steal missions every time. It's also slow enough to make very accurate bombing runs with too.Bought it last night, 100% love it. Nose MGs, ball turret, bombs, assisted takeoff all make it viable IMO. It truly is a great bomber, easier than the Bombushka as you can get lower and do more passes.

I did mine up in the WWII bomber livery with the orange on the engines as it reminded me of a B-17 paint job. Really liking these WWII aircraft.

whywontyoulisten

It's not a ball turret!

ash-274

It's not a ball turret!

Youre goddamn right (Walter White meme)

The definition of a ball turret is that the gunners body moves with the elevation of the guns.

The belly (ventral) turret of B-17s and B-24s (and the navy version of the B-24, called the PB4Y) are the most iconic ball turrets, but they werent the only ones: the nose turret for some PB4Y models was also a ball turret mounted on top of the structure of the plane (there were at least six different designs of nose guns in that family of bombers). The Navy TBF Avenger torpedo bombers also had a dorsal ball turret that faced backwards.

pT109-1.jpg220px-Erco_Ball_Turret_1.JPGAvengerturret.jpg

Other wartime turrets had a support structure that lets the gun(s) swivel (horizontal) either manually or with electric/hydrolic assistance around the axis of the operator with the gunners body moving with the direction of the guns, but the elevation (vertical) movement independent of the gunners body; they would just move their head to see. Many of the British medium and heavy bombers had multiple turrets that had pairs of guns in a large-ish structures but the gunners body didn't move up or down with the guns.

B-24-MartinTopTurret.jpg

The Moguls turret is not a ball turret. It is an actual turret, like the remotely-operated ones on the MOC and Bombushka, but unlike the rear gun on the Tula, which is a pintle-mount gun(s), where the operator has to move around the axis of the guns mounting point.

Edited by ash-274

The Wandering Hunter

It's not a ball turret!

Youre goddamn right (Walter White meme)

The definition of a ball turret is that the gunners body moves with the elevation of the guns.

The belly (ventral) turret of B-17s and B-24s (and the navy version of the B-24, called the PB4Y) are the most iconic ball turrets, but they werent the only ones: the nose turret for some PB4Y models was also a ball turret mounted on top of the structure of the plane (there were at least six different designs of nose guns in that family of bombers). The Navy TBF Avenger torpedo bombers also had a dorsal ball turret that faced backwards.

pT109-1.jpg220px-Erco_Ball_Turret_1.JPGAvengerturret.jpg

Other wartime turrets had a support structure that lets the gun(s) swivel (horizontal) either manually or with electric/hydrolic assistance around the axis of the operator with the gunners body moving with the direction of the guns, but the elevation (vertical) movement independent of the gunners body; they would just move their head to see. Many of the British medium and heavy bombers had multiple turrets that had pairs of guns in a large-ish structures but the gunners body didn't move up or down with the guns.

B-24-MartinTopTurret.jpg

The Moguls turret is not a ball turret. It is an actual turret, like the remotely-operated ones on the MOC and Bombushka, but unlike the rear gun on the Tula, which is a pintle-mount gun(s), where the operator has to move around the axis of the guns mounting point.

now i know what to call the tulas ugly, useless gun.

f*ck you pintle gun

Edited by The Sole Survivor

whywontyoulisten

I have become the world's first Mogul troll. Only 2 kills at the moment, but I'm getting there. People just don't know how to react to this thing.

I've also noticed that the "Duty Calls" livery has red flashes on the fins, plus extra "Mogul" text on the top of the wings (reversed on the starboard side), that is only visible from a distance, and in the hangar entry animation.

Finally, I tried race handling and almost immediately went back to stock. You totally lose the feeling of flying a large ww2-era plane, as it becomes totally smooth, far too light and responsive.

