Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,253 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

zenifystone

Western Rogue

Hallvar

Im having trouble seeing opponents on ground until its almost too late to shoot.

I often dont see them until their name appears.

Bloodytears1666

Im having trouble seeing opponents on ground until its almost too late to shoot.

I often dont see them until their name appears.

2 Possible ways, and those both not for Rogue again,

1. Switch between 1st person and 3rd person camera modes.

2. Guess by radar position.

If Lazer's cannon compensates blindness by huge spread of fire, Rogue's MG is not.

Scruffyauto9

If you press down on the D-pad (Im on Xbox.) doesnt it bring their name up sooner? I cant remember. I dont pvp much, so I dont generally have a need to remember this stuff.

Bloodytears1666

If you press down on the D-pad (Im on Xbox.) doesnt it bring their name up sooner? I cant remember. I dont pvp much, so I dont generally have a need to remember this stuff.

It will expand radar, but I never noticed it gives advantages like that. It will show a name on the same distance when if you do not use it or highlighted.

BOOGIEMAN219
Posted (edited)

I bought the Rogue on the deal and upgraded everything but the weapons so far. I think this plane is amazing and its fun to fly too. I figured out the landing and im confident once I get the explosive cannon I will be taking out hydras and lasers. Im sure lining up the cannon might be difficult but I will get used to it. I was in a dogfight last night in a laser and lost but it took over 5 minutes for him to kill me and I got some close shots so I think im getting better.

Edited by BOOGIEMAN219

SHOKKERZ91
Posted (edited)

I bought the Rogue on the deal and upgraded everything but the weapons so far. I think this plane is amazing and its fun to fly too. I figured out the landing and im confident once I get the explosive cannon I will be taking out hydras and lasers. Im sure lining up the cannon might be difficult but I will get used to it. I was in a dogfight last night in a laser and lost but it took over 5 minutes for him to kill me and I got some close shots so I think im getting better.

Just keep in mind that the guns are not centered to your aiming-dot. To aim on your target you have to line up the dot a little left or right from your target. Same goes to the pyro, annihilator, nokota, akula and, even in a more weaker variant, buzzard. Well, scrap the akula, you don´t want to use the machine guns on that one. ;)

Edited by SHOKKERZ91

Bloodytears1666

Just keep in mind that the guns are not centered to your aiming-dot. To aim on your target you have to line up the dot a little left or right from your target. Same goes to the pyro, annihilator, nokota, akula and, even in a more weaker variant, buzzard. Well, scrap the akula, you don´t want to use the machine guns on that one. ;)

Even better do a line from left to right with along opponent, glad Rogue do it crazy quick.

BOOGIEMAN219

So I haven't shot anybody down in a dogfight yet but I managed to kill one person spamming rockets at me with the explosive mg. I was in a dogfight that lasted 20 minutes until we both crashed head on killing each other. It seems like im more annoying then a threat as the griefers cant hit me in this plane atleast not yet.

BOOGIEMAN219

Am I the only one who bought the rogue on the deal? I love this plane so much im becoming a beast in this thing. The only problems i have is going head on with the flying cars. I finished my fastest round of headhunters in this though some luchk was involved. I shot down many lasers or hydras now and boy it feels good being on the opposite end of that. I like race handling and bobbing up and down avoiding ground fire from the chaingun or explosive sniper. The one thing im having a hard time with is bombing targets.

Bloodytears1666

The only problems i have is going head on with the flying cars.

Countermeasures the only chance to win a time to get out. The only reason I learnt to use them. Also Thruster is the same trouble, but less dangerous, Rogue just can't hit small targets easily.

BOOGIEMAN219

The only problems i have is going head on with the flying cars.

Countermeasures the only chance to win a time to get out. The only reason I learnt to use them. Also Thruster is the same trouble, but less dangerous, Rogue just can't hit small targets easily.

I use the countermeasures but they seem to hit me most times, I think pulling up then hitting flares is the ticket to that because often I get hit from the front.

I agree about hitting ground targets being difficult but I finally got a few people with bombs last night and even a few with the explosive rounds but like you said its definately not easy.

Bloodytears1666

I use the countermeasures but they seem to hit me most times, I think pulling up then hitting flares is the ticket to that because often I get hit from the front.

If you facing rocket that means you better maneuver first, Ruiner's rocket will turn quick, so before using flares better to descend to gain speed and use countermeasures in last seconds.

Still strongly recommend to avoid, those rockets very OP, and not leave any constructive options. Use Lazer for it, easy peasy and relaxing to sometimes change Rogue to Lazer.

