Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,674 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

zenifystone

Western Rogue

DuduLima

Took down a couple of Hydra's with it so far, either this plane is really good or the Hydra pilots quality has hit an all new low.

If you keep your distance from the cannons, then you can own any Hydra in a dogfight.

Same also applies to Molotoks

Lazers are the real threat for it.

Man, the Lazer have better responsive controls than the Rogue (the Race control is better, but need some practice), aceleration and speed, but i see a similar modus operandi in these guys.

Lazer pilots usually do their maneuvers, shoot the missiles or use the explosive autocannon and they after that, they maneuver again and give some space to get more aceleration and speed to get safe around your back for the kill, so usually, i let these guys pass over me and i try to get behind them after this, to use the missiles and or the autocannon to hit them, i use the same thing with the Hydra and i get some kills with this.

Yep, a Lazer with a good pilot is a threat but with some patience, they will make a mistake like flying low and being unable to maneuver or to give you a nice space to use missiles or the autocannon and you will kill them, i entered a dogfight last night and after almost 8 minutes i killed the guy, tense AF.

Pedinhuh

/\

I am keeping this in mind when I engage these bastards again, so far not a single Lazer took me put but I couldn't shootdown anyone too.

But Hydras and Molotoks are a piece of cake once you manage to go behind them.

And I have to say this, R* logic is f*cking amazing:

In real life this airplane is not ideal for dogfights but it's a competent bomber.

In the game it's a very competent and capable dogfighter but a very lousy bomber.

Edited by Pedinhuh

Gaffa

Can someone please explain to me - with references to game/ server/ script/ tunable data - what the differences are between handling types?

From my own experiences, there's no difference - and I've spent 30 minutes flying on each handling type. This coincides with the idea that the upgrades aren't doing anything (which is partially proven via the game's files).

SyrusTheVirus

So after trying all the handling options I can say with some certainty that this plane is complete garbage. In open air it's fine, but fly too close to the ground and it suddenly takes on the grace and aerodynamics of a pregnant elephant.

Pedinhuh

Can someone please explain to me - with references to game/ server/ script/ tunable data - what the differences are between handling types?

From my own experiences, there's no difference - and I've spent 30 minutes flying on each handling type. This coincides with the idea that the upgrades aren't doing anything (which is partially proven via the game's files).

Standard and sports seems to handle similar, standard seems to have less effect of turbulence than sport.

Smooth handles similar as a Cuban 800 or a Velum handles without being as slow, there is barely any effect of turbulence.

Race is ridiculous, way too twitchy and way too much turbulence.

With armor upgrades it seems to survive 3 HE bullets, 4th blows it up.

Without it, it blows up on the 3rd HE bullet.

I still need to make more tests with performance upgrades, but max tuned it tops the Hydra and the Molotok in agility.

Gaffa

Thanks for your input, Pedinhuh, but it isn't good enough really. Someone in another thread said that using the sport handling cancelled the turbulence whilst you're saying it's the smooth - and I tried all three and there was no difference to the turbulence.

And yet all of this seems to circumvent what the game's files say, hence why I'm really after hard facts (because I'm very close to publishing a PSA thread telling people not to upgrade their aircraft with anything other than armour).

I mean, when the Mk.2 weapons were released, most people said "they have a faster rate of fire" when in actual fact they don't, so it's quite easily placebo that's taking effect.

Pedinhuh

I think it's important to remember that posting lines of coding might not mean much as well.

The Savage has been buffed to survive and explosion, but it's files remains unchanged, the change is given through an script that is not present in the files.

Fun 2

I think it's important to remember that posting lines of coding might not mean much as well.

The Savage has been buffed to survive and explosion, but it's files remains unchanged, the change is given through an script that is not present in the files.

Unchanged ? They added this flag to the Savage.

FLAG_HAS_CAPPED_EXPLOSION_DAMAGE

The functionality of the flag is hardcoded so I don't know the exact value of the resistance it has.

Edited by Fun 2

Pedinhuh

Unchanged ? They added this flag to the Savage.
FLAG_HAS_CAPPED_EXPLOSION_DAMAGE
The functionality of the flag is hardcoded so I don't know the exact value of the resistance it has.

sh*t, I didn't knew about that, I stand corrected then.

