Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,779 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

zenifystone

Western Rogue

delorianlazarus

The race handling is a joke with this one: it feels like you are flying with a brick on steroids. It's both extremely sensitive and nose-dive friendly.

AUScowboy

This thing definitely has the potential to be brutal in the right hands (probably not mine lol). The handling and cannon spread is a lot different from the jets though so it will be an adjustment for sure.

Yeah, i get why some may think it's weak, but for a "Hydra griefer" like me, this thing is AWESOME. I've gotten kills with every weapon in it's arsenal. Hardest thing to kill another player with was the chemical bombs, had to make three passes.

Edit: yep, I went back to stock handling, I'll save the super agility for my Molotok.

Edited by AUScowboy

zenifystone

Just a little more testing .. Rogue full armor can survive 2 explosive sniper rounds. Little smoke from propeller but engine is running and it can still fly away. Hydra blows up on 2nd shot . Both times the plane had a person in it

Pedinhuh

This thing definitely has the potential to be brutal in the right hands (probably not mine lol). The handling and cannon spread is a lot different from the jets though so it will be an adjustment for sure.

Yeah, i get why some may think it's weak, but for a "Hydra griefer" like me, this thing is AWESOME. I've gotten kills with every weapon in it's arsenal. Hardest thing to kill another player with was the chemical bombs, had to make three passes.

Edit: yep, I went back to stock handling, I'll save the super agility for my Molotok.

Have you figured out how to properly drop bombs with it? I heard doing a nose dive and then drop the bombs doesn't work? Because that is a technique real life pilots used in WW2.

FallingAway

Have you figured out how to properly drop bombs with it? I heard doing a nose dive and then drop the bombs doesn't work? Because that is a technique real life pilots used in WW2.

Getting the plane at too much of an angle prevents dropping bombs out of the bay, you have to be somewhat level. It's difficult figuring out when to release them since height and speed are the biggest factors to the timing.

AUScowboy

Yeah keep straight and as low as possible with out crashing, also learn to use bomb camera. It's clunky but helps when used fast and efficiently.

79'Blazer4x4

Yeah keep straight and as low as possible with out crashing, also learn to use bomb camera. It's clunky but helps when used fast and efficiently.

I think bomb camera needs to point the camera ahead a bit instead of directly down. By the time you can see anything in bomb camera you're already too far past the target for your bombs to hit.

Mr.Smith187

I fell in love with this plane last night. Was gonna save up for the Molotok, and still may, but boy is this plane a badass. Took down 3 Molotoks and 2 Hydras... and quite a few heli's. Even kept up with a Molotok when he was trying to get away... was actually surprised I kept up with him.

Went with race handling at first, and learned a lesson about that the hard way. Extremely sensitive and twitchy. Now running sport, which is a big improvement... havent tried the others yet.

Tough as nails too... a hard bad landing is just a brush off for this thing, and she can take a few hits too. And the countermeasures are big help when it comes to homers.

And the bombing. Soooo much fun. Still have some fine tuning to do with it though... gotta get the timing right, and gotta try all the other bomb options... but I cant get enough of it. It's turned me into the troll I hate so much lol

Edited by Mr.Smith187

Volganor

I'm just going to post here a text piece I wrote detailing my first experiences with this plane and how much I love it. Excuse me while I go full fanboy here. Sadly, the pictures aren't HD quality because I don't have my good screen with me. Hope you enjoy this anyway:

"It's a well known fact in business economics: the consumer doesn't always know what they want. As such, the provider of a service or product must understand how to reach their audience and tell them why they need it.

The same happened to me. When I bought the Rogue, I dismissed it as another weaponized aircraft among all the others. Customized it and left it on hold in my hangar, to be used when opportunity called for it. But there was something beckoning about it... The metallic black paint plus the subtle and menacing blood-red lines as the second colour were like a calling.

And then, it happened. A distress call. A need for action. The roaring of an old-timey engine and the spinning of rotors. In a slight push, the old war plane was dashing through the clouds and slicing the wind in a fine, precise cleavage. An ancient dog of war was back in action and hungry to teach the younglings a lesson in strife.

