Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,589 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Tchuck

Boss Golf: Golf Resort Management Sim

Tchuck

Hello folks!

Today I'd like to introduce you to a new game I'm developing:

Gn95x4m.png

A lot of things have changed since last update! Now we have a trailer!

And a Steam store page listing!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/869060/Boss_Golf/

About

SimGolf was a favourite of mine from back in the day. Been waiting for a sequel or something similar to it since. But most other games took a more realistic route and removed the management element from the equation. So I thought "Wait a second! I'm a game developer! I should build my own!" and so I started development of it.

Boss Golf is a golf resort management sim, where gameplay is concentrated into three areas:

• Building your resort and the golf courses
  • Managing the finance and personnel of the resort to turn a profit and hosting tournaments
  • Playing the courses yourself to win prizes as a professional golfer

Development Blog

To keep people informed of the development of the game, I started up a devblog located at http://bossgolf.blog, and the homepage for the game is located at http://www.bossgolf.jp

In there you'll find detailed posts on each update, as well as news regarding the development. I'll use this topic for the bigger updates, such as when a new demo is released, and to have discussion about features and ideas.

Target Platform

Currently I'm aiming to have the game on PC/Mac/Linux. Other platform support would come later.

Current State

Boss Golf is now in closed alpha! The current version of the alpha allows for building up your resort, creating holes, editing terrain, and landscaping the tiles.

You can find information about joining the closed alpha here!

Media

LpAMBCd.png

QpmRltC.png

2hJDdgR.png

Lr89r63.png

So, let's discuss! What sort of feature would you like to see in a game like this? What are some of your favourite tycoon/management games?

Wish you good luck! It's always very impressive to see one guy take on a whole project. I've never played a golf sim before. Used to play a lot of rollercoaster tycoon back when I was a kid though.

In RC Tycoon, I always had a lot of fun keeping my finances in check, even as a kid. A rich finance system is what makes those games great.

Tchuck

Oh yeah, I wanna bring the feelings from those tycoon games of yore. One of my all time favourites is Transport Tycoon! Lord knows how much time I spent planning railroads, balancing the budget, expanding my transport network, connecting factories to resources, making massive railways. It was amazing.

Rollercoaster Tycoon too, testing rides, coming up with new ideas, causing accidents for the fun of it!

With this game, I wanna make all three areas of it extremely fun. I wanna make building the course and the resort feel good, feel relaxing, give you all the tools to experiment and just run with it.

Rockstar Vienna

Really cool! All the best to you and your project! :^:

AiraCobra

Oh cool it's a Be Donald Trump On The Weekend sim

Tchuck

Hahaha in some ways, yes. You can bet I'll make a Ronald Drumpf AI character that can appear to golf at your course, but only if it's the best course ever created since he's the best golfer ever.

For this game, I really wanna work up some very nice AI, whose play affects their relationships with other golfers, as well as their performance on the course. Really work the difference between the pro golfer and the weekend golfer.

AiraCobra

I was only joking, It takes a lot of guts and work to get where you are with making this so i bow to you my friend.

Good luck with this :)

Audi

Never played SimGolf but loved Roller Coaster Tycoon as a kid and golfing irl as an adult lol. Hope this works out, this would be a fun game.

The management and finace aspects of those games were always really fascinating to me.

Tchuck

Never played SimGolf but loved Roller Coaster Tycoon as a kid and golfing irl as an adult lol. Hope this works out, this would be a fun game.

The management and finace aspects of those games were always really fascinating to me.

Awesome! Then you're just the kind of person that this game was made for! haha

Go ahead and give the terrain demo a try! I need some feedback on how it feels, if it's clear, any potential ideas and feature requests etc.

Also, I set up a discord channel to talk about the development of the game and get feedback faster too!

Tchuck

Finished updating the terrain system. It is lighter, easier to manage, and better integrated with the water system:

O7bTPvM.png

I'm happy with the terrain as it is now, only lacking more assets, but it works well enough.

So next weekend's major update will be actually golf gameplay. Shoot the ball around and test the hole you just created!

Tchuck

Hey folks!

As before, I've added some basic golf playing gameplay to the game. You can now create your holes, and then play them!

