1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Rapid GT Classic Discussion

Dacelo

36059587524_b4ceb9af8f_h.jpg

c2aa78190c04fd7ef031ee3ee3ca4a90.jpg

That's something that never gets old. :cool:

Bit like how using the Testarossa as a secondary influence for the Infernus Classic worked really well - the front looks ...still really close to an earlier-model Diablo, but with a dead ringer for the Testarossa interior, which IMO is just that little bit nicer than the Diablo interior.

Likewise, the DBS had a nice enough interior, but there's something oh so stylish about the wood dash/panels of the Jensen, compared to the leather of the Aston:

460b4573eead5749f8754f0e467197e7---aston

I mean, it's a bit of a fudge - R* squared off the angles, which is closer to the DBS, and put in more wood overall (uh, phrasing? :whistle:). In a way, while the exterior is 'DBS primary influence, Interceptor secondary', the interior is the reverse - Interceptor mainly, with a blend of DBS. :)

Edited by Commander S
  • Like 3

DBS+Jensen mix, what is from V8 Ventage?

Just asking, someone take picture and circle/mark what comes from V8 Ventage.

Fog headlights on the grille and under it, rear has the lip from it and side mirrors. Also most of the tuning parts are based on the ones on the V8. Stilln't think that it's just V8+Jensen nor DBS+Jensen, cuz news flash: GTA cars are never 1 or 2 vehicle (with very few and rare extances). It's both and neither, so what's the point of going with the topic? Edited by MGgames100
  • Like 1

Of course they never been 1-2 single vehicles mixed, but most of them got 1 general theme where it comes from. Trying to figure it out. Seems like DBS is here. Whole body shape is generally close, Jensen and V8 Ventage are only in details.

Edited by Darekl92
  • Like 1

DBS+Jensen mix, what is from V8 Ventage?

Just asking, someone take picture and circle/mark what comes from V8 Ventage.

Secondary headlights on the grille and under it, rear has the lip from it and side mirrors. Also most of the tuning parts are based on the ones on the V8. Stilln't think that it's just V8+Jensen nor DBS+Jensen, cuz news flash: GTA cars are never 1 or 2 vehicle (with very few and rare extances).

A lot of the time, there's a primary, secondary and tertiary influence. For example, the Elegy Retro Custom (R32 overall, R33 front, R34 rear), Cheetah Classic (Testarossa with a 328 front and F40 rear elements), and Molotok (MiG-15 fuselage, MiG-17 wings, MiG-19-ish tail).

From where I'm sitting, for the GT Classic, that format winds up as DBS primary, Interceptor secondary, V8 Vantage tertiary - i.e., mainly DBS, with distinctive chunks of Jensen (particularly the front), while the Vantage bits are more subtle cues throughout (things like the configuration of front lights).

Overall, it's a really clever, logical mix - really glad that both this and the Retinue carry on the trend of being logically-designed cars, with decent custom options, and solid model quality, too. As someone who isn't all that fussed by the main part of this update, I'm just glad that the cars don't disappoint! ;)

Edited by Commander S

My original point seems to have been lost: yes, it looks like an Aston with some Jensen cues, but because of how similar the V8 Vantage looks to a Mustang, you could also tell yourself it's a Dominator Classic with the wrong badge on it. Those two designs are so close that's it's not really possible to effectively parody one without also having a resemblance to the other.

I like thinking of mashup type cars IRL. I can't afford a V8 Vantage, but I could afford a Mustang and some Aston restoration parts. Some badges, wire wheels, and cut out those distinctive side vents, and I bet I could confuse a lot of people with a Vantage themed Mustang.

Anyways, OT: I'm definitely buying this as soon as it's available. Probably will mix styles; BRG paint but some kind of muscle wheels and side exhaust.

No, you wouldn't confuse anyone but a blind person or an idiot.

Anyone who knows their ass from their elbow when it comes to cars would think you are retarded

Can you color the interior on this lovely thing?

yes

Or so we think until they release it and the option isn't there like with the Torero and Ardent.

This is why I wish there could be a separate appreciation thread from the discussion thread... because 7 pages in, and it's still about what kind of real life counterpart this car is supposed to be.

No disrespect, but for the love of Christ, WHO CARES??? Cars in GTA are mismatched/altered versions of real cars, because otherwise R* has to pay royalties to automakers (I know, like they can't afford it, right...) In other words, it could be either or. Make your version of it closer to the car you think it should be and get on with it already...

Seriously, no disrespect meant to the ones taking part in the 3 day long butting of heads... obviously you're passionate about it... but when can you just let it be what it is and POST SOME DAMN PICTURES ALREADY!!

Edited by Mr.Smith187

Can you color the interior on this lovely thing?

yes

Yep - more or less the same as the Infernus Classic. Trim colour covers the seats, dash, centre console, doors - anything that isn't wood or metal, basically. :)

This is why I wish there could be a separate appreciation thread from the discussion thread... because 7 pages in, and it's still about what kind of real life counterpart this car is supposed to be.

No disrespect, but for the love of Christ, WHO CARES??? Cars in GTA are mismatched/altered versions of real cars, because otherwise R* has to pay royalties to automakers (I know, like they can't afford it, right...) In other words, it could be either or. Make your version of it closer to the car you think it should be and get on with it already...

Seriously, no disrespect meant to the ones taking part in the 3 day long butting of heads... obviously you're passionate about it... but when can you just let it be what it is and POST SOME DAMN PICTURES ALREADY!!