So, what can you say about those upgrades? What changes when looking at the files?

Gaffa

Aye, I've already asked some individuals to help out on that matter, but it's early days yet anyway. Even then, it could be that the facts aren't available, but I'm hoping they are. If this was the case, you'll always get people saying one handling is better than the other as has already happened. It won't be like it is with cars whereby if it's got a spoiler upgrade, that's needed to have the best handling.

And that's just it, you can't really rely on the game's information, but at least with the cars there's something to go off. It's like when I tested out all that ammo stuff, how the damage can differ depending on scenario and how in the weapon files, the Assault SMG's damage is 23 but in-game, it's actually 25. Another one is the SMG Mk.2 which states it's 25 damage but it's actually 27 in-game. Maybe there's multipliers on the go that I overlooked.

There can't be much of a difference from the engine upgrade on this aircraft at the least, if there is any, that is if my terrible video of drag racing the two planes (one upgraded and one stock) is anything to go by. I used two accounts, one with a keyboard being used on my left hand and the controller on the right - hence some cock-ups.

I couldn't really see any difference though with the engine upgrade at the least (and then if we use my argument of the handling actually being brakes, well again there isn't any difference to the braking performance either).

1m:36 >

Edited by Gaffa™

whywontyoulisten

This is a strange one, in its mission form anyway: you can be in a perfectly stable turn with full power and it'll suddenly (and briefly) act as if a heavy weight is pushing it towards the ground. It's not the regular stall mechanic, nor turbulence, and is very hard to prepare for; you can't be sure at exactly what point it will happen.

Electrogypsy

This is a strange one, in its mission form anyway: you can be in a perfectly stable turn with full power and it'll suddenly (and briefly) act as if a heavy weight is pushing it towards the ground. It's not the regular stall mechanic, nor turbulence, and is very hard to prepare for; you can't be sure at exactly what point it will happen.

Yup, have almost crashed a number of times because of this, has to be some kind of physics bug.

Aye, I've already asked some individuals to help out on that matter, but it's early days yet anyway. Even then, it could be that the facts aren't available, but I'm hoping they are. If this was the case, you'll always get people saying one handling is better than the other as has already happened. It won't be like it is with cars whereby if it's got a spoiler upgrade, that's needed to have the best handling.

And that's just it, you can't really rely on the game's information, but at least with the cars there's something to go off. It's like when I tested out all that ammo stuff, how the damage can differ depending on scenario and how in the weapon files, the Assault SMG's damage is 23 but in-game, it's actually 25. Another one is the SMG Mk.2 which states it's 25 damage but it's actually 27 in-game. Maybe there's multipliers on the go that I overlooked.

There can't be much of a difference from the engine upgrade on this aircraft at the least, if there is any, that is if my terrible video of drag racing the two planes (one upgraded and one stock) is anything to go by. I used two accounts, one with a keyboard being used on my left hand and the controller on the right - hence some cock-ups.

I couldn't really see any difference though with the engine upgrade at the least (and then if we use my argument of the handling actually being brakes, well again there isn't any difference to the braking performance either).

Did you ever actually fly the plane? The stock version has a speed similar to the Velum whereas with the level 4 engine upgrade its as fast as a Hydra and can outrun rockets.

Edited by Electrogypsy

Happy Hunter

This thing is faster than a Hydra? Woah.

Bit Rockstar logic, but I'm not going to complain.

Mr.Smith187

I'm not buying it as far as top speed goes... they didn't run long enough with the top speed test. It does take a ridiculous amount of time for the Hydra to reach it's top speed (longer than what's shown here), but once it does it's faster than that. I've seen other vids that show different from this, and from owning both of them I feel like the Hydras top speed is faster.

Dont get me wrong, I'm not taking anything away from this plane... I truly love it. And everything else in the vid shows true. But I dont agree with top speed here.

Edited by Mr.Smith187

Gaffa

Did you ever actually fly the plane? The stock version has a speed similar to the Velum were as with the level 4 engine upgrade its as fast as a Hydra and can outrun rockets.

No, I only taxiid it on the ground... what person buys a plane but doesn't fly it?

And dude, the difference in speed is almost nothing I'm sure... wait, let's load up with a speedometer and find out the differences.

delorianlazarus

The race handling is a joke with this one: it feels like you are flying with a brick on steroids. It's both extremely sensitive and nose-dive friendly.