IwUUJLk.png
You can find more details and the download link to the demo here!
As always, it's still well early alpha and there's many things that are likely broken. All feedback is appreciated!

Tchuck

Hey folks!

It's been a busy couple of months since I last posted here!

The game has evolved quite a bit, with updated terrain tools and more.

I've also started a proper homepage for the game, located here!

And I've also moved the game into Closed Alpha stage, to allow me better control over the builds, as well as a better pipeline for updating them. If you are interested in trying it out, sign up today!

Some new images!

ffOZOmT.png

w4exJ6X.png

ijarEl8.gif

ATdK7dR.gif

7V70K5f.gif

Nice to hear you're making progress. The system specs should be able to run it on a toaster laptop right? Think I'll give it a try when it launches. Sorry but I'm not really interested in beta testing :p

Tchuck

Nice to hear you're making progress. The system specs should be able to run it on a toaster laptop right? Think I'll give it a try when it launches. Sorry but I'm not really interested in beta testing :p

For benchmark, I was able to run it on an i5 with 4gb of ram and onboard video craptop, without any lagging whatsoever. And that was with a previous version that wasn't as optimized as the current one. So I'm pretty confident it will run on potatoes!

Tchuck

It's that time of the year again, when Boss Golf has been updated!

We are now at version 0.3!

What's new for this version you ask? Well allow me to answer!

• AI Players! Now little AI people will come and play around on the golf course you built. If the holes are open, they'll line up and have a go!

• Walls! Keep those undesirables out and make your golf course great again!

• Clubhouse! This is where the AI comes from, and where you'll be able to do a bunch of cool new things.

• Paths! This will be used by the AI to move around more effectively. As it is now, they don't really use it. But it's there!

• Saving and Loading! Now the course you built will keep alive between launches of the game.

And for some eye candy:

The Clubhouse in all its Japanese glory:

MZzWHni.png

Not Tiger Woods lining up for a drive:

5eoe4yh.png

Again not Tiger Woods attempting an easy par:

b1Idgva.png

Unnamed Korean golfer driving it nice and far:

s9sSD6o.png

Still have some spots left in the closed Alpha, so if you're interested in trying it out, check it out!

anus

This game is going to be YUUUUUGE.

Looks great my man. Cool idea too. You going to put it up on Steam or just direct to consumer?

Tchuck

This game is going to be YUUUUUGE.

Looks great my man. Cool idea too. You going to put it up on Steam or just direct to consumer?

Hahaha thanks! I hope so too!

I'm going to offer it both on Steam and on itch.io, plus any other online storefront I can have the time to put on. If possible, gonna try to get my studio to publish it (working at Capcom now). If they don't want to publish, I'll just do it myself!

Tchuck

It's been a while since the last update!

In between then, the game has reached 0.6, I've demoed it on BitSummit here in Kyoto, to a pretty good reception, and created a Steam store page!

You can find the Store page here! It would be great if you guys could wishlist it if it's your kind of game!

And I've also created a trailer, that you can see here:

∴

It looks great, I'm particularly fond of the art style. I think it really suits the vibe you're going for, and it looks very vibrant and inviting.

If this was an iOS game, I'd be right there, but I'm not much of a PC gamer unfortunately. Do you have any plans for a mobile release?

Tchuck

Cheers!

As for mobile, it's not something I'm thinking about now, cause I can't think of a good monetization plan that wouldn't be terribly unfair on PC gamers.

So initially, it'll be a Windows/Mac/Linux thing. Next up, would be the Switch. And then if I can think of a good way, I'd put it on mobile!

∴

Well I wish you the very best of luck. I do have a separate laptop with a Steam account, so I may actually end up giving this a go at some point. I do tend to prefer the simpler, "easier" games available that promote replays and reward often.

I love the idea of having secret characters and golf clubs, but I'm a sucker for unlockables like that.

ARTHUR.

ill give it a crack when its out :cool:

Uncle Sikee Atric

I'm deffo waiting on this one, then I'll give it a spin Tchuck.

(As an aside, why not change your Avatar to show you're the Boss Golf Dev?  It's more free advertising on here, no matter how little / often you post.)