The Western Rogue.

7PNYAeD.png

Given an upgrade in the finest modern weaponry, armour, engine and handling, the aircraft reached a troubled Titan in two minutes. From the far west, Fort Zancudo, to the shores of East Los Santos, my war fighter, adorned in my signature colours, rushed to the fight. On the blink of an eye, two Buzzards were shredded from side to side by the ferocious bombardment of the Rogue's explosive machine guns. From the shambles of fire and molten metal, my black bird of prey emerged victorious time after time, wasting its opposition in its loud and proud wake.

A head-on crash with the left wing left it ready for another one while it nearly disabled one of the many Buzzards that came to try and undo our amazing duo. After a few more jaw dropping moments of dogfight that seemed to mend time in itself, the Rogue fell after a third crash. It wasn't the weapon that failed, but the warrior that wielded it.

A single sourcing mission, on the wings of this plane, gave me the biggest heart-pumping moment and raw fun I've ever had in the state of San Andreas.

dupy6tC.png

As a consumer, I always thought the Hunter was what I wanted and needed. Rockstar North, instead, gave me something I didn't want but never knew I needed ever since I came to this city, a year and two thirds ago. Now it's here and I'll never open hand of it again. The Hunter that I always wanted can come, but I'm already in love with the Rogue.

It shares an old screen name with me, it can hold another passenger in case I need to take a friend somewhere, and it can hold its own pretty well. Like the Heavy Sniper before it, I'll do my best to master this work of art. Like the Heavy Sniper, it may not be the most effective weapon at hand, but it is its lack of ease of use that makes it so compelling and so desirable to be tamed. As a Rogue pilot, I already envision taking down Hydra, Lazer and Oppressor grievers with it.

Wings of steel. Rapid fire. King of the skies.

The Western Rogue.

Jgqyng1.png

This has been a GTA: Online player, satisfied customer and newly-turned Rogue fanboy. Thank you for reading and until next time... Take care."

SkylineGTRFreak

I'm seriously turning into a griefers with those bombs... BUT DAMN ARE THEY FUN

Edit: just got my First PvP air to air kill with bombs... yuuuuus

Edited by SkylineGTRFreak

mRandom

Standard handling = Twitchy but great for dogfighting, I took out one Molotok today with it, some turbulence is present and might throw off your aiming with the cannons.

Smooth handling = Great for casual flight and bombing runs, little turbulence, not good for dogfighting though, handles similar to the Cuban 800.

Sport handling = I haven't tested this one yet.

Race handling = Way too twitchy, just avoid it, too much turbulence.

Are you playing with Controller or Mouse/Keyboard?

Imo the race handling can be useful once you got the hang of it. But Controller only. With M/Kb it's just awful in my opinion.

Apart from that, I love taking down jets who think they can get a cheap kill in me.

Controller, mouse and keyboard is terrible for driving and I play on PS4.

I have to agree, the race handling is very twitchy, but for someone who has never really flown planes in this game, unless I had to. The handling isn't to bad (Playing on XB1), It will take some practice to get use to.

Sandman3769

I tried all three. I settled on sport. Race is too twitchy and unmanageable. Smooth is not agile enough. The turn radius is too large.

Sport seems to take the best of both, leaving behind all the negatives of both.

Happy Hunter

Brazilians seem to love this plane lol. Is it really famous over there?

This thing can turn very sharp. I encountered one in a mission supply Rustler (not calling it Nokota; bad name swap in my opinion) - and only escaped by the skin of my teeth.

Cannons seem more difficult to hit people with than jets, and the bombs will take some practice. But it's better that vehicles take practice to use, rather than like some where you've mastered all there is to it in a day.

So, so twitchy though.

IceDree

It might get famous in the US too ... At least among the military & aviation geeks, its one of the candidates to replace the A-10.

Aslad

Well, it was made in Brazil irl, so it's no wonder :p

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embraer_EMB_314_Super_Tucano

And then, it happened. A distress call. A need for action. The roaring of an old-timey engine and the spinning of rotors. In a slight push, the old war plane was dashing through the clouds and slicing the wind in a fine, precise cleavage. An ancient dog of war was back in action and hungry to teach the younglings a lesson in strife.