Yes, race mode handling seems like absolute crack at first. But learn to control it with race handling and you can outmaneuver anything in the game. For amazingly tight turns practice this technique:

(using Rogue with race handling)

- From straight level flight combine ever so *slight* bank with full up pitch and full rudder. The smallest turn radius uses the ideal bank angle that lets you use full pitch up and rudder without climbing/diving during the turn. In a hydra/lazer this bank is significant (like 20 degrees) but in the Rogue with race handling it's very small. Practice how to initiate with just the right bank angle.

- Timing/sequence is very important: Pulse the stick sideways for like 100ms and release first, followed immediately (instantly) by simultaneous full up pitch and rudder. If you do all three at the exact same time or do the wrong bank angle it is unpredictable: you might get a slower turn radius, go into a violent climb/dive, or have severe yaw wobble.

- If you have to adjust bank/pitch/rudder to avoid climbing/diving while turning remember bank change should be an extremely small and brief pulse and release. pitch changes can be slower and smoother/continuous.

If you do it right I think it turns 360 degrees in like 6 seconds without climbing, diving or wobble. After flying the Rogue in race mode switching back to the hydra felt like flying an Airbus a380.

Of course in a real dogfight you are rarely staying level in your turns but if you practice this enough you will be able to naturally control it in more complex maneuvers where you are climbing/diving/spinning. Don't forget the lazer/hydra canon has more range and is more deadly than yours so *never* go head to head with one. Outmaneuver to get behind them and they should never be able to get advantage position again. If you find yourself having to let off the throttle to avoid overrunning them beware that the best turn radius in the Rogue is with max throttle/speed. The skill of the opponent will dictate whether it's best to overshoot and reengage or slow down and keep their tail in sight.

Good description you make here

I know this "two steps turn" technique from the hydra, and transposing it to the Rogue wasn't successful for me. I didn't try for long tho, been flying a lot with the Alpha (what a beast !!! )

This plane is so beautiful it deserves a second chance.... Will practice on it tomorrow :)

Gaffa

Well I'm happy to admit I'm wrong - handling upgrades do seem to make the yaw more affect (but it's only slight) - pitch and roll remain unaffected from that upgrade, and the engine upgrade increases the top speed of the aircraft in flight. Straight and level with the stock engine, in single player, the Rogue is doing around 200mph, but with the engine upgrade it's up to 220mph - enough to give the Hydra a run for it's money.

Sorry if I mislead anyone with my poor inspection of things!

Fennimoe

So, after much consideration, I finally bought myself a plane from this update... This plane... And, BOY, IT'S AWESOME!

CrysisAverted

bALl5YK.jpg

4MjzNps.jpg

d4WFbs3.jpg

iJ5KVfe.jpg

l5JKG36.jpg

gjgumHi.jpg

MechanicMammal

I am loving this plane, I got into a accidental dog fight with 2 hydra's who were working together, this was on my first test flight with it and it held up really well mainly because it had better agility, flares etc. Also it is much better armored. I took out one Hydra and the player started sniping from the ground as I continued the dog fight with the remaining jet and I took a few hits but it was a pilot error on my part which killed me as I maneuvered myself into a bridge lol.

I have it set with racing handling at the moment which is a bit twitchy but with practice it runs circles around other planes and jets.

It is not as versatile as the Hydra for missions etc but this is only because of the VTOL.

marco6158

After the Besra, this is the first plane I bought since I started playing, and damn I'm so happy about it. I still have to upgrade engine and handling (want to see which one is best before spending money) but even without those upgrades it's really a beast, it takes down other armed planes quite easily (but i believe I still haven't met the experienced jet player) but it works very well and I haven't had so much fun in ages.

