RM-10 Bombushka Appreciation Thread

xXxKAMIKAZExXx

• 1 month later...

This thing really deserves huge, huge bombs. And a bombsight.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

This thing really deserves huge, huge bombs. And a bombsight.

And make it faster. I know it´s huge, but flying at walking speeds? ugh

• Like 4

And infinite bombs. It's so easy to bring down, it wouldn't make it OP.

• Like 3

RUFF_inthejungle
9 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

And a bombsight.

You can kind of make your own - I forget who suggested it but they used one of the lifeguard shacks on the beach as a practice target and its a great idea. When using the furthest 3rd person view on the Bushka the bombs will hit just below the bottom of the screen, or just behind the tail of the plane in the nearest 3rd person cam. Using farthest 3rd person view in the Volatol, the bombs hit almost exactly between the plane and the bottom  of the screen. This is all in level flight at high-to-full speed and dives or climbs will certainly change trajectories but enough practice makes it a breeze to bomb even other aircraft!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RUFF_inthejungle said:

You can kind of make your own - I forget who suggested it but they used one of the lifeguard shacks on the beach as a practice target and its a great idea. When using the furthest 3rd person view on the Bushka the bombs will hit just below the bottom of the screen, or just behind the tail of the plane in the nearest 3rd person cam. Using farthest 3rd person view in the Volatol, the bombs hit almost exactly between the plane and the bottom  of the screen. This is all in level flight at high-to-full speed and dives or climbs will certainly change trajectories but enough practice makes it a breeze to bomb even other aircraft!

But at what altitude though?

RUFF_inthejungle

I don't have any exact numbers, only practice but in my experience its pretty consistent as long as you're low enough that the bombs won't despawn. Matching bomb trajectory to a moving target certainly becomes more difficult at higher altitude so lower is usually better - I like to use Dispatches III and VI for moving target practice. Mogul and Tula are more intuitive than the big planes, at normal to high speeds they'll hit the target when it's obscured by the fuselage, when using the closest 3rd person view and Mogul is an especially good dive bomber, often hits the target with the nose pointed straight at it at a 45-60 degree dive. B11 is close to that and a full-speed Rogue can scoop a bomb all the way into the back of the hanger on LS Connection.

16 hours ago, RUFF_inthejungle said:

I don't have any exact numbers, only practice but in my experience its pretty consistent as long as you're low enough that the bombs won't despawn. Matching bomb trajectory to a moving target certainly becomes more difficult at higher altitude so lower is usually better - I like to use Dispatches III and VI for moving target practice. Mogul and Tula are more intuitive than the big planes, at normal to high speeds they'll hit the target when it's obscured by the fuselage, when using the closest 3rd person view and Mogul is an especially good dive bomber, often hits the target with the nose pointed straight at it at a 45-60 degree dive. B11 is close to that and a full-speed Rogue can scoop a bomb all the way into the back of the hanger on LS Connection.

If I'm not mistaken, bombs won't hit the ground if the airplane is above 1000ft(first line in the minimap altimeter), so I'd say you're between 500ft to 1000ft in the air...Interesting.

I'll make some experiments tonight with my Rogue and report back.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Yellow Dog with Cone

gfaqc5hluph21.jpg

• 1 month later...
Happy Hunter

An extremely rare sight.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 4

TheLordMarvel
6 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

An extremely rare sight.

Rare sight indeed!

Since release, I have seen just ONE flying around. And I accidentally shot it down...... 👀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Happy Hunter said:

An extremely rare sight.

Helluva an editing! 👍

Reminds me of that scene from Olympus Has Fallen.

• Like 3

Yellow Dog with Cone
On 4/8/2019 at 11:29 PM, IceDree said:

Reminds me of that scene from Olympus Has Fallen.

Titan Mk II when?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Voodoo-Hendrix said:

Titan Mk II when?

I like the way you think 👍

Can you imagine a MkII Titan with this loadout? 😍

37326268882_3d096b3635_b.jpg

• Like 5

White Shark

Damn I love the Bombushka. I just wish it was more weaponised. I would love it to have:

Infinite bombs (it is a bomber after all)

Gimballed nose mounted minigun for pilot

Double countermeasures

Homing missiles

Even with all of this it would not be overpowered in the slightest due to its speed and size. 

Same goes for the Volatol.

And the Titan definitely needs an upgradeable version to add weapons etc.

• 1 month later...
SummerFreeze

S86xWyx.jpg

I didn't land the Bombushka for fear of blowing up the Deluxos. Instead I bailed out and sent the plane back to storage via the MC menu. They landed nicely like this. I have the Grand Senora Desert facility.