Sorry to disappoint, the Rogue is no old-timey warbird at all - it's actually quite a modern plane. See the link above :p

Awesome pictures by the way :)

Volganor

Sorry to disappoint, the Rogue is no old-timey warbird at all - it's actually quite a modern plane. See the link above :p

Awesome pictures by the way :)

Thank you!

Aw, and what a giant ball to the post I made there, then... I wanted to confirm which plane had been the inspiration for the Rogue but couldn't find it at the time. That's what I get for wanting to do things on such limited time. Thanks a lot for the link, though, I'll be sure to read it all and give my text piece a tweak. I'm not a plane connoisseur, hence my mistake, but this one deserves my attention.

Thank you, again. :)

Pedinhuh

To anyone wondering, the brazilians who knows nothing about airplanes and their designated purposes bitch and complain about this because it's a propeller plane and it's not a F-16.

They also complain it's not a dogfighter.

They don't understand that this is an Turboprop aircraft designed to fight against infantry, artillery, and intercept smuggler airplanes on the border.

But the ones that does understand very little about aircrafts and air combats, praise this a lot(these usually serve in the Air Force or Army).

Edited by Pedinhuh

Fatsanchez

This dude used to be the official fighter plane for the brazilian air force (FAB) for some years. Also it is the plane used by Esquadrilha da Fumaça, a famous brazilian stunt plane crew.

esquadrilha.jpg

deadx23

rDGL3QY.jpg

FDUoVf6.jpg

Picklez

My favorite plane that we can buy so far in the update.

Ttkrksc.jpg

Jenkiiii

It look like P-51 Mustang but have 2 seat and can only fire 2 missiles (I think it should be can fire rapid 4-6 missile before cooldown)

The nearest real-life counterpart to the Rogue is the PA-48 Enforcer (a heavily modified P-51 Mustang), so you're kinda right :) .
The in-game equivalent of the P-51 Mustang hasn't been released yet, and will be called the P-45 Nokota (which is currently available in certain Smuggling missions).
Great plane, I love it. And the fact that such a plane is even remotely competitive with a modern-day fighter jet is great.
Edited by Jenkiiii

MastuhWaffles

The biggest issue is the gun convergence.

Forza Harrd

I tried all three. I settled on sport. Race is too twitchy and unmanageable. Smooth is not agile enough. The turn radius is too large.

Sport seems to take the best of both, leaving behind all the negatives of both.

I need to change mine then. I loved flying it for a minute completely stock when I first bought it, but now upgraded with race handling I don't really like it.

Meanwhile I love flying my Molotok with Sport handling, so go figure.

edit: I still enjoy cruising in it. Haven't even attempted to kill anything with it yet,

jXFVY9d.jpg

dOvRbbG.jpg

VT5SjLq.jpg

cXs6qqE.jpg

Edited by Forza Harrd

IdRatherBeFlying

The race handling is a joke with this one: it feels like you are flying with a brick on steroids. It's both extremely sensitive and nose-dive friendly.

Yes, race mode handling seems like absolute crack at first. But learn to control it with race handling and you can outmaneuver anything in the game. For amazingly tight turns practice this technique:

(using Rogue with race handling)

- From straight level flight combine ever so *slight* bank with full up pitch and full rudder. The smallest turn radius uses the ideal bank angle that lets you use full pitch up and rudder without climbing/diving during the turn. In a hydra/lazer this bank is significant (like 20 degrees) but in the Rogue with race handling it's very small. Practice how to initiate with just the right bank angle.

- Timing/sequence is very important: Pulse the stick sideways for like 100ms and release first, followed immediately (instantly) by simultaneous full up pitch and rudder. If you do all three at the exact same time or do the wrong bank angle it is unpredictable: you might get a slower turn radius, go into a violent climb/dive, or have severe yaw wobble.

- If you have to adjust bank/pitch/rudder to avoid climbing/diving while turning remember bank change should be an extremely small and brief pulse and release. pitch changes can be slower and smoother/continuous.