On top of that it's very agile and it's beautiful. Love this thing, will post a pic when I remember to upload it on SC

Edited by marco6158

JohnGazman

Despite the fact that (at least with Race Handling) it's twitchy AF, and compared to the Molotok it has a looong takeoff run, this is probably the vehicle of the update. 1.5m at trade price, with a choice of bombs, missiles, explosive cannons and room for two? Can't ask for much more than that. It's almost a Hydra for 1/4 the price.

lXbgNzJat0eldt6NEInLow_0_0.jpg

L7ALVR_mlkGqB2TMhFdMDQ_0_0.jpg

G84if8iJ6UqnEc0MHet48w_0_0.jpg

A6t7Cqbw90iTWiBylAUjBg_0_0.jpg

cN8g9GT-pkqLXjUO2HMlRA_0_0.jpg

DqVk9W-fzE-E0tpPKqWvTA_0_0.jpg

80I_Un-qekCUexDBrV-AKQ_0_0.jpg

rK582j433EyQcvqvDHU-Vg_0_0.jpg

crsN

x2QU7MGtKki2VLw6WM17gA_0_0.jpg

SkylineGTRFreak

-snip-

I'm not buying it as far as top speed goes... they didn't run long enough with the top speed test. It does take a ridiculous amount of time for the Hydra to reach it's top speed (longer than what's shown here), but once it does it's faster than that. I've seen other vids that show different from this, and from owning both of them I feel like the Hydras top speed is faster.

Dont get me wrong, I'm not taking anything away from this plane... I truly love it. And everything else in the vid shows true. But I dont agree with top speed here.

Today a Rogue caught up to me while I was flying in my Hydra. And since I was already flying straight for while I don't think I was very far from top speed. Or maybe I even was at top speed. But that guy followed me for about 30 seconds when he finally was able to get a tone on me with missiles.

nido997

here is mine...brilliant little thing really ( for once it isn t that expensive for what it is actually) , just need to practice more with it :p ( put a smooth handling on it)

I love the "worn dark steel" look ! it gives it a little old school feeling :)

20170904021654_1.jpg

20170904022325_1.jpg

20170904022337_1.jpg

20170904022306_1.jpg

20170904022321_1.jpg

Edited by nido997

MastuhWaffles

As a tip for getting the Rogue off the ground, it seems as it does have a long takeoff roll, however if you hit a bump it will throw you into the air so you can put the gear up and speed up.

Suzuki Azure Vulpine

This thing is great for Ground attack and Air attack, but this GIF is one of the better runs I've done. Wiped the whole base.
YkGtwwY.gif

Mattoropael

This was the first plane i bought, i've said before, it is fast, it is good to maneuver and it is very responsive, for a fully upgraded 1,2m plane, it is a good choice to enter into dogfights and to use bombs.

I'm using this over the Hydra because of some things, i felt the Hydra's response to the controls slower and worst than the Rogue and like some people said, it is the same thing about the Besra, this plane can outmaneuver the Hydra pretty much everyday, even with the stock control options and i felt the Rogue suited better my flying style.

I almost made it plain with a gray finish like the Afghan A-29B, the operative and the rogue operative liveries looks nice to a A-29A FAB themed plane and the green baron livery looks good for a A-29A Brazil's smoke squadron themed plane, but the figher livery is really beautiful and fits well this plane.

N1OhYb8.png

4Y6muv1.png

I'm seeing more people than usual coming in FZ to steal Lazers, only to destroy people cargo, cars and product but ... i don't think they are going away without a punishment ... 3 Lazers and 1 Hydra down before i got to work.

ci7YRJS.png

ulT8iOb.png

My only complaint about the Rogue is that the explosive cannons are not quite powerfull enough. Most of the time I am just disabing a hydra/lazer and the pilot bails out like your last picture with the lazer in flames. I'm getting them out of the sky but it would be more satisfying with the kill.

They are as strong as Hydra and Lazer cannons, only problem is that the Rogue's cannons are far apart from themselves so most of the time you hit an enemy with only one cannon.

Took me forever to kill a Rhino with them when one dive is all it takes for the Hydra and Lazer.

It still works well against aircraft, but against armored ground targets I can't help but to be frustrated.

Edited by Mattoropael

marco6158

So here's mine. Is it really worth buying sport handling (or how that's called)?

k3MGCtyKuk-Sq5LxXe-SHQ_0_0.jpg

Suzuki Azure Vulpine

So here's mine. Is it really worth buying sport handling (or how that's called)?

k3MGCtyKuk-Sq5LxXe-SHQ_0_0.jpg

Go for Race Handling, It's too me much more smooth, and is able to now keep up with a Lazer in as turning dogfight.