Edited by SummerFreeze

12 hours ago, SummerFreeze said:

S86xWyx.jpg

I didn't land the Bombushka for fear of blowing up the Deluxos. Instead I bailed out and sent the plane back to storage via the MC menu. They landed nicely like this. I have the Grand Senora Desert facility.

Probably the most time efficient way to tackle this mission solo.

I always landed on the golf club though, no NPC traffic bullsh*t there.

• Like 1

Hellbendzor

Cargobay accessible again? Planned on selling my detuned Bombushka soon… Detuned, cos some on this forum said it would unlock cargobay again if you removed certain options.. Well, that was bogus...

Haven't touched the plane since.. And I truly loved it with its awesome rocket-startboost...

Edited by Hellbendzor

1 hour ago, Hellbendzor said:

Cargobay accessible again? Planned on selling my detuned Bombushka soon… Detuned, cos some on this forum said it would unlock cargobay again if you removed certain options.. Well, that was bogus...

Haven't touched the plane since.. And I truly loved it with its awesome rocket-startboost...

You have to remove the following upgrades:
-Guns(in this case, the upgraded guns)
-Bombs
-Countermeassures
-Liveries
-JATO

Essentially your Bombushka must be bone-stock, only paintjobs, engine, armor and handling upgrades are allowed...The rest will block the cargo hold in the rear.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pedinhuh said:

You have to remove the following upgrades:
-Guns(in this case, the upgraded guns)
-Bombs
-Countermeassures
-Liveries
-JATO

Essentially your Bombushka must be bone-stock, only paintjobs, engine, armor and handling upgrades are allowed...The rest will block the cargo hold in the rear.

It has the classic symptoms of a glitch, with specific upgrades triggering the cargo bay's invisible wall. If it even is a glitch to begin with.

And knowing Rockstar, hoping for a fix is unrealistic at this point. This game will collapse upon itself at this rate, they seem to give no sh*t to its long-term survivability whatsoever.

7 minutes ago, Aghakhi said:

It has the classic symptoms of a glitch, with specific upgrades triggering the cargo bay's invisible wall. If it even is a glitch to begin with.

current speculations says that this was intentional because there were tons of glitches and clipping issues when carried sh*t in back of the airplane and used JATO, the problem is that JATO is a new kind of upgrade that was introduced with Smuggler's Run, along with bombs, countermeasures, etc...And when they decided to add this invisible wall, they didn't noticed that the effect would also affect the other upgrades.

Engine, Armor, Paintjobs and Handling upgrades are merely multipliers of the vehicle's original attributes, using the same scripts you find in common LSC upgrades.

So it was just incompetence in the end.

I'm not entirely sure I buy this theory, but it seems plausible.

Edited by Pedinhuh
  • Like 1

Hellbendzor
Spoiler

The only glitch I know, is the fact they stopped you from using the Bombushka for ONE thing in freeroam and that's collecting those four slomo 'shoot me in the head, when I have to drive another yard in this bike' MC sale with the police ambush..

My modus was: Check bikes if delivery distance was the same, call in Bombushka, store all bikes over there. SATO and enjoy that feature by gaining alti (and hoping one of the bikes wouldn't fall out, if so land and repeat).. Fly over and bomb the feds… Hope I would pick the right location (one chance out of three I think) and land it somewhere. No fear of it blowing up like the Titan. Sent it back through MC-president feature. PUt all bikes back on their two wheels QUICK. And drive over... DONE

Then this invis wall happened and I got ZERO use for the bombushka anymore. Apart perhaps land it on Maze bank and show off (to myself).

No SATO= selling it... I'll use the Titan instead. At least I have some tension when I land it. The bombushka standard is as appealing as driving those slomo bikes over to the point of delivery... 

For those still doubting it... It WAS a countermeasure for sure to counter the creativity to avoid these bikes. You gain as much as ten mins, in which you can do  other things. But nop, Rockstar can't have you using an extremely useless and expensive plane for what it is actually intended… I'll sell it tomorrow.. No need to wait for a 'fix'. That ain't happening as this doesn't need fixing. It WAS intentional...

Carry on... 😉

• Like 1

Happy Hunter

Has anyone ever killed a MKII Broomstick with this?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

Has anyone ever killed a MKII Broomstick with this?

I think it would be a stretch to imagine that it hasn't happened yet. Probably a culmination of the right circumstances and the right players at just the right time, but whoever were the heroes behind such feat, we'll probably never know.

It's not impossible, so someone out there must have nailed it already :)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I think the pros outway the cons for this plane if the sole purpose is for carrying cargo.