Edited by whywontyoulisten

Suzuki Azure Vulpine

mZTD236.gif

Changed sessions, but the overhead shot looked cool, so I kept the recording

Also, this is why I'm partial to the top turret on this plane (my own video, and sorry that's it's loud)

Made a GIF from that Kill Montage:

Gh4DsQW.gif

*I love old Planes*

Edited by Suzuki Azure Vulpine

whywontyoulisten

The latest awesome thing I've discovered about this plane is that you can transfer from turret to co-pilot/bombardier's position in flight, allowing for even more flexibility when there's only two of you. Also, if your pilot bails out while you're in the turret, you automatically move into the pilot's position and can continue flying.

delorianlazarus

^

Can we go from pilot to turret ?

ash-274

^

Can we go from pilot to turret ?

Only when parked on the ground

xXxKAMIKAZExXx

I was never fan of this plane since the trailer and the freight missions make this plane look so ugly and slow. But after buying it, I've grown to really like it. It's a lot smaller than it looks so landing it on open areas is a breeze. I've got mine in a dark greenish grey with no livery and it looks great next to my P-45 and Starling in my hangar :)

whywontyoulisten

Courtesy of Tails, who managed to stop being bombed for just long enough to capture this:

23843299_10155624763826130_3268829674599

Still by far my favourite aircraft from this update.

Edited by whywontyoulisten

AUScowboy

Yeah, it's easily in my top 3 or 4 along with the Hunter, Nokota and Howard. Best non VTOL plane for bombing IMO, super smooth still even with stunt handling and slow enough to really line up both single bombs and carpet runs.

whywontyoulisten

Best sound in the game.

DoxerWhite

Favorite aircraift by far in this dlc. Can't wait to be finally able to play gta online again and buy this monster !

It reminds me somewhat to the Caudron C.445 Goeland used by the french in WW2. I will try to paint it as if it was one and avoid all the gunning customization and JATO. This plane will be mostly for the fun of flying, not griefing !

26.jpg

Edited by DoxerWhite

whywontyoulisten

Finally, someone other than me bumping this topic! Hope you're on PS4 haha.

DoxerWhite

After looking for a little bit of inspiration i finally made up my choice. I will go for a SNCAC NC.702 look. It looks closer than my previous post and it's easier to reproduce !

1200px-SNCAC_NC_702_Martinet.jpg

Oh boy, can't wait to buy it !

Edited by DoxerWhite

Gridl0k

I find myself calling the mogul a lot, it really is a sweet handling little plane. Wish I had enough hangar space to put it alongside a duster and cuban.

DoxerWhite

I'm sure it was a sign ! After grinding the hangar stock for 3 days, today was the day to sell 25 narcotics and 25 chemicals products. I called a british friend of mine to ask him the favor to assist me and he joined. The first mission was a Ultralight delivery mission in which we took our ease and delivered on time. Then the second one was the Mogul one ! And god oh god i was freaking out, knowing how it always turned out bad each time i was trying it. So i decided to jump on my friend's Mogul to protect him from the cops during his deliveries. 10 minutes were already gone when we finished to deliver the packages from the first aircraft and it was my turn to fly and save the day. I swear, on the last f*cking second i delivered my last package before the time was out. It's so miraculous. I felt being the luckiest GTA player of the day. So now it's settled, the Mogul is going to be mine.

When i received my discount at Warstock it was like i was the Feels good man meme. So much joy finishing to grind for this damned discount !

Here she is ! The SNCAC NC.702 Mogul of my dreams !

UmBI2wkEUEOwzgV7hLWA8A_0_0.jpg

vktogvTUKkaEMpdA_D0MQA_0_0.jpg

I haven't decided yet for the color combo, but for sure it's going to be fun to find her the perfect dress. She is even good at being a submarine ! So beautiful ! (in reality i was trying to do a stunt under the Zancudo bridge so i wasn't expecting this result...)

gwyaBJumC0Gq-GodqiiwRw_0_0.jpg

German engineering and french design never felt so good on a same plane...