If you do it right I think it turns 360 degrees in like 6 seconds without climbing, diving or wobble. After flying the Rogue in race mode switching back to the hydra felt like flying an Airbus a380.

Of course in a real dogfight you are rarely staying level in your turns but if you practice this enough you will be able to naturally control it in more complex maneuvers where you are climbing/diving/spinning. Don't forget the lazer/hydra canon has more range and is more deadly than yours so *never* go head to head with one. Outmaneuver to get behind them and they should never be able to get advantage position again. If you find yourself having to let off the throttle to avoid overrunning them beware that the best turn radius in the Rogue is with max throttle/speed. The skill of the opponent will dictate whether it's best to overshoot and reengage or slow down and keep their tail in sight.

Edited by IdRatherBeFlying

HeavyDuke

Took down a couple of Hydra's with it so far, either this plane is really good or the Hydra pilots quality has hit an all new low.

Goingcrowd9

Took down a couple of Hydra's with it so far, either this plane is really good or the Hydra pilots quality has hit an all new low.

I took down a hydra multiple times in a Seabrease delivery plane :D

So I guess it's because of shlty pilots.

Pedinhuh

If you keep your distance from the cannons, then you can own any Hydra in a dogfight.

Same also applies to Molotoks

Lazers are the real threat for it.

DuduLima

This was the first plane i bought, i've said before, it is fast, it is good to maneuver and it is very responsive, for a fully upgraded 1,2m plane, it is a good choice to enter into dogfights and to use bombs.

I'm using this over the Hydra because of some things, i felt the Hydra's response to the controls slower and worst than the Rogue and like some people said, it is the same thing about the Besra, this plane can outmaneuver the Hydra pretty much everyday, even with the stock control options and i felt the Rogue suited better my flying style.

I almost made it plain with a gray finish like the Afghan A-29B, the operative and the rogue operative liveries looks nice to a A-29A FAB themed plane and the green baron livery looks good for a A-29A Brazil's smoke squadron themed plane, but the figher livery is really beautiful and fits well this plane.

N1OhYb8.png

4Y6muv1.png

I'm seeing more people than usual coming in FZ to steal Lazers, only to destroy people cargo, cars and product but ... i don't think they are going away without a punishment ... 3 Lazers and 1 Hydra down before i got to work.

ci7YRJS.png

ulT8iOb.png

IdRatherBeFlying

This was the first plane i bought, i've said before, it is fast, it is good to maneuver and it is very responsive, for a fully upgraded 1,2m plane, it is a good choice to enter into dogfights and to use bombs.

I'm using this over the Hydra because of some things, i felt the Hydra's response to the controls slower and worst than the Rogue and like some people said, it is the same thing about the Besra, this plane can outmaneuver the Hydra pretty much everyday, even with the stock control options and i felt the Rogue suited better my flying style.

I almost made it plain with a gray finish like the Afghan A-29B, the operative and the rogue operative liveries looks nice to a A-29A FAB themed plane and the green baron livery looks good for a A-29A Brazil's smoke squadron themed plane, but the figher livery is really beautiful and fits well this plane.

N1OhYb8.png

4Y6muv1.png

I'm seeing more people than usual coming in FZ to steal Lazers, only to destroy people cargo, cars and product but ... i don't think they are going away without a punishment ... 3 Lazers and 1 Hydra down before i got to work.

ci7YRJS.png

ulT8iOb.png

My only complaint about the Rogue is that the explosive cannons are not quite powerfull enough. Most of the time I am just disabing a hydra/lazer and the pilot bails out like your last picture with the lazer in flames. I'm getting them out of the sky but it would be more satisfying with the kill.

Edited by IdRatherBeFlying

the_potato

N1OhYb8.png

4Y6muv1.png

ci7YRJS.png

ulT8iOb.png

My only complaint about the Rogue is that the explosive cannons are not quite powerfull enough. Most of the time I am just disabing a hydra/lazer and the pilot bails out like your last picture with the lazer in flames. I'm getting them out of the sky but it would be more satisfying with the kill.

They are as strong as Hydra and Lazer cannons, only problem is that the Rogue's cannons are far apart from themselves so most of the time you hit an enemy with only one cannon.