Pros:

-Very resistant to collision hencing landing in crowded areas isn't a problen

-unrealistically slow, but smooth handling combined with the lack of turbulence makes it extremely save to transport cargo without risking it getting it blown up. Flying reminds me of an ocean liner

-plane keeps flying straight and doesn't loose altitude when nobodys at the control meaning you could be in a sale, take a dump while the plane flies itself cross the map

- landing and taking off takes very little room even without jtol, less than half the length of the plane. 

Cons

-cant use cargo bay unless you remove all upgrades except for amor, engine, paint and handling 

Edited by Fungus007

On 6/1/2019 at 7:50 AM, Hellbendzor said:

It's not bogus. You can if you take off all upgrades except engije1, amor and handling and paint. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Willy A. Jeep

The Soviet Union, 1955. Reconstruction of the republics is going as well as they can, even if that little bit of Germany managed to slip through Khrushchev's fingers. The arms race is ratcheting up and all of those capitalists on the other side of the curtain are scared silly of mighty Russia's wielding of the atom. There's even talk about putting a man-made-moon up in the sky, signalling that the mastery of the proletariat is not only of the Earth, but of the universe itself.

Unfortunately, agrarian peasantry and beeping balls don't win wars. Tanks, trucks, guns, and planes do, and the United States has a brand-new heavy-lift cargo-and-troop transport airframe already flying. This American Titan is far beyond anything left over from yesteryear's war - it's powered by four turboprops, has a 37-ton payload capacity, and they say it can land literally anywhere. There's even talk about putting guns on it, what with that whole Indochina thing the French are dealing with looking like it's getting pretty serious. So, never to be outdone in engineering, the apparatchiks in Moscow went on down to Kiev and asked the Rachmaninoff design bureau  if they had anything to offer. Scrambling to come up with something that would keep them out of the gulag, the boys at Rachmaninoff pulled out a bunch of schematics of a design they'd been working on since '51 and promised that it'd be an epic-worthy Titan-killer by 1960.

Well, after a few hundred bottles of Cherenkov, they managed to get something vaguely resembling their original design into the air. In typical Soviet fashion, a philosophy of brute force was applied to every hurdle thrown at Rachmaninoff. Needs more thrust? Two more engines. Needs more firepower? Here's a tail-mounted turret. Needs to be able to fly? Make the wings longer. Needs to fly straight? Have a few more stabilizers. Needs broad-spectrum aeronautical monitoring equipment? Stick some vacuum tubes in there and call it a computer. By 1959, this hulk of Marxist philosophy and melted-down Vom Feuer rifles was ready for serial production, christened the RM-10. Western forces quickly caught on to this smoke-coughing, window-shaking skywhale and gave it the moniker "Babushka". Not quite the Zeus that Rachmaninoff was hoping for, but hey, points for originality.

While production of the RM-10 ceased in the early 1970s, these planes, like a lot of the USSR, have stayed long past their welcome. Many now fill simple cargo carrier roles in far-flung corners of Eurasia, though a few remain in military service among the post-Soviet states. Never holding a candle to the Titan, even Rachmaninoff has moved on from their drunken miracle, but it isn't to say Babushka has aged poorly. Indeed, in the new dot-com economy of San Andreas, where anybody can be a vendor online, a beat-up old cargo plane can be very useful. Can the bay hold a dozen dismantled Principes? How about a quartet of not-quite-authentic Annis sports coupes? 10,000 packs of Chihuahua wieners? They'll fetch a nice mark-up if you can get them to Canada without falling out of the sky. And if you can find one of the gunships, then you're well on your way to starting up an all-new PMC on top of whatever illegitimate cargo operation you've got going on. Yes, I'd say the old lady still has a few tricks up her sarafan.

So, here's mine. Or, rather, here's the one I've leased from Warstock for the past year or so. They've had a whole blowout of ex-Russian hardware since that submarine wrecked off the Paleto coast. It's a gunship model, built in 1967, and I don't expect to know much else. It's a good idea to brush up on your Cyrillic if you're planning to fly one of these things, but you don't have to know the whole Tolstoy library. I mainly bring it out for flights up to San Fierro when they've got air shows going on, but moving the car collection between lock-ups doesn't always need to mean renting a semi and trailer. Have yet to see another in such good shape as this, if another is out there, but that's for another day. Dasvidaniya.

T6u7H1T.jpg

G8TRWJv.jpg1YmBbLN.jpg

bIlrs1r.jpgBVlAASd.jpg

KqZV2Yb.jpgTmjt15m.jpg

As always, more images in the spoiler below.

Spoiler

aJbiot3.jpg

JaP07gK.jpg

zIuQIJ5.jpg

Zq0fiHX.jpg

PaGPM43.jpg

5Pw82gl.jpg

vYMB09p.jpg

Siy8NWh.jpg

ZdhPl3E.jpg

pXqxug5.jpg

kd8uJYQ.jpg