Pedinhuh

I just noticed this plane doesn't suffer turbulence effects if you fly with the landing gear down and have sport handling(I do get turbulence with the race handling)

BOOGIEMAN219

I can shoot down most people in lasers however every now and then a really good pilot gets me over and over again. Am I doing something wrong or is a really good pilot in a laser not possible to beat without luck?

Bloodytears1666

I can shoot down most people in lasers however every now and then a really good pilot gets me over and over again. Am I doing something wrong or is a really good pilot in a laser not possible to beat without luck?

Kinda hard to answer question. Look at the way they get you, and think about counter maneuver. Anyway luck included, your explosive mg harder to handle unlike canon.

Silencer555

Versatile aircraft is the most accurate title for this plane. Lovely to see.

giphy.gif

Slam_Jones
Posted (edited)

Just bought this (and the Molotok) earlier this week on sale.

Definitely worth it so far.  Fought and defeated a Pyro and a Molotok with only the homing rockets so far. 

Race handling may be tricky, but once you get it figured out, you can turn on a dime.

Edited by Slam_Jones

Happy Hunter

Acesez
34 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

what they need to do is center thr guns and give it a bigger splash kinda unfair

Bloodytears1666

Nice found. I thought only myself to blame, but now it seems at least from a hit only 50% chance to do damage.

FuturePastNow

The cannons really should converge to a point at their extreme range. More damage + bigger splash would help, too.

Edit: I know they do sort of converge, but not very well.

Edited by FuturePastNow

Silencer555

I would be content if the damage of the Explosive MGs were good enough to 2 hit kill Hydras/Lazers like the explosive sniper. I've had so many people just bail out after taking more than 5 shots from the Rogue. No way the guns should be that weak against those death beam jets. 

On the bright side, I love that the Rogue can have these rounds, since all planes are insta-disabled from at least one round. Don't have to worry about someone Passive hopping mid-dogfight when they have their ailerons, rudders and flaps blasted off. 

Voodoo-Hendrix
13 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

IMO, both the Hydra and Lazer should have that kind of Explosive Cannons.

Aghakhi
4 hours ago, Voodoo-Hendrix said:

But... but the overpowered cannons are the plane's charm man! xD

Anyway, I bought one of these when it was discounted for 720k. It remained stopped on my Hangar until today though haha. I've decided to tune it up, slap some cannons and go for a test fly. Being used to the Hydra's handling since that was my only plane, the agility of the Rogue was surprising and a whole lot of fun! It turns, twists and rolls way faster than the Hydra could ever dream of and with minimal effort! :D However, my fun was cut short when I tried to do some low altitude maneuvers and messed up, resulting in a surprise plunge into the sea water xD I crashed so close to the shore that it took less than a minute swimming to get back to land. Close call I would say ;)

As fun and pretty as it is though, I'll probably stick to my helicopters for my usual solo work. Their ability to land anywhere and hover while maintaining their full agility are so valuable for me!

Happy Hunter
7 hours ago, Voodoo-Hendrix said:

If they did decent damage and always registered properly, I think that'd be a good idea. But when you combine slow fire rate, small blast radius, together with not a lot of damage, being a bit buggy - it's a little too much.

I like that it fires slower and isn't just a beam you can wave around to destroy everything, but it should do good damage if you manage to land a shot I think.

Meanwhile right now the Lazer/Hydra have an ultra-fast fire rate, never really glitch out like that, massive blast - and do way more damage. They basically get everything, while these don't have any strong point.

FuturePastNow

I suspect R* would say the weaker cannons are to balance the fact that they're attached to a plane with countermeasures and armor. Which would be logical if the explosive minigun on the other aircraft wasn't so good.

Bloodytears1666
4 hours ago, FuturePastNow said:

I suspect R* would say the weaker cannons are to balance the fact that they're attached to a plane with countermeasures and armor. Which would be logical if the explosive minigun on the other aircraft wasn't so good.

Probably because Rogue maneuverability to modern jets and straight line speed, but Rogue's disadvantage to turning speed and spamming homing launcher. Still feels like this hit ratio very unbalanced, since to land shots with those MG - hard task.

Voodoo-Hendrix

I'm the only one who would like the Rogue to have Barrage Missiles?

Those are Hydra 70 rocket pods, let them behave as such!

Cutter De Blanc

Despite the apparent popularity of this plane, I have never had the opportunity to dogfight against one, nor have I ever even seen one flying around in a session.

Edited by Cutter De Blanc

Mach1bud
50 minutes ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

Despite the apparent popularity of this plane, I have never had the opportunity to dogfight against one, nor have I ever even seen one flying around in a session.

Can be said for 95% of the aircraft and 99.9% of the boats in the game.