Edited by DoxerWhite

DoxerWhite

Brushed aluminium is the way to go.

wp3K62IYI0Kp0xpL-wA1Iw_0_0.jpgPaLKQZwer0-pMcKWDifUnw_0_0.jpgWLNnR-SVkkez5q1aL9Iakw_0_0.jpg

Happy Hunter

That sale mission in Smuggler's Run put me off this thing lol. But, I think it's on offer now ...

I don't know. I mean, I am just a lone wolf. The main point of it (the gun on the top) wouldn't be much use for me.

Does it handle a lot better when you own one?

whywontyoulisten

That sale mission in Smuggler's Run put me off this thing lol. But, I think it's on offer now ...

I don't know. I mean, I am just a lone wolf. The main point of it (the gun on the top) wouldn't be much use for me.

Does it handle a lot better when you own one?

It handles exactly like you'd expect a heavy WW2-era twin engined bomber to. I love it, but it doesn't sound like your kind of thing. Pilot also controls the bombs and the twin front peashooters btw.

symphonight

I've personnaly took down a lot of buzzard with this beast and my chaff. (lone wolf too.) and that noise! that noise!! :')

Professional Amateur

Bump! Decided to give mine a new paint job.

sHr2BWb.jpg

If only the roof turret was an option. I'd totally take it off because it really messes with the look I was going for.

Hécate-II

I appreciate this plane a lot, but I won't buy it unless it receive a serious buff against explosive sniper rounds. Its just so weak.

Still loved to play the Hangar sale mission with a gunner. :)

1518590202-mogulmission.jpg

DoxerWhite

Bump! Decided to give mine a new paint job.

sHr2BWb.jpg

If only the roof turret was an option. I'd totally take it off because it really messes with the look I was going for.

Really nice picture ! Mind sharing the color please ?

Scruffyauto9
Posted (edited)

I don't fly this plane nearly as much as I should.. It's my favorite bomber, but lately I've been grinding CEO crates in solo sessions, so if I fly anything other than a buzzard, it's usually me just calling a Nokota to make a quick trip to McKenzie Field, land at the far end, run across to my bunker, and resupply/sell my guns.

Still.. this plane holds a special place in my heart, and always will. (Unless they release a proper B-24, B-25, or B-17. This thing is close to the B-25, but not close enough for the history buff in me who wants enough room for a few more passengers, and more guns.)

Edited by Scruffyauto9

Flyin_Japman

It seems nice until one of the engines dies.

taken250

Hey I actually need a Gunner to fly this thing with. Any Takers. Or a pilot if you're uninterested in gunning.

Willy A. Jeep

When it comes to famous, iconic aircraft, the Mammoth Model 81 "Mogul" isn't often what comes to mind. People think of fighters, of jets, and of helicopters - the things you see in Jack Howitzer films and on Weazel News. But the Mogul is important in its own right, because without it, American aviation would be quite different. It might even be German aviation we'd talk about if not for the Mogul. This obscure little twin-engine, low-wing propeller plane was, like so many, born out of the World Wars, and it taught almost all our pilots and bombardiers how to save the world. The Mogul went on to be the longest-running, most-produced aircraft of all time - by the end of production, over nine-thousand had taken to the skies. Today, a few hundred continue to grace the skies over the United States, reminding those few Americans who still care of what an underdog can do for them.

Here's the one I've had the chance to fly and ride in, "The Twilight Knight." It was used as a stand-in for another aircraft in a Vinewood film a few decades ago, and that's when that ill-fitting turret was mounted. It's still airworthy, though, and a real thrill to experience.

ufgRAe7.jpg

avURloX.jpg

rlVtCOs.jpg

Lze6XPh.jpg

sjjDLaZ.jpg

6vi26ZY.jpg

As always, more images in the spoiler below.

bOz79h2.jpg

Wiwj2gd.jpg

PYdJ4Rb.jpg

2CO4hgy.jpg

bSIQxdT.jpg

dOfTjQY.jpg

NJPoj6O.jpg

p2QSTeE.jpg

941M0Eo.jpg

O46NFd4.jpg

0RiKnKG.jpg

tUfdOHs.jpg