The car is not released yet. Limited amount of people have access to it. Go ahead and post your own pictures.

This is a discussion thread, they can discuss as much as they like. We don't need lectures about why R* makes the cars the way they do, we know. It is still a very valid discussion to figure out where every single inch of the vehicle is inspired from. Who cares? The people discussing it care.

Also, appreciation topics are not photo topics. People do not have to post photos of the car to appreciate it.

• Like 1

I didn't catch if it's been mentioned yet but does anyone know the price? Expecting it to be at least 500k but hoping it's not over a million.

Lol triggered europoor nice people actually thik that that is a aston martin lol. Half of you nice people probably haven even seen a muscle car. and this is not an opinion this is a fact!!!

Might be a fact that you need to go back to school or something, jesus christ. Are you 12 years old?

My original point seems to have been lost: yes, it looks like an Aston with some Jensen cues, but because of how similar the V8 Vantage looks to a Mustang, you could also tell yourself it's a Dominator Classic with the wrong badge on it. Those two designs are so close that's it's not really possible to effectively parody one without also having a resemblance to the other.

I like thinking of mashup type cars IRL. I can't afford a V8 Vantage, but I could afford a Mustang and some Aston restoration parts. Some badges, wire wheels, and cut out those distinctive side vents, and I bet I could confuse a lot of people with a Vantage themed Mustang.

Anyways, OT: I'm definitely buying this as soon as it's available. Probably will mix styles; BRG paint but some kind of muscle wheels and side exhaust.

Lol your post reminds of this guy in Brooklyn that has a green, mid 2000s Jaguar coupe.Dude literally replaced the Jag badge with an Aston Martin badge and gave the car a chrome mesh grille.Its like f***k, CLOSE ENOUGH.

• Like 2

I wonder if the hood can be opened with the last hood option (super charger and exposed exhaust pipes)

I didn't catch if it's been mentioned yet but does anyone know the price? Expecting it to be at least 500k but hoping it's not over a million.

It's $885.000.

The car is not released yet. Limited amount of people have access to it. Go ahead and post your own pictures.

This is a discussion thread, they can discuss as much as they like. We don't need lectures about why R* makes the cars the way they do, we know. It is still a very valid discussion to figure out where every single inch of the vehicle is inspired from. Who cares? The people discussing it care.

Also, appreciation topics are not photo topics. People do not have to post photos of the car to appreciate it.

It stops being discussion when people start prejudicing races/nationalities. (for whatever reason) I mean really? didn't think the online section could stoop any lower.

Edited by Nero
  • Like 5

I wonder if the hood can be opened with the last hood option (super charger and exposed exhaust pipes)

Yep it can be opened.

It stops being discussion when people start prejudicing races/nationalities. (for whatever reason) I mean really? didn't think the online section could stoop any lower.

Most of the people in here are joking, it's pretty common car guy banter.

And the Online section can and has stooped much, much lower.

OT: Nah I don't think you can open the hood with the last engine option.

• Like 3

Not based on any Mustang at all? I think we've all noticed that Rockstar will take more than two real life cars and make one for GTA. As an avid car enthusiast and Aston Martin/James Bond affcianado the Rapid GT Classic is quite clearly based on the 1970s/80s era Aston Martin V8/V8 Vantage, just as I would argue that some influence comes from the Jenson Interceptor III, I would argue there are some small details that seem Mustang-esq. Now somebody keeps posting photos of a 1968 Ford Mustang Shelby, that's not the car I would argue the Rapid GT Classic takes any influence from. Look at the tail lights of the the Rapid GT Classic and then look at the tail lights of a 1968 Mustang, not the Shelby with the wide tail lights but a standard 1968 Mustang. That's what I would argue those tail lights on the GT Classic are inspired by.

Side rant; How could you look at the Aston Martins of the late 1960's and say that they were not at all influenced by American Muscle Cars? They're gorgeous cars in their own right but it's quite obvious where the inspiration came from, besides it will be as close as we get to a Classic Mustang until Rockstar comes out with the Domimator Classic.

Edited by Zachgriff11
  • Like 2

Side rant; How could you look at the Aston Martins of the late 1960's and say that they were not at all influenced by American Muscle Cars? They're gorgeous cars in their own right but it's quite obvious where the inspiration came from, besides it will be as close as we get to a Classic Mustang until Rockstar comes out with the Domimator Classic.

That's just it - I mentioned it before, but the reason why people see Mustang influences in there is because Bill Towns "borrowed" (;)) the rear quarter design from late-'60s Mustangs:

Aston~Martin~DBs~(1).jpg

194119_Rear_3-4_Web.jpg

(I've also read - although not seen corroborated, so take it with a pinch of salt - that the more streamlined, 'squared-off' front end and paired headlights for the DBS were inspired by the 1st-gen Camaro, which isn't hard to imagine if you compare the two!)

• Like 3

I think the real shame here is that this one won't be weaponized, and we won't be able to make that quip about having "optional extras installed"

I think the real shame here is that this one won't be weaponized, and we won't be able to make that quip about having "optional extras installed"

Are you insane?

There should have never been any weaponized cars to begin with. I hope we get none, ever again.

I want one.

Anybody able to make it resemble this?

OUfvfmq.jpg

So beautiful i could lick it.

• Like 3

Well I just think it's a beautiful made up car. Simple.

Same here,I don't really care what real car it's based on,I just know that I like it and can't wait to get it once it's released.

It's going to be fun seeing the versatility of people's cars when it's eventually released. I like a car that can wear a few different looks comfortably.

• Like 6